In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Brits teaching emergency first aid

Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seems that the British Red Cross is teaching emergency first aid to all citizens of Manchester, England that want to take the course. Apparently the ever tightening restrictions on gun ownership there have emboldened the criminal element and shootings in this English city are at an all time high. Wonder when the citizens of England are going to wake up, shake the tea leaves out of their eyes and demand that they be able to defend themselves with firearms of their own?

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems a little backwards to me.
    Defend yourself and you would not need the first aid.
    Glad I don't live there.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • 527nrhpd527nrhpd Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the first half of this year, I had a very intelligent British exchange student living in my home. She was 17 and had no concept of firearms or what they could do for / to you when she came to my house. Hopefully, after living with us for that time, and seeing how guns are not "evil," we will have changed at least her mind. I know for a fact that per capita, her town has had far more gun crime than mine, and that's scary, since I live in Texas, where every house has at least 1 gun.

CG
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess the old song about tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth applies. Neighbor of mine hosted an exchange student from England a couple of years ago, and we took him shooting and hunting.

The kid had a ball, got a deer, shot some doves and a couple of ducks, and said that he hated to go back to a place with such an arcane view of what firearms are all about.

Hopefully one day that kid will be prime minister of England and change a bunch of the stupid laws they have.

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow you guys met the same kid ?
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know if it was the same kid, but rather doubt it. Since 527nrhpd's exchange student was FEMALE. The one I hunted with was male. But strange things happen! [:D]

John