In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I Have To Start Posting On This Forum....

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
since you guys are right.

I had NO idea that there were that many pro-gun control types on GD.

Well, eyes are open now.

Unreal.

I think you all know where I stand.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:I think you all know where I stand.
    I do, indeed.

Brother Loaf.[:)]
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf

Well, eyes are open now.

Unreal.

Never had a doubt, Brother.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Glad to see you Loaf.

Most times we don't pay attention to the "little" things people say. Then those little things all the sudden become a huge billboard.

Welcome to reality, brother Loaf. [:)]
    edited November -1
    Thank you all.

I see our "dicussions" over on GD went bye-bye.

Too bad.

Well, goodnight to all, and I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Brother Loaf[:)]
    edited November -1
    Thank you all.

Too bad.

Well, goodnight to all, and I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Brother Loaf[:)]

And a happy one to you and yours, Brother.[:)][;)]
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm just here because I enjoy kicking trfox [:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    I'm just here because I enjoy kicking trfox [:)]
    But it is such a sloth-like, fat, slow-moving target. How can a man get enjoyment out of such a hunt?[:D][:D]

Kinda like shooting a deer that is tied to a tree and calling it a successful hunt.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    But it is such a sloth-like, fat, slow-moving target. How can a man get enjoyment out of such a hunt?[:D][:D]

Call me sadistic, but I can't help running up the score whenever I get a chance
    edited November -1

Understood and I am guilty as hell also.[:)]
    edited November -1
    Thank you all.

Yeah....

It seems to be a regular occurrence now when the topic involves the Constitution.[V]
    edited November -1

Somebody say something?????

three-toed-sloth.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

three-toed-sloth.jpg

trsloth!

That's hilarious!
    edited November -1

Somebody say something?????

three-toed-sloth.jpg
    [:D][:D][:)]
    edited November -1

three-toed-sloth.jpg

trsloth!

That's hilarious!
    A new moniker is born this night.[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    I couldn't resist.[:D]

I've got too much time on my hands.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Gun control blows...... unless you are the one controlling the gun!!![8D]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1

three-toed-sloth.jpg

trsloth!

That's hilarious!
    A new moniker is born this night.[:D][:D][:D]

And that it is men!![:D][:D][:D]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Truly sad isn't it? I have never understood an anti-gun gun owner.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    PB ;
    Welcome ;
    Shocking when one discovers that the person you thought `had your back' turns out to be just another deviant with a hunger for backsides.ehhh ?
    SUCH a `twist'.'got your back' means different things to different people...and THEIR definition is repugnant to decent folks.

When these men hereabouts speak of `brotherhood'.it means something deeper then mere `blood'. They are dipping into the `Warrior Stream' that flows endlessly thru time and space.and are connecting to that spirit DEMANDED in men by a higher power designed to give men maximum freedom of choice over their own lives.
    That spirit reached its apex with the Founders...and has been in a steady decline every since.

We few are truly the few, the proud, the army of one...ready to come together when conditions become intolerable...as they surely will.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have felt for quite some time that PBJ is a 'good, intelligent' man.

Glad that he has posted over here.
    Welcome![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    What I don't get is the mentality of a human that proclaims that filling out a form to ask for permission is somehow doesn't deny you any right. In other words, how do some people fail to distinguish between a right and a privilege, it's just mind-boggling, I think it falls in line with some mental disorders.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1

Well, eyes are open now.

Unreal.

Even if the yellow canary * here are 100% absolutely correct in their "totally no gun laws" position it would still make them and their position meaningless. Reason being that the gun banners can't reach their goal because they don't have enough power and now, thanks to the recent US Supreme Court decision on the second admendment, the gun banners are having more of an up-hill battle. But they will never stop trying.

By comparsion the pro-gun side can't win the gun rights war because there are not enough of us and only a few of us actually get out and try to fight for our gun rights. The rest of the gun owners either do nothing or jeer at those of us who do put out some effort.

So, bottom line, for either the gun banners or the pro-gun people to win this gun rights war, one group is going to have to enlist the help of that large majority of Americans who are in the middle and don't presently care one way or the other.

The problem is that people like the yellow canary * are going to make us lose that great crowd of the middle of the roaders by advertising that guns should be sold out of vending machines and ideas like that.

Kinda like if a city police chief announced his police were going to raid some inner city drug houses and kill every criminal they could find. Now some of us might like that position, but the majority of citizens would either be very much against it or at the very least mildly against it. So the police chief would soon be out of a job without his force having carried out the raid the chief had bragged about.

Simple logic and facts of how the world and people in it work. Time might teach that lesson to some here.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Simple logic and facts of how the world and people in it work. Time might teach that lesson to some here.

Perhaps you would care to go and review the JPFO chart of governments that passed gun control laws...and the subsequent mass murders of citizens.
    Perhaps the lesson might drive home to you what we are saying.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As misguided as you are in many ways, Mr. Loaf, you have your head on straight in many others.

You have made a strong step forward towards enlighten this fine day. I thank the blessed Katherine for guiding your hand, whether you know true source of that guidance or not.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    As misguided as you are in many ways, Mr. Loaf, you have your head on straight in many others.

You have made a strong step forward towards enlighten this fine day. I thank the blessed Katherine for guiding your hand, whether you know true source of that guidance or not.

Leave it to a Janewaynian to damn me with faint praise[:o)]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys, his name is "tr fox".
    Like him or not, let's leave his name alone.

Welcome to the forum PBJloaf. [:D]
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    i agree with pbjelly loaf...if the select-fires and trfox's are not called down, some of the youngsters on here may be swayed against theirselves before they ever know their rights...if that happens they will join in just walking with the other sheep[V]
    edited November -1
    For a right as controversial as guns rights, if you cannot stand on a street corner and preach your ideas to every passing citizen, without those citizens avoiding you like you are crazy, they your ideas don't have a chance in hell of ever being brought into existance.

Do a reality check. Stand on a street corner, shopping mall, college campus, etc. and preach that because of the second amendment, firearms, among other ways, should legally be allowed to be sold out of vending machines.

If and after you have presented your gun rights philosophy to the average Americans, then come back and tell me what kind of reaction you got.

Hell, even tell your philosophy to your relatives, co-workers, neighbors, etc. and, if you dare, come back and tell me what kind of reaction you got.

I need a good laugh.

Even if such extensive gun rights as selling them out of vending machines was constitution and even if it is a good idea, the majority of Americans will never, ever let it happen. Well, unless you overthrow the government and kill everyone who doesn't agree with you. I sometimes think that is what many here want.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    For a right as controversial as guns rights,

Controversial?! There is absolutely nothing controversial about it, and it's not "gun rights", it's MY rights.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a right as controversial as guns rights, if you cannot stand on a street corner and preach your ideas to every passing citizen, without those citizens avoiding you like you are crazy, they your ideas don't have a chance in hell of ever being brought into existance.

Do a reality check. Stand on a street corner, shopping mall, college campus, etc. and preach that because of the second amendment, firearms, among other ways, should legally be allowed to be sold out of vending machines.

If and after you have presented your gun rights philosophy to the average Americans, then come back and tell me what kind of reaction you got.

Hell, even tell your philosophy to your relatives, co-workers, neighbors, etc. and, if you dare, come back and tell me what kind of reaction you got.

I need a good laugh.

Even if such extensive gun rights as selling them out of vending machines was constitution and even if it is a good idea, the majority of Americans will never, ever let it happen. Well, unless you overthrow the government and kill everyone who doesn't agree with you. I sometimes think that is what many here want.

Your 'vending machine' example is simply not something that many can take seriously.

It is obtuse, and the dichotomy of a non-sequitor as well.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    quote:Do a reality check. Stand on a street corner, shopping mall, college campus, etc. and preach that because of the second amendment, firearms, among other ways, should legally be allowed to be sold out of vending machines.

If and after you have presented your gun rights philosophy to the average Americans, then come back and tell me what kind of reaction you got.Another false argument...

How about you and Wayne do the same, present your collectivist philosophy and preach 'non-adherence to the Constitution', 'acceptable gun-laws', 'compromise is good', 'government should protect us from the bad people' and other such claptrap.

Come tell me how many converts you get, okay?

Philosophy and issues of the proper role of government and of the Constitution, are not to be shouted from the street corner in an attempt to gain converts, for obvious reasons.

[img][/img]Three-ToedNRATRSloth.jpg

A picture of what may be described as your 'quickness of mind' specifically related to these discussions of individual liberty and a picture of your proud and continuing carrying of the 'banner of the faithful'.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

I need a good laugh.

Your 'vending machine' example is simply not something that many can take seriously.

It is obtuse, and the dichotomy of a non-sequitor as well.[xx(]

Of course it is something that most cannot take seriously. That is not breaking news. But if there were absolutely no gun laws, selling firearms out of vending machine would have to be seen as a legal way of selling guns. So mentioning that fact is just a quick, easy and legitimate way of underscoring how crazy it would be to have absolutely no gun laws.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

Controversial?! There is absolutely nothing controversial about it, and it's not "gun rights", it's MY rights.

You can offer such flawed protests all day long. But you do not live alone on some island. You live with over 300 million other Americans. Regardless of what the constitution says, while you attempt to obtain those constitutional rights you must have many (probably a majority) of Americans on your side. You will not get that by preaching you want absolutely no gun control laws and therefore support the idea of children, illegal aliens, convicted violent criminals being LEGALLY armed.
    edited November -1
    quote:Do a reality check. Stand on a street corner, shopping mall, college campus, etc. and preach that because of the second amendment, firearms, among other ways, should legally be allowed to be sold out of vending machines.

If and after you have presented your gun rights philosophy to the average Americans, then come back and tell me what kind of reaction you got.Another false argument...

How about you and Wayne do the same, present your collectivist philosophy and preach 'non-adherence to the Constitution', 'acceptable gun-laws', 'compromise is good', 'government should protect us from the bad people' and other such claptrap.

Come tell me how many converts you get, okay?

Philosophy and issues of the proper role of government and of the Constitution, are not to be shouted from the street corner in an attempt to gain converts, for obvious reasons.

[img][/img]Three-ToedNRATRSloth.jpg

A picture of what may be described as your 'quickness of mind' specifically related to these discussions of individual liberty and a picture of your proud and continuing carrying of the 'banner of the faithful'.

Many times some of the others (and maybe even you) have preached about how, to get your radical idea to work, you must educate and convert other Americans. I don't seem you doing any of that. All I see is you yellow canary * talking among your selves, jointly attacking people who disagree with you and trying to convert/educate a tiny number of people here on GB.com. You have been doing this for years and I don't see any large army of people you have converted.

In red above. There are no "obvious reasons" why your gun rights ideas cannot be shouted on street corners unless you are ashamed of doing that shouting
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

You can offer such flawed protests all day long.

So, let's see, what's flawed here? You do realize that YOU are the problem, not your views as some would argue, but YOU. As far as I am concerned, you are as much of an enemy as Schummers and Clintons and other human trash, if not worse.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I need a good laugh.

Controversial? Only to those that look to Government for protection. Sadly this does include the majority of Americans today, though does not need to be the case in the America of tomorrow.

If, Mr. Fox, we can empower the average American by instilling the Founders' notion of individual supremacy, we can enlighten them as to the promise of freedom. If, however, we continue to tell them that they must be protected by the state, the weak will continue to believe that there must be state protections in place.

One-on-one I have found that most people believe themselves to have power over their own lives. It disgusts me when people support the notion that they do not have that power and support anti-Constitutional laws that reinforce that notion.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    .....Regardless of what the constitution says, while you attempt to obtain those constitutional rights you must have many (probably a majority) of Americans on your side. You will not get that by preaching you want absolutely no gun control laws and therefore support the idea of children, illegal aliens, convicted violent criminals being LEGALLY armed.

(Sigh)

I grow weary in the attempt to educate simple minds on what should be a simple subject. The subject: Rights vs. privileges.
    Message to the TRfox's: you do not "obtain" a right, understand? (The founders already covered that ground for you) You claim it as your own, then exercise it constantly. Hopefully then, people who "see it", begin to understand what "it" is. Those who refuse, such as yourself, well... to hell with 'em. They likely will never be able to overcome their fear of the responsibility and risk, that goes along with a "right".

BTW fox, I was a child of 14, not that long ago (1984), when I purchased my very first firearm at a coast to coast hardware store over-the-counter, all by myself, no forms, no BGC, no hassle. Shocking! Still have it. As far as gun related memories go, it is second only to that first Christmas .22 bolt gun at 10 years of age.
    You're an old fart, how many did you purchase before becoming an "adult"? Now you would deny that experience? Hypocrite indeed.