In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

get the pro gunners together

brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
Anybody here besides me write to the NRA or GOA and any other pro gun groups to try and get them to join together?? right noe the anti gun folks are looking at the many different groups that actually fight each other and they laugh. They know the pro gunners cannot get it together. I've written to everyone I have been able to find, asking then to join each other. Just maybe if more of you did the same, instead of just whining about one group or the other we could make a difference. Start writing! Stop whining!Thanks for your time and effort.

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Just curious;
    How do you intend, with this glorious joining together, to remake the NRA in the image of the Second Amendment ?
    What lever do you intend to use to rift the entire upper echelon of `leaders'...gun controllers ALL ..and replace them with Americans ?
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody here besides me write to the NRA or GOA and any other pro gun groups to try and get them to join together??

An exercise in futility, and counter-productive, trying to merge an organization that supports the RTKBA and one that doesn't.
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree. Useless to try. But I guess if you really need a hobby......
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have the same problem that the rest of the country has with every hot issuse. We all spend a lot of time arguing over the details and fail to work together because we will NEVER all agree on all points of the issue. It is realy simple. If ENOUGH people are vocal on any issue, the politicians will listen. If we keep arguing amongst ourselves instead of ALL of us making our points to the politicans, we will lose this battle. I firmly believe that we can persevere IF we work TOGETHER instead of bickering amgonst ourselves. ALL the pro gun orginazations are a good thing contrary to what some here believe. I attend gun shows throughout the midwest and none of the participants seem to think that the NRA is a bad thing. Let the anti NRA rants begin!!!
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well those of you who replyed at least firmed up my beleif that you on here do nothing but whine about gun control yet in reality DO NOTHING. Get off you butts and at least write or email or call. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS!!!! A lesson in futility, sounds to me that you all probably listened to the media about how obama would win the elections and just stayed home on election day because it would be A LESSON IN FUTILITY!!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    Well those of you who replyed at least firmed up my beleif that you on here do nothing but whine about gun control yet in reality DO NOTHING. Get off you butts and at least write or email or call. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS!!!! A lesson in futility, sounds to me that you all probably listened to the media about how obama would win the elections and just stayed home on election day because it would be A LESSON IN FUTILITY!!
    You assume much, based on little.

Go figure....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    We have the same problem that the rest of the country has with every hot issuse. We all spend a lot of time arguing over the details and fail to work together because we will NEVER all agree on all points of the issue. It is realy simple. If ENOUGH people are vocal on any issue, the politicians will listen. If we keep arguing amongst ourselves instead of ALL of us making our points to the politicans, we will lose this battle. I firmly believe that we can persevere IF we work TOGETHER instead of bickering amgonst ourselves. ALL the pro gun orginazations are a good thing contrary to what some here believe. I attend gun shows throughout the midwest and none of the participants seem to think that the NRA is a bad thing. Let the anti NRA rants begin!!!

Point the first.....Only in very, very limited, rare and narrow circumstances.

We no longer operate as a functional Republic, thus, those we elect to represent our views, largely ignore those views and go with the "national agenda" on such issues as firearms.

Second, all "pro-gun" organizations are in fact a good thing. It is simply that the NRA is a "pro-gun control" organization.

It can be likened to being pregnant, you either are, or you are not. An individual, or organization, either supports government regulation of firearms, or they do not. The NRA does.

As to those at midwest gunshows not seeing a problem with the NRA......My long repeated point is made by you, as to the ability of the average gun owner to even begin to grasp the real issue.

Go figure....
    edited November -1
    quote:brier-49

USA
    2229 Posts
    Posted - 12/23/2008 : 05:06:42 AM

Well those of you who replyed at least firmed up my beleif that you on here do nothing but whine about gun control yet in reality DO NOTHING.
    But I AM doing something;
    I am telling all that will listen to stop begging their masters for a crumb off the table.

quote:Get off you butts and at least write or email or call. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS!!!! quote:A lesson in futility,
    At least, here, you were sharp enough to answer your own 'call to action'..the modern cowards convienent excuse for 'doing something'.

You know..."I called those barstards...and they did it ANYWAY"...type person.
    quote:sounds to me that you all probably listened to the media about how obama would win the elections and just stayed home on election day because it would be A LESSON IN FUTILITY!!
    Well of course I listened to the media.
    Me not voting for president had nothing to do with obams...and EVERYTHING to do with a lying, corrupt, anti-American sleazebag of a republican on the top of the ticket.

Sad that 120 million americans are just basically stupid...voting onamacain.
    Too bad we few that understand and appreciate the Constitution cannot educate those 120 millions...just THINK what a force we could have.

Basically, your long winded whine was entertaining (lets have more of the same)...but you failed to answer my one question.

Just how do you intend to rift the gun controllers from the UPPER ranks of the NRA ? Forget the fact that MOST of the followers in the NRA are gun controllers..or they wouldn't belong to the organization, anyway...
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody here besides me write to the NRA or GOA and any other pro gun groups to try and get them to join together?? right noe the anti gun folks are looking at the many different groups that actually fight each other and they laugh. They know the pro gunners cannot get it together. I've written to everyone I have been able to find, asking then to join each other. Just maybe if more of you did the same, instead of just whining about one group or the other we could make a difference. Start writing! Stop whining!Thanks for your time and effort.
    I have asked every NRA member I know to think about 'Right to Carry Permit Holder' and then quit the NRA and join the GOA. Is that close enough?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Highball at least I am doing something, you on the other hand are sitting there a sactimonious fool who does nothing but whine. Have any of you ever heard United we Stand Divided we Fall. Getting the NRA to change is possible with enough pressure from all the other pro gun outfits. So please do something.
    edited November -1
    What I am doing is going to have far more impact on the future then anything you, with your limited imagination, will ever have.
    You and the NRAs, and the trfoxes of the world can conceive of nothing save compromise and accepting privilege over Rights. Every move you make is a step further into tyranny.

About the NRA...no pro-gun organization worthy of the name will join with such a desperately flawed shell game running band of anti-American gun controllers. I suggest that you spend YOUR time petitioning the NRA to become an American organization, staunchly supporting the Second.
    Perhaps you ought to spend some time in quiet reflection...reviewing what it is you think you know about the Founding Documents and where you belong in relation to those documents.

As for me...I have more important things to do.

Reaching one man at a time ..awakening the fires of the Second Amendment...the REAL one ...in his belly. My fight is on a level you have not the capacity to understand.
    Your criticism of me is therefore meaningless.
    edited November -1
    Highball I also try to reach one man at a time, but I am also trying ant other aspect I can find. I don't need to reflect on what I think I know about the 2nd amenment,I have that down pat along with the rest. Please don;t preach to me about knowing the Constition.
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't need to reflect on what I think I know about the 2nd amenment,I have that down pat along with the rest.

I really do not know your level of interest in and awareness of what the Second means.
    I find your demand that we ask progun groups to join the NRA rather...laughable.

Why EVER would I join with the enemy ? Unles and until the leadership of the NRA is GONE..and half the members released as the gun grabbing fools they are...there is absolutely no prospect of me lifting a finger in your 'quest'.
    You are asking me to help you pull the Trojan Horse into friendly camps.

Thanks, but no THANKS !!
    edited November -1
    I don't need to reflect on what I think I know about the 2nd amendment,I have that down pat along with the rest. Please don't preach to me about knowing the Constition.

Fair enough; please state what you believe Article II to the
    BOR to mean, including it's intended purpose.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA and GOA are like fire and water IMO.
    edited November -1
    I think the request was to get all pro gun groups to work together, not to join the NRA. If you misunderstood that point, well excuse me. And after reading this you probably still don't get the point. Yes I know what shall not be infringed means.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    The NRA does too, it's just, perpetuating gun control is much more lucrative.
    edited November -1
    brier,

I'll ask again;

Please state what you believe Article II to the
    BOR to mean, including it's intended purpose.

Flipant, vague statements about 'infringement' do not qualify.
    edited November -1
    ws, read the 2nd, "shall not be infringed" is the key to the 2nd. Read it
    edited November -1
    quote:I think the request was to get all pro gun groups to work together, not to join the NRA

'Working with the NRA' would do nothing except further weaken those 'other' pro-gun groups.
    The NRA has been the 'great emasculator' for the American male ..refusing to stand up and tell the Elites that they risk an all-out street fight if gun control continues.

They continue to bullsnit about .."send money, or you Second Amendment is lost"...what CRAP !!
    We have guns yet because we have guns yet...and there are STILL enough men out here to take this country back...and PZZ on the NRA crap.

I will also ask the question;

WHAT DOES "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" mean in YOUR world ?
    edited November -1

Well, IF you belive what you said, WHAT THE HELL are you supporting the NRA for then? Are you insane?
    edited November -1

Can't get a detailed answer out of you, huh? Well, let's make it simple;

There are over 20,000 firearms laws on the books, and I believe them to be unconstitutional. 4473, 'permission' for CCW, tax stamps, AWB, FFL tansfers, and on and on.

Carry how, when, where, and in any manner you wish. Buy, sell, trade with no signatures, forms, or phones calls; only handshakes.

The 2nd is not about defending oneself against carjackers, shooting .5 groups at 100, harvesting deer or ducks, or being a 'sportsman'.

It is about preserving liberty while ensuring the demise of tyranny and those who practice it. Period.

Now, is this what you believe with regard to the 2nd Amendment?
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the request was to get all pro gun groups to work together, not to join the NRA. If you misunderstood that point, well excuse me. And after reading this you probably still don't get the point. Yes I know what shall not be infringed means.

Well then how can a group(NRA)that supports infringement work with a group(s) that support the 2nd [?]
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I admire your attitude and your attempt to at least do something. But for reasons I do not totally understand, we gun owners seem to like to either hate our fellow gun owners who don't agree EXACTLY as we think about gun rights; or we sit on our butt, keep our money in our pocket or spend it on nothing but ourselves and don't even offer any time to ANY of the pro-gun rights organizations that are fighting the political battle to try and save our gun rights.

Guys I work with who own guns and greatly enjoy their right to own guns are too lazy, cheap and argumentative to combine their political and citizenship power to fight against those who would take away our gun and other constitutional rights. It might be that people get (or don't get as the case may be) what their own actions make them deserve. If we gun people could join forces (even 1/3 of the 84 million gun owners in America) we could run this country like we owned it.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    tr, you are already wasting oxygen, do you have to waste bandwidth too?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    brier-49,
    No need for me to echo what others have said. (which I do agree with) They said it well. Although I would add this, using your example, the GOA.

H. L. Richardson was a board member of the NRA for 10 years. He obviously disagreed with the path the NRA was on, since he separated himself from the NRA, went out on his own to be the founder the GOA. A REAL PRO-gun organization.

Now you ask that his organization throw aside his beliefs, and join forces with an organization that he could NOT come to terms with in the past? It is not like the NRA has changed it's ways. If anything, they have gotten worse, when it comes to what they support.

As recently as this year, the NRA SUPPORTED the Veterans Disarmament Act. A bill that was OPPOSED by EVERY OTHER PRO-GUN ORGANIZATION. MANY veterans who had previously turned a blind eye to what the NRA was doing, had a HARD AWAKENING because this bill hit so close to home.

All over the internet, you could read about members writing to the NRA, asking WHY they supported this bill, when SO MANY vets and non vets alike, venomously opposed it. Anyway, with the NRA's SUPPORT, it was passed.

Other REAL PRO-gun organizations were started by people who where at the top of the NRA hierarchy, at one time or another. Should they now, ALL compromise their integrity?
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Merry Christmas to all. Peace amongst us all here would be a true Christmas gift.
    edited November -1
    originally posted by slumlord44:

Merry Christmas to all. Peace amongst us all here would be a true Christmas gift.

Yeah, and so would integrity.
    edited November -1
    quote:Yeah, and so would integrity.

And strongly held principals along with the danglers to stand up for them, regardless of the 'conventional wisdom'.