In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun Ban:

Ilove2collectguns2Ilove2collectguns2 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
As You Gun Lovers & Collectors should know that the gun Ban Is Over. Thank God. So how does everyone feel about whats going to happen now or leaning toward? I personally think some of the ban guns should be available with restrictions(of Coarse). Also the prices on guns and ammo needs to go down. Thanks to the ban, the prices are too high.

Comments

• paulbyrdpaulbyrd Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree on the prices of guns and ammo, they need to go down a tremendous ammount. I think all of the ban guns should be available with restrictions as well as you do. I' not saying that anyone should be able to own one of these, but for the people who collect, shooting for fun, etc. should be able to do as they will as long as they obide by the laws. I'm saying my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed everyday that John Kerry does NOT make it into office. If he does I can see this world coming to an end. All these anti-gun people think the world is bad now, let him get in office and start taking guns from people then they will see what bad really is! About a month or so ago a police officer in Indiana was shot and killed with an assault rifle. They showed on the news people of Indiana going to a site where they could turn in their weapons if so desired, does anyone find this bothersome?

quote:Originally posted by Ilove2collectguns2

As You Gun Lovers & Collectors should know that the gun Ban Is Over. Thank God. So how does everyone feel about whats going to happen now or leaning toward? I personally think some of the ban guns should be available with restrictions(of Coarse). Also the prices on guns and ammo needs to go down. Thanks to the ban, the prices are too high.

Paul Byrd
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:If he does I can see this world coming to an end.
    Did the world come to an end for the founders ?

If you can GUARANTEE me Kerry will ban guns...I will go on the campaign trail for him.
    The soft tyranny we live in today is repugnant to me..and every right thinking American....
  • Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ilove2collectguns2

I personally think some of the ban guns should be available with restrictions(of Coarse).

How about ALL of them with NO restrictions. Cash and carry. You cannot fight our battle from middle ground. The two extremes define the middle. If you want "common sense" gun laws, then you should approach it in a NO COMPROMISE fashion. Just like haggling: seller wants $15, you offer $5, then you both settle on $10. If you offer the "reasonable" $10 first, you will end up at $12 or $13. It's pretty simple math. They say ban all guns, you say hand them out at high school graduations and the two sides settle on regulated ownership.

Liberal compassion inhibits progress.........think Republican and prosper!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ilove2collectguns2,
    Specifically which restrictions? Care to enlighten us?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Hunter375 Posted - 09/30/2004 : 01:53:33 AM
    quote:How about ALL of them with NO restrictions
    This part I can agree with..totally.
    quote:The two extremes define the middle.
    The middle is the Constitution..by obeying that document,most of the problems go away...
    quote:If you want "common sense" gun laws, then you should approach it in a NO COMPROMISE fashion. Just like haggling: seller wants $15, you offer $5, then you both settle on $10. If you offer the "reasonable" $10 first, you will end up at $12 or $13. It's pretty simple math. They say ban all guns, you say hand them out at high school graduations and the two sides settle on regulated ownership.

The very thing the Founders worried about...Regulated ownership.No piece of dogsnot in a suit has the right to tell citizens what they may own in a firearm...One may regulate injurious behaviour..but not tools..