In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

You have 2 guns to choose, which ones??

ArmaliteA4ArmaliteA4 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
Just a poll of sorts,

You have 2 guns to choose from any caliber,scoped or not,auto,semi,bolt or single shot,Pistol, rifle or shotgun whatever.

Those guns would be the 2 guns you could have to provide protection,food etc. for you and your family.

Comments

• fivonutfivonut Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I only currently own two guns it would seem my choice has been made. I own one scoped rifle chambered in .300 WSM. This obviously would be for hunting purposes. I know it's a lil on the big side for white tail, But I dream of someday hunting bigger prey. My, second is a Desert Eagle mark XIX chambered in .50ae. Two words, protection/intimidation. However, it's a beast to shoot so I can only hope that the intimidation factor can do the job 9 times out of 10. I've been looking at a scoped Smith & Wesson at my local dealer in 44mag that might be a more plausable choice for protection though.
  • juddroyjuddroy Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shotgun/ar-15 .223

Teach them young ! Teach them often !
    God bless America!
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shotgun- 12 gauge pump/ with rifled barel& scope!
    And maybe a .22 cal handgun. (experts say those would hurt the most being shot)
  • ChadyckChadyck Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    because you didn't give any parameters at all for the question i'm going to say a .22 rifle and a .22 pistol. of all my guns, i get the most use out of my buckmark and my 10/22. cheap to shoot, accurate, share ammunition, reliable and well made. you can hunt small game with a .22 rifle, and they are easy to teach new shooters on. if i could add another it'd probably be a basic 12 gauge pump action shotgun, most likely a remington 870.
  • ArmaliteA4ArmaliteA4 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did not want to give any "what if" situations to guide your choices.I figure we can see the applications each person chooses by the choices made.I am just curious as to what the 2 guns anybody would pick if they could only pick 2 for whatever uses or situation.Thanks for the replies
  • ozwynozwyn Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would consider a .357 magnum revolver and lever action rifle.

Not very fancy but a solid performer for defense or light hunting and sharing one type of ammo between them is a good idea.

If you like something a little bigger i would consider the same combo in .44 mag and use .44 special as a defense load.
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My custom 25-06 Mauser and my 1911.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not shooting at me!
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The old Beretta 12 gauge O/U, 'cause I love it so. And the old M1 Garand, 'cause it shoots so good.[8D]

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For hunting, a 12 ga. Shotgun with different stocks and barrels. Will take down most anything on this continent, from birds (with shot) to Elk (with slugs) along with changing to a short enough stock and barrel, is concealable.

For defense, I don't mess around.

GE%20Minigun%20replica%20rightside%20full%20view.JPG

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats an easy one, a remington 870 express in 12 gauge 26 inch VR barrel and a stainless ruger 77 in 308 winchester toped with a 3x9
    Luie done deal[;)]

use_deer.jpg96EB.jpg
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pickenup, I love your home defense weapon. Is that a GE Gatling gun firing 120 Rounds per second? If only I could legally own one... I will probably register a submachine gun eventually, though.
    edited November -1
    Pickenup, I love your home defense weapon. Is that a GE Gatling gun firing 120 Rounds per second? If only I could legally own one... I will probably register a submachine gun eventually, though.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Oh. As for my 2 guns... I'd love an MP5K-PDW full auto, and at least a Walther PPK. However, I'd never give up any of the guns I've got.
  • hksrulehksrule Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For basic survival, I would have to choose a knights .308 M16 style rifle for the hunting along with a HK Mark 23 pistol to handle the close encounters. Both are currently used by our military as offensive weapons. One would only hope that they could do the trick

WordBorn!!
    edited November -1
    I guess I should post mine since I started it...

I would choose either my Remington PSS .308(it shoots 15/16 at 200 yrds) or H&K 91(shoots .676 at 100 yrds) that would depend on why needed to choose at that time.After I chose 1 of those I would have to grab my H&K usp .45.
    You never have to question the stopping power of a .45[;)]
  • Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    does a T/C encore with a bunch of barrels count as 1 gun? [;)]
    edited November -1
    Nothing like being versatile jake...HAhahaAHa
  • LeveractionLeveraction Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    243 lever action and a 12 guage
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A big one - for power
    A little one - more shots per pound

"meet me in Margaritaville"
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Probably my 6mm Rem721 and my Glock21. Could also go "ghetto-style" and opt for the AK and the MAC-11[;)]

BillCat.gif

AACKKKK!!!ACK!!THPPPPTT!!!
  • Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    870 with 18" cyl barrel, rifled slug barrel, and bout 26" barrel, and a 6in 686 smith. man thats tough
  • btkbtk Member Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one in my right hand and the one in the other holster on my belt. No seriously a Glock 23 and a bolt .270.
    edited November -1
    I started this just to check the pulse here in gun rights.. I am somewhat surprised to see that the vast majority of posts here are in fact NOT military type weapons. Hell,I thought all gun nuts had an arsenal of illegally modified assault weapons laying around. That what the news has implied anyway...lol,Glad to see there will be some very dependable items out there if need be. Also, it would seem we here in the gr section tend to stay with the accuracy more than firepower...that is a little surprising to me I must say.But comforting[;)]

Thanks for all the posts
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ArmaliteA4,
    Just to let you know. Posting the pic of the mini-gun was done on a lark. I always do that when anyone asks the kind of question you did. "limiting people to a certain number of guns" You will find that most people are level headed and will use "practical" guns for survival.

Oh, by the way, the second one would probably be a 45. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    pickenup,

nice choice[;)]
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    My 10mm and my 5.56

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • robbie_light_04robbie_light_04 Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would choose a Beretta model 92 96 in 9mm. My other choice would be a model 94 Winchester rifle in .30-06

"Stand at 25 meters and put 2 rounds into the same hole. That's my definition of gun control." Jesse Ventura
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take a Mossburg 500 combo with a scoped cantilivered rifled barrel, and a smooth barrel with front bead sight.

For personal protection, I'd go with the Glock 26.

Honorable mention, a scoped Browning Eclipse Hunter in 30-06.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    10mm hand gun and a 12ga shot gun. [8D]

Greg
    Former USMC
    A N G L I C O
  • clas73clas73 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My only two would have to be the H&K USP 45 and a Ruger Mini-14 ranch rifle, scoped 3-9 x40 [:D]
  • poisonedpoisoned Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HK OICW and a of course the HK USP .45 Custom Sport.

http://www.hkpro.com/contents.htm
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by ArmaliteA4
    Just a poll of sorts,

Those guns would be the 2 guns you could have to provide protection,food etc. for you and your family.
    A .22 single shot carbine and a single shot bolt action .308 scoped carbine.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .44 Magnum Automag, and a semi-auto 12gauge.
    edited November -1
    Lots of 12 gauges so far.....That surprises me some, but it is very interesting Pistol choices are as expected so far..[^]
    edited November -1
    Thought it might be fun to explain my reasons and get some feedback from youall.

.22 single shot bolt action carbine. Small, light, very, very few parts to break or lose. Can carry thousands of rounds of ammo without a tremendous effort. Can be used as a deterrent or to kill small game and dangerous critters. Can be used for longer range than even a centerfire pistol.

.308 single shot bolt action with scope. Excellent stopping power for anything that moves in North America. Also simple with few parts to break or lose. Can be used close or long range. If the SHTF there is unlikely to be dependable medical care so I for sure don't want to risk injury for me or my family. Therefore I want a long range deterent. I for sure don't want to be the one to take a pistol to a pistol and rifle gun fight.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An M4 with a carry handle, collapsible stock, a silencer, laser, flashlight, and night vision scope for my rifle, and a Glock 22 with select fire option, a detachable folding stock, threaded barrel and a silencer, and a whole bunch of 30 round mags for both.

No one ever said anything about the likelihood of getting these weapons, so go large!!

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    edited November -1
    Fox,

I agree with your choices personally.. I have several .308 rifles that all shoot under and 1 moa. One thing for sure, you can carry a helluva lot more .22 rimfire than most rifle cartriges.[:D]
    edited November -1
    oh yeah!

• rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have to go with a scoped .22LR/20-gauge Savage combo gun, followed by a .22 revolver. Lots of versatility and never a search for affordable ammo.