In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Visitor from the Past..

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
This seems a good place to reflect a bit...

A VISITOR FROM THE PAST..

by Thelen Paulk

I had a dream the other night I didn't understand.

A figure walking through the mist with a flintlock in his hand. His clothes were torn and dirty, as he stood there by my bed. He took off his three cornered hat and speaking low, he said:

"We fought a revolution, to secure our liberty. We wrote the Constitution, as a shield from tyranny. For future generations, this legacy we gave, in this, the land of the free and the home of the brave. You buy permits to travel, and permits to own a gun. Permits to start a business, or to build a place for one. On land that you believe you own, you pay a yearly rent. Although you have no voice in choosing, how the money's spent."

"Your children must attend a school that doesn't educate. Your Christian values can't be taught, according to the state. You read about the current news in a regulated press. You pay a tax you do not owe, to please the foreign I.R.S. Your money is no longer made of silver, or of gold. You trade your wealth for paper, so your lives can be controlled."

"You pay for crimes that make our Nation turn from God in shame. You've taken Satan's number, as you've traded in your name. You've given government control, to those who do you harm."

"So they can padlock churches, and steal the family farm. And keep our country deep in debt, put men of God in jail. Harass your fellow countrymen, while corrupted courts prevail. Your public servants don't uphold the solemn oath they've sworn. They defy and rape the nation, and leave it's fabric tattered and torn."

"Your leaders ship artillery and guns to foreign shores. And send your sons to slaughter, fighting other people's wars. Can you regain the freedom for which we fought and died?"

"Or don't you have the courage, or the faith to stand with pride? Are there no more values for which you'll fight to save? Or do you wish your children to live in fear as a slave?"

"People of the Republic arise and take a stand! Defend the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land! Preserve our Great Republic, and God Given Right! And pray to God, to keep the torch of Freedom burning bright!"

As I awoke he vanished, in the mist from whence he came. His words were true, we are not Free, we have ourselves to blame. For even now as tyrants trample each God Given Right, we only watch and tremble, too afraid to stand and fight.

If he stood by your bedside, in a dream, while you're asleep, and wonders what remains of our Rights he fought so hard to keep, What would be your answer, if he called out from the grave;

IS THIS STILL THE LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE?

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have to tell him that while this is the best place there is, on this planet, sadly I would say
    "NO, this is NOT still the land of the free and home of the brave."

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • ArmaliteA4ArmaliteA4 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said........
    That should make a person reflect and think about what we have and how to retreve what we lost.
    Thanks[^]
  • juddroyjuddroy Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball,I just hope and pray, that when and if the day
    ever comes that we have to either lay down our arms or fight
    to the death, that we will think about what being free really
    means. I myself am prepared to die free.I don't say that loosely.
    The freedom we have left is to belong to our children,and I can't
    think of why they don't deserve as much or more freedom than we
    have had.

Teach them young ! Teach them often !
    God bless America!
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    good post Highball. Thanks

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    4 responses.........how sad.....I've a copy at home brothers and have been working on putting it on something..a t- shirt maybe....I just finished the minute man figure that is to be the background......sigh,but it appears no one will want them...discouraging....The American people I fear are going to get just what they deserve....God help us.....
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    How true, how true [V]

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I would sooner have 5 good riflemen at my side then 500 "wanna-be pretend Americans.."

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
    edited November -1
    Thanks for that Highball.......Tis true..
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Hey guys, how about a letter to Sen. Edward Kennedy designed to humilate him into shutting the f*ck UP! Something like this:

Dear Senator Kennedy,

As a group we are proposing one of two different suggestions to congress and to President Bush.

The first suggestion is for both parties to publically call a "truce" on the endless efforts to pass more and more overly restrictive anti-gun owner laws. Let everyone finally recoginze reality and declare that there are more than enough gun laws already. Way too much time and effort is expended by congress to, on the one side, try and pass more such laws; and on the other side to try and prevent such laws. All parties could better spend their time finding some way to reduce the national debt, save Social Security, fight terrorism, etc. And as a bonus, the pro-gun owner groups could redirect their time, money and energy to working for more and better gun ranges, etc. It would be a win-win all the way around.

The other idea we might want to lobby for would be to have the U.S. Goverment erect a monument on Chapiquickit (SP?) island to commemorate a tragic, but history altering event, that happened there in the 1960's.

Since you are a longtime and influential member of congress, we are asking which of our two ideas you would be willing to support.

Respectfully,

The Common, Average, Lowly Citizens upon who's back you ride.
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to know more, you might try reading G. Gordon Liddy's book, "This was a free country when I was a kid."

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not shooting at me!
    edited November -1
    Well thanks for that,thats one book I've not read.........L.H.
  • twototootwototoo Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by twototoo
    [8D]

How ya doin Max?

[;)]
  • freedomfighterfreedomfighter Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

A VISITOR FROM THE PAST..

by Thelen Paulk

I had a dream the other night I didn't understand.

Excellent! I ran across that in 1989. Loved it then, still do, and used it in 1999 to make the "HARDSELL" branch of an online maze, "THE DECLARATOR".

Here is the second page from the index.

http://algoxy.com/dec/hard.html

There is only one outdoor, but a number of exits.
  • twototootwototoo Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    quote:Originally posted by twototoo
    [8D]

How ya doin Max?

[;)]
    [?]