In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

will AWB's death affect AR-15's + mini-14's in NY?

corn-nutcorn-nut Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
I have a post ban AR and a mini, am I now free to add that folding stock or threaded barrel? I've heard it varies in some states and I can't find concrete answers anywhere! Even more so in NY!!!

Comments

• mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think NY is a lost cause for any kind of firearm. If I am not mistaken even a Ruger 10/22 is off limits in NYC.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • corn-nutcorn-nut Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not talking about NYC though. With or without the ban, these firearms are legal in my area. With the AWB folding stocks and other add-ons were off limits on post-ban weapons. I'm just trying to find out how things will change. I know they're alot more tight on the AR-15's, but the mini-14 wasn't even on the NY state AWB list! It would fall under the old "pistol grip stock + folding butt = assault weapon" .
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The state has its own assault weapon ban, and its wording is the same as the 1994 AWB, minus the sunset clause. Sorry.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.