In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

upcoming ban for .50 BMG

brechtbrecht Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
Hello I've heard tha there will be a nationwide ban on 50 BMG guns in 7 months. do you guys know anithing about it?

in a world full of compromise some don't

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In LA, they already are banned. As for national legislation, haven't seen anything about it. Be back later after I check it out for myself...

Death to Tyrants!!! Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's a bill in Congress to ban them from private possession.

Look up 'assault weapon update' post in general discussion to see the bill number and wording of the bill.

Will definitely be an issue with the upcoming presidential race and GW will have it passed to make himself look good to the voters.

20-redcoats-firing.gif
    American's Right to bear arm's is the only reason we're here today.
  • brechtbrecht Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks a lot. I'M thinking og getting one and I just don"t want to buy one to turn it back in a few months later.

in a world full of compromise some don't
  • spectre7spectre7 Member Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even if they are banned; seems unlikely they'll go collect them. They'll probably grandfather all the currently owned ones in, and just make it illegal to sell them. They're in no rush to stip out rights, as long as they get them in the long run.

Typos and profanity, oh my! http://www.funky-town.org