In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Moving to NM Laws?

para3505para3505 Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
I am moving to New Mexico. What are the laws in regards to taking my guns with me? If Any. Can I pack them up and drive them over there? Do I need to register them in NM. In AZ you don't need to register guns.

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    This is America. You don't need to register your guns anywhere. Your ownership of them is a gift from God, not men.
  • para3505para3505 Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK thanks. Good info. very informative.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Para ;
    This is not a legal site. Unless someone actually lives there, none of us will possess the information you require.

Melkor is a mental case that hangs out hereabouts now and again ;

Jpwolf merely pointed to the Constitution, contrasting the reality of a police state/tyranny versus the original intent of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
    My personal experience driving weapons across country has always been a pucker factor.
    You just never know when you meet 'Bubba LEO'..the guy with more belly and badge then sense.
    I suggest you use the internet and research the laws of NM, perhaps from the website of NM.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Para- link for you: http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/NMSL.pdf

to others- don't be an *. Man was asking for guidance.
    edited November -1
    Highball & 11b6r,

Thanks. I checked some government sites and didn't find anything on relocating and how to move guns other than to NY. I thought I would post here in case I missed something. I also contacted a FFL in NM.

I have to disagree with you discribing the others as *. The other's would be better described as Assclowns. See definition http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=*
    edited November -1
    The dumbest question is the question not asked that can get you thrown in jail.
    The dumbest answer is one offering no help, misdirection, and specious
    twaddle.
    I present melkor as evidence.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    No worse question than a dumb question [:o)]

I guess the part about "If Any" required more than "there are no laws against taking them with you". quote:What are the laws in regards to taking my guns with me? If Any

oooh aaaahh you must be some kind of computer expert larger font and bold! Oops must have hurt someones feelings with my response to sarcasm.
    edited November -1
    Para ;
    Stick around the forum..I like your style.

We are a hard-nosed bunch around here, but most are solid, decent Americans.
    The melkors that hang around are worth an occasional kick or two, or a cuff up the side of the head, time to time..but they do NOT represent THIS forum, at least.
    Cannot say much about GD, or Political, however...
    You will find a hardline stance on the Second Amendment,hereabouts...with the realization that we live under tyranny, and for awhile, we MUST live under the bootheel of oppressors.
  • duke_fordduke_ford Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've lived in NM since 1990. Firearms registration is not required.

Duke
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I didn't think so. But I didn't know if there might be concerns with Loading the guns in a uhaul and transporting them.

quote:Originally posted by duke_ford

Duke
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by para3505
    Thanks, I didn't think so. But I didn't know if there might be concerns with Loading the guns in a uhaul and transporting them.

quote:Originally posted by duke_ford

Duke

Solid proof of tyranny.

You shouldn't have to even think about it.