In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No shipment to Washington State - How Come?

crstrodecrstrode Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
Browsing thru this and other autction sites, I've noted that some sellers choose not to ship black powder guns to the State of Washington.

As far as I can tell, Washington state does not regulate the sale, possession, or transfer of antique, replica, or black powder guns as defined by the Feds.

Does anyone know the reason?

Comments

• steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    E-mail the sellers and ask. Im curious too.
  • crstrodecrstrode Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did ask one seller that had the shipping restriction to Washington state.

This fellow had seen similar restrictions in other auction listings, along with some hints of restrictions on the Cabela's on-line store.

After doing some research, the seller e-mailed me back and reported that he could find no reason not to ship black powder arms to Washington state.

He then graciously revised his ad to permit shipment to my home state of Washington.

This is GREAT.

This fellows diligent effot is just the sort of action we should all take. We must be vigilant to prevent the current restrictive environment from becoming even worse due to our own misunderstandings.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good going. [:D]
    And welcome to the forum.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Don't send any nice guns here! The damn things will rust away in two weeks!!![xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]