In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

california gun database update !!!

65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
This post is to inform all redidents of california to the injustice in the state gun database. I recently placed a call to the attorney generals, depertment of justice office and told them I am aware that you keep all the registration papers of gun purchases. I inquried further to the point of asking them why do you keep the pepers and or records of gun purchases throughout the state; I thought after a certian time you are reqiured to destroy them. Thier response was yes but we want to know where all the guns are at all times. I then hung up the phone not wanting to talk to that a@#ho&e anymore.

Comments

• Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    They aren't required to destroy them after any particular period of time. Handguns are registered through the DROS system at time of sale. Rifles and shotguns are not.
  • Options
    nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow! I thought the HAD to be destroyed! [:0] This sucks! Does't the law say the records must be destroyed?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do not know the exact length of time, but to the best of my knowledge I do think they have to destroy them after a certian lenght. As for rifles and shotguns it says on the dealer record of sale exactly what you purchased. I do not think this is a registration meathod but if you ever bought a firearm in ca they would know about it (meanies).

On a side note if they know you have one or more guns at the time of purchase of the third they make you wait anyways. Go figure.[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do not know the exact length of time, but to the best of my knowledge I do think they have to destroy them after a certian lenght. As for rifles and shotguns it says on the dealer record of sale exactly what you purchased. I do not think this is a registration meathod but if you ever bought a firearm in ca they would know about it (ba**ards).

On a side note if they know you have one or more guns at the time of purchase of the third they make you wait anyways. Go figure.[:(!]
  • Options
    gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was under the impression that those records were to be destroyed once the waiting period was completed and the owner had taken posession of the handgun. The state is not allowed to keep such records.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
  • Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gonzo1510
    I was under the impression that those records were to be destroyed once the waiting period was completed and the owner had taken posession of the handgun. The state is not allowed to keep such records.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

There is no such law. You may be thinking of the records of the NICS checks by the FBI. Those are required to be destroyed after a short period of time. A lot of states maintain registration records.
  • Options
    gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EOD Guy
    quote:Originally posted by gonzo1510

There is no such law. You may be thinking of the records of the NICS checks by the FBI. Those are required to be destroyed after a short period of time. A lot of states maintain registration records.

No, I think I am right. There was a lawsuit out here in Ca over that. I will check up on that, but I think I am correct.