In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Do nothing Gun Rights groups ?

pagunpartspagunparts Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
Anyone have any "local" and/or "state-level" gun rights group(s) that appears to do nothing ( BUT ASK FOR DONATIONS !! ) to help protect our 2nd Amendment ??

When asked about the current state of affairs they can't provide any details beyond what I've already read in the NRA's "AR/AH" magazines. They have no up-to-date info to pass on and they don't seem to really know much about any pending local legislations.

They just want me to make a donation - TO PROTECT OUR GUN RIGHTS !!

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I frankly wonder about the national 2nd Amendment Foundation. The only thing I read about them is what they send me in the mail asking for money. Nothing in the newspaper or tv about that group, although I think I remember once or twice readidng a small article about them in the local newspaper. Anybody know anything about them?

We also have two local groups, the Sportsman Alliance and the Kansas Rifle Assn. I e-mailed both groups and asked what they are doing for gun rights as I had 3 possible new members for them if they were active. Never even got a reply.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Friends, I am much more concerned about gun OWNERS who do nothing. There's tons of 'em right here at GB.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    sad but true jp........
    edited November -1
    I have always wondered about what happened when I first got active on this board a year of so ago. I will admit I may have easily been seen as rude or careless with my comments. I got tired of reading all the differnt posts about any subject you could possibley imagine while the idea of fighting for our gun and other constitituional rights kind of got forgotton about. So I finally started speaking out, and of course if you want to be heard in a crowd you try and speak out as "loudly" as you can. An so I started questioning what the gunowner here on GB.com were doing to try and save their gun rights, since after all this is a gun oriented site.

Now here is the part that will always puzzle me. Each time I posted a critical comment I tried (and hope succeeded) to emphazie that I WAS NOT addressing those people who were actually doing something for gun rights. So one would think that the only people I would have made mad was the people who really WERE NOT doing anything to help and became angry about having someone try and get them to face that fact. I also mentioned how the majority on the general discussion forum never took any time to read or reply to the Gunrights forum. Anyway, my intentions were honest and I tried to accomplish some good, at least I thought I was. But I caught the worst kind of hell from almost everyone here that I have not seem repeated against anyone else. I think many people here still have a grudge against me for trying to question the situtaion that I was seeing. So I still wonder, if most of the members here are doing as much as they say for gunrights, why did so many people get furious at me for try to encourage only the slackers to do something? I was prepared for the slackers to get mad at me, but I wasn't prepared for the whole damn board to get mad at me.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
    edited November -1
    trfox, You can't take it to heart brother.....If it were not for you,ronnie gunphreak and a couple others I would not be here now.I guess that I have offended some also as there are a few that just ignore me and anything that I have to say.I figure it this way,When our forefathers were talking of throwing English Rule into the bay ,they were by and large,the Minority.The others were either aligned with England or scared or to docile to do anything.That minority slowly and steadily gathered momentum.....and the rest is History.
    We,the Few have for so long,been doing so much with so little,for so long,that now we feel we can do just about ANYTHING with nothing....
    Don't remember who said that but you get the idea,it will be the FEW,that light the fire,that work steadily ,that make the gains,or not,for the many.Expect NO thanks,No encouragement from the sheeple..Just KNOW for sure that we,THE FEW are there with you......L.H.
    edited November -1
    good point longhunter. I am still working on that letter. don't give up on me or it.

edited November -1
    trfox,Won't happen ...[:D]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pagunparts,
    Yes I have noticed that with some groups.
    I stick with the ones I DO hear are trying to help.

tr fox,
    I remember when you first arrived on the forum.
    You stirred up quite a hornets nest.
    I liked it.
    I do admit that you were being a bit "LOUD" about it. LOL

Yup, the apathetic here on the forum, as well as the ones that actually DO something, gave you all kinds of grief. And as you said, I do think that some will "forever" hold a grudge against you. Shows their immaturity. Oh well.

I do believe that you got some of them to at least "think" about what they have contributed to the cause.

As you know, I hold a grudge FOREVER too. "Notice the clowns" [;)] >>>[:o)] [:o)] [:o)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    pagunparts, I am sorry for hijacking this thread, I started another one immediately, but it was too late, so, I will get this one back on track by contributing to the subject at hand, and that's do nothing gunrights groups.
    Sorry TR, but this subject, to my personal knowledge, only applies to the NRA [8D]
    As to my other knowledge of gunrights groups, I am very fortunate here in Colorado to have Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. They are very hard working, and effective. They work together with GOA as somewhat of a professional courtesy to one another.
    edited November -1
    pickenup: thanks for that feedback on how I appeared to the board members when I came in "Loud & Proud" (he he, I've always wanted to use that phrase in connection to me). I guess my ideals were right, my approach was wrong, and the final outcome was little or no progress. At one point in that firestorm I begin to think that all the members were part of one big family and if you criticize one member, even a justified criticizim, you get jumped on by all the other family members. Even the ones who have no reason to get mad. But you got to give me credit, I hung there and took and gave (I hope) abuse for quite awhile.