In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!1

carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
Last night while FIshing I received a call that an Officer was at my house and wanted to look at a couple weapons I own. The officer Identified him self from my local police dept. and that he was with "Operation Disarm". I have never heard of this and when I tried to contact him from the card he gave me he was unavailable.

Now I own an AK-47 that is semi-auto not fully. Is this a problem? I went to the Indianapolis Gun Show 2 weeks ago and the table were cover with assult rifles. Does anyone know what this could be about?

I am not a felon and have never had any problems with the law in the past. As you can assume I am a little on edge about the whole thing.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Can't be of much assistance.
    Semi-auto AK'S are legal in most of America..as of yet.You may have a local ordinance banning them.

My guess is that you said something at the gun show that was reported..and the shows are full of secret police,nowadays.Kinda like the bad old days of the KGB...Russia...

My best advice is...get a lawyer.Keep your mouth shut.Many people go to jail because they believe they have "Right"..to gun ownership,free speech..these types of quaint old fashoned ideas...
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's my advice... get all the guns off the premises RIGHT NOW. Preferably out of the city. Contact an attorney, and don't cooperate with the police, until you see a warrant. Do not answer any questions without an attorney present, and tell them when the attorney is present that you sold it.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One more thing. DO NOT CONTACT HIM. Have your attorney contact him, and then, be prepared to sue the city. The police should have no right to snoop through form 4473's without some sort of reason, and this is an infringement of your rights. Get me??? NOW GET GOING, SOLDIER!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • 65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not aware of the laws of your paticular Jurisdiction, however it clearly states in the constitution that you must have a warrant or probable cause to "search" for contraband/illegal items (illegal search and seziure as stated in the constitution). At least in my state the police or lawman can call a judge and his/her honor can issue an emergency warrant if it so calls for it when they they talk to you and try to take your stuff. I agree with user Highball that you probably said something (not knowing, or jokeing) that might give cause to this pre-emptive search. My personal recmmendation is to remove all firearms from your house and store it elsewhere without telling me or anyone else which includes your own wife and mother. Its not that you can not trust them but they might say something not knowing/realizing it and they will have someone to pin it on and they will most likely subponea them to testify aganist you.

With that said I read various gun magazines and never have they mentioned "Operation Disarm". It sounds to me like someone is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. If indeed had he been from some police agency the receptionist would have taken down a message, as most police departments do, and would not simply say that he is unavailable. I urge you to press-on (with an attorneys help of course)and see this nastyness to the bitter end no matter how long it takes.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    jack85. thanks for those informative links.

My guess is that either you innocently bought a guy that turns out to have a bad history or you sold a gun that was somehow used in a crime.

If the visitor was a fed, I don't think he would try to enforce any prohibited semi-automatic laws on you because it is my understand that with the sunset of Clinton's so-called "assault weaapaons ban" there are few national laws against semi-autos.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • 65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    user jack pointed out that this disarm program infact does exist and I visited the web site on link to conform; however I still encourage you to obatin an attorney and take the city/goverment for all thier worth.