In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS

kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
SWALLOW IT AND GET OVER IT.

When popular vote fails to persuade our "leaders" all is lost.

All is lost.

Get as many guns as you can buy all the ammo you can afford tell everyone you know!! It is coming!!

The people will not stand for much more. Your diplomatic procedures have shafted us for far too long! Get EVERY LAST ILLEGAL OUT OF HERE OR YOU SPIT ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE MEN WHO FOUGHT AND DIED TO CALL THIS PLACE OURS!

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, another one who can see the light of truth.
    Congrats.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will always have rights, my oppressors may merely inhibit my ability to exercise them.
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
  • jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to our side kyplumber!! Glad we have another that sees the light.[:)]
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being armed to the teeth seems very wise right now. But remember they have weapons that cam make you crap your pants from a thousand yards away! And that was way back in '89. My intent is not to scare, and knowledge of the Soul defeats fear of death. Think about what modern weapons the enemys of freedom may employ. So organization is key. When the English came to get the guns of the Arcadians right here in America some 500 years ago, most of them ended up huddled in Churchs waiting for the inevitable, it's amazing any of them are alive today, Most people now deny their existence or scoff at God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. These are the same who will cower in their homes tommorrow.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Maybe I'm just strange... but I don't see this as any call to arms, anymore than the election of Bubba was. There's too many safeguards in place.

Don't get me wrong, I believe 100% in arming yourself to the teeth. But, I'm also wise enough to know that if the military is coming after you, your chances of surviving the gun battle are slim -- you're outgunned and outmanned.

There would have to be, as there is in Iraq, a concerted effort by willing citizens to form a militia that is trainable, effective, and, most importantly, credible. If someone is going to play Weekend Warrior in the woods and pretend that they've got a militia going, those Weekend Warriors are going to look like fools and not have the backing of the American public.

Without the people behind you, you're nothing more than a scary subversive.

I'm not saying give it up, nothing close to that. But, you can't come across as a foaming-at-the-mouth nutfudge.
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    Maybe I'm just strange... but I don't see this as any call to arms, anymore than the election of Bubba was. There's too many safeguards in place.

Don't get me wrong, I believe 100% in arming yourself to the teeth. But, I'm also wise enough to know that if the military is coming after you, your chances of surviving the gun battle are slim -- you're outgunned and outmanned.

There would have to be, as there is in Iraq, a concerted effort by willing citizens to form a militia that is trainable, effective, and, most importantly, credible. If someone is going to play Weekend Warrior in the woods and pretend that they've got a militia going, those Weekend Warriors are going to look like fools and not have the backing of the American public.

Without the people behind you, you're nothing more than a scary subversive.

I'm not saying give it up, nothing close to that. But, you can't come across as a foaming-at-the-mouth nutfudge.

Truth, and known...
  • KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not wish to knock our military with this statement, I do not wish to put forth the idea that if the military gets involved against us we will have massive troubles, but look at the troubles our military has in depressing insurgents in iraq, and afghanistan. That is all open desert country. Imagine the trouble they would have in an enviroment such as the heavily forrested hills of KY, TN, or the Carolinas. Having been to Rifle Colorado on an elk hunt, they would have even more trouble in the big sky country. While yes we would have toubles with the military,(at least those who wouldn't join our side) it wouldn't be the doomsday some make it out to be.
  • D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KYfatboy
    I do not wish to knock our military with this statement, I do not wish to put forth the idea that if the military gets involved against us we will have massive troubles, but look at the troubles our military has in depressing insurgents in iraq, and afghanistan. That is all open desert country. Imagine the trouble they would have in an enviroment such as the heavily forrested hills of KY, TN, or the Carolinas. Having been to Rifle Colorado on an elk hunt, they would have even more trouble in the big sky country. While yes we would have toubles with the military,(at least those who wouldn't join our side) it wouldn't be the doomsday some make it out to be.

You are overlooking a few facts, sir. The insurgents are
    committed to their cause. Americans are full of talk and crap.
    We are fat, soft and lazy with no committment except to enjoy
    our big screen TVs. We are the "let somebody else do it" people!

Your fellow americans will stab you in the back long before they
    will stand beside you.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:I do not wish to knock our military with this statement, I do not wish to put forth the idea that if the military gets involved against us we will have massive troubles, but look at the troubles our military has in depressing insurgents in iraq, and afghanistan. That is all open desert country. Imagine the trouble they would have in an enviroment such as the heavily forrested hills of KY, TN, or the Carolinas. Having been to Rifle Colorado on an elk hunt, they would have even more trouble in the big sky country. While yes we would have toubles with the military,(at least those who wouldn't join our side) it wouldn't be the doomsday some make it out to be.

I'm not entirely sure that I agree with you. The troubles that we're experiencing in Iraq and Afghanistan are due to a variety of reasons, most importantly the fact that it is difficult to differentiate between friend and foe.

Our military is forgetting the lessons learned from 1776. We beat the British, not because we were a superior army, but because we did not abide by the "rules of war" at the time. Guerilla warfare was unheard of in the 18th century. The Iraqis and Afghans have taken a page out of our own history book and used it against us.

Afghanistan and Iraq do have major terrain issues. Iraq is not a fun place to be in the midst of a sandstorm. The mountains of Afghanistan are far more dangerous than any range in the U.S. can throw at them.

We also have issues trying to deal with a very... strange culture, based heavily on religios zealtry. These people may have meanieized their own religion, but, they're religious nutfudges regardless.

While we do have some seriously fundementalist nutcases of our own in the U.S. (Fred Phelps comes to mind), most of our religious community is a peace-loving community that embraces life, not death.

Our military is going to know American culture. Our military is going to know our terrain. Our neighbors will sell us out given the right carrot on the stick. We have too many left-wing nutfudges who would love to see a police state where all of us crazy-insane gun owners are locked up and the keys thrown away.

Again, anyone who screws around in a "militia" isn't going to have credibility with the American people -- at least not how the current "militias" are set up. The currents are Weekend Warriors who enjoy dressing up in camo and playing soldier-man in the woods. Joe Sixpack looks at you like you've a few bricks shy of a full load.

The closest thing I've seen a militia look credible is the Minutemen playing Border Patrol. They were doing some good, despite receiving negative press, and there were many, many Americans thanking them for the job that they were doing. It is just too bad that they've disappeared off the radar screen -- that was one small step in the right direction.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    D.K. has got it right and it's the liberals and democrats that are now busy doing exactly as he describes.