In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cook county?

Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
I moved here when i got out of the army and im having problems finding the gun laws. i own a SIG P220 and i am interested in a SIG 556, mosberg 500, and or M1a or m4, where are the laws so i can see if i can own any of these. also im looking at a barrett .50 bmg and a Sako trg 42 .338 lupa.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    If you are talking about cook county, Illinois, you better not look at the weapons you mentioned.

Cook County is a gun free zone. You better move if you treasure you RTKABA.
  • Old IronsightsOld Ironsights Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why oh why would anyone move to Crook County, Empire of Daley, Fifedom Of Stroger the Younger? [}:)]

Move again. It's cheaper than the Graft you would need to buy the influence necessary to get the permission to own a gun there...

Unless your name is Guido and/or you are in the PD or related to an Alderman... [xx(]
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a resident of Southern Illinois I can attest to the fact that Cook County is the worst county in a lousy state for gun owners. If I were you I would find an FFL dealer or a C&R collector liscense holder. They should have a copy of the BATF state laws. This book has a section devoted to Cook county laws. This will be of help. I do know that Illinois has been trying to outlaw the .50 cal rifle for years and the push is on again.
  • MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad to hear of a place in the country that actually makes New Jersey look like a gun owner's paradise...
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do believe it's actually pronouced as "CROOK COUNTY"....
  • Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    I found out that any rifle that has a letter in its name is concidered a assult weapon.