In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walmart gun policy

slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
Just saw where Walmart is going to video tape all gun sales and keep coies of all transactons. If a gun they sell is used in crime, they will refuse to sell another gun to that person. Never bought a gun at Wally World and do not plan to. To me it is just a stupid, redundant, grandstand manuver to appear to be politicaly correct. Mayby the NRA put them up to it? For sure the Governor of New York actualy is involved. Hardliners, have at Wally World!!!

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, does anyone thing that is the ONLY video camera that Wally World has in it's store?

If I go out in public, I figure I'm on at least 5-6 cameras at a time.

Keep copies of all transactions?
    Well, DUH....

They don't have a choice.
    4473s HAVE to be kept.

Yup, just grandstanding, this is nothing new, they have been doing this for a long time.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Don't care about previous surveillance cameras. For Wal*Mart to overtly and knowingly make this a policy related to firearm sales, this will keep me forever out of their stores.

They, as a private business, can do so if they wish. I as a private citizen, choose to exercise my option of shopping elsewhere.

Seems a globalist operation to me. Surveilling and recording gun sales and also flooding America with cheap Chinese crap, all to the detriment of American industry.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Slumlord;
    Just another example of your confusion over government infringment and private business practices.

Wal-Mart will continue to be on the list of 'do not do gun business with'...just as FFL dealers have been on that list for many years.

The ENTIRE "FFL" system is UNCONSTITUTIONAL..FROM ONE END TO THE OTHER.
    Now..if Wallyworld wants you to stand on your head and be spun like a top for you to buy from them...that is strictly THEIR business.....or take your business ELSEWHERE.
    The government has left me no choice, however...I MUST bend over and drop my pants to buy a new gun..nationwide..directly countravening the Constitution...and supported by Slumlords, Trfoxes, and most other gun owners, might I add...

Obviously, you boys enjoy that reaming better then I.
  • Aaron.Combs1Aaron.Combs1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this does not really pertain to this specific topic, bit before i was deployed to Korea me and one of my buddies walked into walmart carrying. my buddy is a former SF sniper, as well as LEO plus we both had our CCW. he starts talking to the sports associate who he knows quite well. i hear over the intercom "security, line one" sporting goods department. he did not hear it, but i keept my cool. uppon exiting, i noticed someone standing in the garden dept. with no earthly buisness there, waiting to intercept us. (you could tell he was an undercover officer). anyhow before said interception took place i notified my buddy of what was going on, and i acknowledged him "afternoon officer" and keept walking, he had the dumbest look on his face... oh and just "by chance he parked right next to my buddies truck.... that was the last day i went to walmart
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few years ago I attempted to buy a gun that was marked way down. They asked for two pieces of ID, I gave them my passport and drivers license. They said the passport was not a valid form of identification. Gave them my carry permit, they said that was not acceptable. I expressed my amazement at the fact that even though legally it is unecessary for me to produce two formso f ID, what was more amazing was that they would not accept my passport. Theysaid they would take a utility bill (like I walk around with utility bills in my pocket).
    I asked them if they would take a hunting license they said that was valid. So I then asked to purchase a hunting license, which only required a drivers license. Then the guy started double talking, now all of a sudden a hunting license is not aceptable. "But you just said a hunting license is acceptable!"
    "Duhhhh, uhhh, not if you buy it now."
    I then asked to see the written policy as to what constitutes valid Wal Mart Identification. testily he informed me "Whatever I tell you is acceptable." I told him to go bleen himself, called walmart and notified them I would no longer be shopping there, nor would anyone in my family. They couldnt give a rats *.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my previous post, I am NOT defending Wally World. Don't go there myself. I have NEVER even tried to buy a gun there, never will, don't care what price they have on it. There are some things more important than money.

It just surprises me that anyone would think that they were NOT being video taped inside ANY store now days.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Almost every store video tapes everyone...for theft purposes. Just look up at the ceiling at all those half black ball "bubbles".

However this makes one feel like a crimminal just for buying a gun...and is insinuating one will eventually become a crimminal just because he/she owns a gun.[xx(]
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball
    Sounds like you realy enjoy it when you bend over and drop your pants!
  • Aaron.Combs1Aaron.Combs1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bad form slumlord...that was really un-called for
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    No, Slumlord..allow me to say it slower...just for people like you.

N i c s c h e c k s a r e U n C o n s t i t i o n a l ! !

YOU are the guy proclaiming how they make us all safer...YOU !!

That makes YOU the guy enjoying the 'bending over' business..for the ONLY screams of outrage comes from people like me.

Somehow, you enjoy crawling on your belly, begging for permission.

I don't...and the people I admire don't either. That leaves you as something to be scrapped off a boot....