In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

244 Years ago - Independence Day EDITED

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
This was originally posted 13 years ago and I keep it going every year. Read through and add something. The original is below.

This July 4th will be 231 years of Independence from tyranny. It won't be much of a celebration for me. In my home state of New York, it is illegal to even celebrate with fireworks. We have to go to an organized event, pay admission, no food or beverages allowed, just to watch a fireworks show.

Last year, my buddies and I had a small batch of fireworks but the Gestapo showed up and we had to hide it all. My friends and I felt like criminals but all we were trying to do was have a good time. This year we reduced our display to sparklers for the kids. I am ashamed to call myself an American. I can't even put a collapsible stock on one of my rifles.

What is there to celebrate about ? We are not free anymore !
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should move to Oklahoma.[:D] We don't have Broadway or skyscrapers, but we are pretty much free here.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester

This July 4th will be 231 years of Independence from tyranny.

Reworded to "This July 4th will be 231 years ago, that men had stones enough to shed tyranny. We can no longer call this Independence day at this point in time (given the current state of affairs), hence the new name Global Government Tyranny Day"
    Yey Amerika![:(!]
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    4th of July would be a good day to start the 2nd Civil War
  • BATFEBATFE Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Gunz

What are you planning Mr. Gunz[?][?]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BATFE

You know what bothers me? When some dolt takes on an alphabet soup name and gets his/her jollies thinking they are scaring anyone. First of all the BATFE would not be so stupid to come in under such a name. Secondly the BATFE gets their jollies by persicuting INNOCENT citizens. Not all are innocent granted, but they do go after innocents. And lastly what makes anyone thnk the BATFE has ANY interest communicating with us peon, unless it involves a search and cuff operation?
  • whompusswhompuss Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BATFE
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Gunz

BATFE Sounds like yet another Troll [:(!]
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that "BATFE" is performing a service to us. He is reminding us of the reality of our times. Have no doubt, gentlemen, Big Brother is watching.
  • actionherotraineeactionherotrainee Member Posts: 49
    edited November -1

Last year, my buddies and I had a small batch of fireworks but the Gestapo showed up and we had to hide it all.

The Gestapo? Really? Tell me more. Did they burn your house? Did they make you watch while they gang-raped your wife? Did they steal all the gold fillings from your teeth? Did they stick a glass rod up your urethra and then break it into a zillion little slivers so now it really burns when you pee?

No? Then maybe it wasn't the Gestapo after all.

Did they steal your car or require a bribe from you in order to let you party in peace?

No? Then I guess it wasn't the Mexican Federales, either.

Wait a minute... maybe it was just your local municipal police, there to enforce a city ordinance passed by your elected officials who realize that there are too many inconsiderate a**holes who shoot off fireworks all through the night when people who work for a living need to sleep.. or who can't be trusted to not start fires in your neighborhood. Or who recognize that too many parents no longer have any control over what their children do.

Though you didn't mention it, I presume they wrote you a citation even though they didn't catch you doing anything wrong... after all, they have a quota to meet... of course they have quotas, I heard it from a very reliable source who got a ticket when he wasn't doing anything wrong, either.

What is there to celebrate? How about the fact you live in a country where you can talk trash about your police department -- even if it's total b.s.-- without fear of reprisal? In a lot of places, you couldn't get away with that even if you were telling the truth.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    actionherowannabee
    It sounds like you are a cop to me. I have 2 very good friends that are cops. I respect them very much and the job they do. They are humans. Some cops are robots. They are the ones I do not respect.

My 16 year old daughter was questioned today by a NYS trooper. Some kid blamed her for something and gave the cop her cell phone. The cop called her and yelled at her to come to the barracks right now or she would be arrested. She drove there herself and went in. The cop began to yell at her and dropped the F bomb several times during there little meeting. He found out she had nothing to do with it and let her go.

I now have a meeting with the officer and his superior tomorrow. I will try not to drop the F bomb myself but I'm sure it will come out at least once.

It is cops like that I consider the Gestopo.

By the way......the only reson we did not get a ticket is because my cop buddy was there at the party.
    Abort Cuomo
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Waco
    Ruby Ridge

Nobody fired...nobody disciplined..most officers commended and bumped up the ranks.Most police officers in this country convinced the jack-boots did the right thing.
    For all we know...one of you cops is Horiuchi.
    Sounds enough like tyranny that it will do till the round-ups start...

And trust me...you better be on the RIGHT side when they do...because we all are not idiots like Koresh and Randy Weaver.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    Didn't see this post before now...

quote:Originally posted by actionherotrainee

Last year, my buddies and I had a small batch of fireworks but the Gestapo showed up and we had to hide it all.

The Gestapo? Really? Tell me more. Did they burn your house? Did they make you watch while they gang-raped your wife? Did they steal all the gold fillings from your teeth? Did they stick a glass rod up your urethra and then break it into a zillion little slivers so now it really burns when you pee?

No? Then maybe it wasn't the Gestapo after all.

Did they steal your car or require a bribe from you in order to let you party in peace?

No? Then I guess it wasn't the Mexican Federales, either.

Wait a minute... maybe it was just your local municipal police, there to enforce a city ordinance passed by your elected officials who realize that there are too many inconsiderate a**holes who shoot off fireworks all through the night when people who work for a living need to sleep.. or who can't be trusted to not start fires in your neighborhood. Or who recognize that too many parents no longer have any control over what their children do.

Though you didn't mention it, I presume they wrote you a citation even though they didn't catch you doing anything wrong... after all, they have a quota to meet... of course they have quotas, I heard it from a very reliable source who got a ticket when he wasn't doing anything wrong, either.

What is there to celebrate? How about the fact you live in a country where you can talk trash about your police department -- even if it's total b.s.-- without fear of reprisal? In a lot of places, you couldn't get away with that even if you were telling the truth.

So it looks like someone doesn't know enough history and prefers it to be repeated. Once they start burning down houses and gang raping women it'll be a little too late, don't ya think?

Or maybe a time when if I talked trash about police department I would fear for my life, eh?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Waco
    Ruby Ridge

Nobody fired...nobody disciplined..most officers commended and bumped up the ranks.Most police officers in this country convinced the jack-boots did the right thing.
    For all we know...one of you cops is Horiuchi.
    Sounds enough like tyranny that it will do till the round-ups start...

And trust me...you better be on the RIGHT side when they do...because we all are not idiots like Koresh and Randy Weaver.

To say the least. According to as far as I understand the Fed's reports of both events, the same officer, a sniper, was present at both.

Well, moot point to argue as to where we're heading, not only this country too, but until we have Ruby Ridge and Waco happening a few time a month in different locations I really doubt "the public" will wake up, and "the public" in this case the sort of people who visit these forums.
  • akfanatikakfanatik Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    do you wanna start another revolution??
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by akfanatik
    do you wanna start another revolution??

Now, how would you do that? [;)]
  • akfanatikakfanatik Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cant tell ya that, top secret, between me, mr gunz, and our 50000 man militia
    edited November -1
    Update: 232 years ago !
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1
    And nothing has changed.

Oh..wait. We now have codified into law that restrictions on guns are "Constitutional"...

We now cannot put to death vicious animal that rape 8 year=old girls, ripping their little parts until reconstructive surgery is necessary...
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oklahoma223
    You should move to Oklahoma.[:D] We don't have Broadway or skyscrapers, but we are pretty much free here.

I live 400 miles from Broadway, in New York. New York is more than than the bababooeyhole Known as New York city!
    Sorry, but I get tired of people assuming that NY=NYC. I live walking distance from great Walleye fishing, I can bike to good rabbit and squirrel hunting. The only reason I have to drive to the woods in the fall is because I need a car to haul a deer!
    We need less government and less people that suck the public teat!
    Diversity is destroying the northeastern United States! Rant Over!
  • thebigsdthebigsd Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instead of complaining about it, do something about it. Get active, get out there and motivate voters in your state. Don't sit there and say that we are not free because the United States is one of the greatest (and most free) countries in the world. Those states that have gun rights work for them. I live in VA and it is a constant battle, but I am very much involved. Follow the link to get in contact with someone in NY who can help you do something about your gun rights.

http://www.nraila.org/ActionCenter/GetInvolvedLocally/
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, most of us have given up on the NRA helping us wrench our liberties back from the jaws of the tyranny. Too many times they've been caught in bed with the enemy and actually helping craft legislation further eroding your constitutional firearm rights. Kind of like putting a fox in charge of the henhouse. The tighter the squeeze on gun owners, the more people pony up $$$ to join the "fight". Just like any business, it's looking out for it's bottom line.

As far as calling certain LEOs the gestapo, ask the families who have been terrorized by no-knock searches based on faulty info who were awakend to flashlights and machine guns, or Mr. Olofson who got railroaded by the JBT's of the BATFE for having a malfunctioning weapon, or the cyclist getting attacked by a cop in NYC this week - the list goes on, and that doesn't sound too friendly to me. Especially when after they bungle yet another raid on the wrong address, the !~@#$% get medals and promotions, so yeah, they might as well be called gestapo. If they dis-like the comparisons, perhaps they should change their tactics, get better intel and for chris-sakes have the stones to man up and admit when you @#$% up, apologize and make the necessary reparations. There's a family up near Albany NY who had a mistaken raid, their house was ransacked pretty good - busted alot of stuff and the f**kers won't pay to repair the damage they caused, and the leader who ordered the raid refuses to apologize and says, "well, these things happen" So #$%^ 'em!! They want to act like that, they deserve the comparisons!!!
    edited November -1
    Update - 233 years ago

We wait to see what will come of our guns, our rights, our freedom. I have never been so concerned and confused at the same time. You must all see now that the hype is really letting up and people are not as frenzied into buying up supplies. I talk to friends, family, and strangers, Most feel like we have been raped ! Are we going to let the rape happen again? I guess the real question that everyone wants to know,,,,,, what is the breaking point? How many people out there really will defend freedom? Time will tell......
    We need a real leader that will guide, organize and motivate the masses. The Dems have Jesse, Al, Nancy..Who do we really have? Somebody with big brass one's better step up to the plate ! We have not seen anti gun marches and rallies in some time. When this resurrects itself, we better gat off our fat * and do something about it. That will be the pivotal point in our gun ownership!
    Girlhunter - she is not the enemy, she is asleep.that's all. She will awake soon !
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1
    Good to see you again Pete.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    Good to see you again Pete.

+1
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thebigsd
    Instead of complaining about it, do something about it. Get active, get out there and motivate voters in your state. Don't sit there and say that we are not free because the United States is one of the greatest (and most free) countries in the world. Those states that have gun rights work for them. I live in VA and it is a constant battle, but I am very much involved. Follow the link to get in contact with someone in NY who can help you do something about your gun rights.

I love it when some fool says we are the "most" free country in the world, therefore if you point out otherwise, you are complaining/bitching/etc ad nauseum....Guess what?
    I don't give a flying f*&% about the "rest of the world"!! I care about here!! Got it!?!?[:(!]

When I am as free as those great men were on October 19, 1781, and my child can walk the street fearlessly after dark, then and only then, will I possibly care about "the rest of the world".
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    quote:Originally posted by thebigsd

I love it when some fool says we are the "most" free country in the world, therefore if you point out otherwise, you are complaining/bitching/etc ad nauseum....Guess what?
    I don't give a flying f*&% about the "rest of the world"!! I care about here!! Got it!?!?[:(!]

JP,......tell us how you REALLY feel brother![:D][;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • cwi555cwi555 Member Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To whom it may concern,

You may rest assured that the government is watching this forum, and any others like it. I venture to say they are watching what is selling/trading and who it is from and where it is going.

I've worked in many foreign countries where they are not free to speak their minds. China and Venezuela being two of them. Those respective governments simply make a list of all insurgents and their comments. When no one is watching, they simply disappear into the night.

Talk of guns, revolution, etc and surviving the night to speak about it is proof positive that there is hope of redemption. Not much, but a spark at least.

I once witnessed a man chained to a post and summarily beaten to death for trash talking chavez. No one in the Caf? bar could do anything. A squad of heavily armed goons surrounding you has that effect. All you could do is just watch. The sound of his head crushing under the rifle butt was sickening.
    Our U.S. consulate did nothing. Not only did they do nothing, they advised I simply forgot about it.
    While that is the most graphic example I've witnessed, there have been many others.

Without the means to fight, that scenario "WILL" play out in the United? States.
    Do not be under any delusion that it cannot. It already has, both in notable cases, and cases quiet.

The moral of this story is, that gentlemen that had his life beaten out of him received that beating for something he had written 3 years earlier. (so says the date of the article the polica negro's threw on the poor mans body when they left.)

Only those of you who've fought in combat could understand what it is I am saying. But you have been decreed a threat by our homeland security department.

Write what you wish, it is being recorded. Be sure you mean what you say, there will come a time when you are put into a position to put up or shut up. For Julio it was to late to recant.

Think about what your saying, be sure you are willing to back up your words with your *. Otherwise sit down and shut up while you still can.
    edited November -1
    quote:Write what you wish, it is being recorded. Be sure you mean what you say, there will come a time when you are put into a position to put up or shut up. For Julio it was to late to recant.
    Recant the Constitution ?

Sorry...no.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cwi555
    To whom it may concern,

You may rest assured that the government is watching this forum, and any others like it. I venture to say they are watching what is selling/trading and who it is from and where it is going.

I've worked in many foreign countries where they are not free to speak their minds. China and Venezuela being two of them. Those respective governments simply make a list of all insurgents and their comments. When no one is watching, they simply disappear into the night.

Talk of guns, revolution, etc and surviving the night to speak about it is proof positive that there is hope of redemption. Not much, but a spark at least.

I once witnessed a man chained to a post and summarily beaten to death for trash talking chavez. No one in the Caf? bar could do anything. A squad of heavily armed goons surrounding you has that effect. All you could do is just watch. The sound of his head crushing under the rifle butt was sickening.
    Our U.S. consulate did nothing. Not only did they do nothing, they advised I simply forgot about it.
    While that is the most graphic example I've witnessed, there have been many others.

Without the means to fight, that scenario "WILL" play out in the United? States.
    Do not be under any delusion that it cannot. It already has, both in notable cases, and cases quiet.

The moral of this story is, that gentlemen that had his life beaten out of him received that beating for something he had written 3 years earlier. (so says the date of the article the polica negro's threw on the poor mans body when they left.)

Only those of you who've fought in combat could understand what it is I am saying. But you have been decreed a threat by our homeland security department.

Write what you wish, it is being recorded. Be sure you mean what you say, there will come a time when you are put into a position to put up or shut up. For Julio it was to late to recant.

Think about what your saying, be sure you are willing to back up your words with your *. Otherwise sit down and shut up while you still can.

Let them come.

"If there is to be trouble, let it be in MY day, so my children may have peace."

I belive, they are to chicken to do anything to us. Yep, I said it, CHICKEN. JBT's turn into REAL pansies when met with formible resistance.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To whom it may concern,

I'll give them my address if they want it![:D] If I have to sit and shut up, it ain't worth bein here!

Lance
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To whom it may concern,

If I censor myself to please the Nazis; the Nazis win. I will not do so, and if speaking my mind cost me my life or liberty, so be it.

Were they here, it is no doubt the Founders would be nauseated; not over what the politicians have done, rather the derelict of duty by 'the people'.

What has transpired is the exact opposite of what the Founders intended. Fear of the elected has permeated the majority, and that ought not to be. Somewhere during this experiment in liberty, the roles were reversed, and the elected have forgotten to whom they answer. Evidently, the majority have also bought into this, 'we work for them' mindset.

Fact is, folks will have to decide whether they are subjects or citizens. For a few, there was never a question, and the decision was made long ago. Whichever the case may be, rest assured there will be no room for indecisiveness from ANYONE.

'Well, I do not own firearms, so I will sit on the fence.' Really? You'll eventually have to come down on one side or the other when you are told what you can/can't say, how you may worship, or where you may go. How about when you are told that you may only keep a small percentage of the money YOU earn? It is getting pretty damn close to that already. What will you have to say when you are told that your children WILL go to a school that is not of your choosing, and will be 'educated' in a manner that you oppose? One way or another, YOU will be affected.

Want to live in fear? Your choice, but do not look for me or mine to be in your company. I stand firm on the Constitution and the principles of individual liberty, and I refuse to waver from them. The elected have made their choice where they stand. So be it. I have also made mine.

I am a citizen. I refuse to be fearful of those elected, or the acronymic groups they utilize to run roughshod over liberty. Strong words? Maybe, but that mindset coupled with the courage to back it is the only measure to keep liberty from disappearing beneath the waves.

I am reminded of a quote. In fact, it is used by a member on here in his signature line, and it sums it all up quite well:

"Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, - not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."

R.A. Heinlein
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    To whom it may concern,

If I censor myself to please the Nazis; the Nazis win. I will not do so, and if speaking my mind cost me my life or liberty, so be it.

Were they here, it is no doubt the Founders would be nauseated; not over what the politicians have done, rather the derelict of duty by 'the people'.

What has transpired is the exact opposite of what the Founders intended. Fear of the elected has permeated the majority, and that ought not to be. Somewhere during this experiment in liberty, the roles were reversed, and the elected have forgotten to whom they answer. Evidently, the majority have also bought into this, 'we work for them' mindset.

Fact is, folks will have to decide whether they are subjects or citizens. For a few, there was never a question, and the decision was made long ago. Whichever the case may be, rest assured there will be no room for indecisiveness from ANYONE.

'Well, I do not own firearms, so I will sit on the fence.' Really? You'll eventually have to come down on one side or the other when you are told what you can/can't say, how you may worship, or where you may go. How about when you are told that you may only keep a small percentage of the money YOU earn? It is getting pretty damn close to that already. What will you have to say when you are told that your children WILL go to a school that is not of your choosing, and will be 'educated' in a manner that you oppose? One way or another, YOU will be affected.

Want to live in fear? Your choice, but do not look for me or mine to be in your company. I stand firm on the Constitution and the principles of individual liberty, and I refuse to waver from them. The elected have made their choice where they stand. So be it. I have also made mine.

I am a citizen. I refuse to be fearful of those elected, or the acronymic groups they utilize to run roughshod over liberty. Strong words? Maybe, but that mindset coupled with the courage to back it is the only measure to keep liberty from disappearing beneath the waves.

I am reminded of a quote. In fact, it is used by a member on here in his signature line, and it sums it all up quite well:

"Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, - not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."

R.A. Heinlein
    Very well stated Shane.

I agree and I proudly stand side-by-side with you and my Brothers on the side of individual liberty and in opposition to predatory, tyrannical government.

I have no desire for war, or insurrection, my wish is quite the opposite. I pray it does not come to that dreaded solution and that a peaceful return to the Republic can be brought about.

Regardless, if it does come, here I stand, firm and resolute.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    To whom it may concern,

R.A. Heinlein
    Very well stated Shane.

I agree and I proudly stand side-by-side with you and my Brothers on the side of individual liberty and in opposition to predatory, tyrannical government.

I have no desire for war, or insurrection, my wish is quite the opposite. I pray it does not come to that dreaded solution and that a peaceful return to the Republic can be brought about.

Never a doubt.[;)]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I said what I meant, and I meant what I said.
    I am easy to find, and am not going anywhere.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Very well stated Shane.

The cold war began long ago lt. They, are incredibly patient.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

R.A. Heinlein

Excellent, Shane. Thank you.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

R.A. Heinlein

Excellent, Shane. Thank you.

Thank you as well.

If my gut is right, these thoughts are identical to those of a few others on here, including yourself.[;)]
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Declaration of Independence IS OUR Nation's birth certificate!!!!

Combined with GB's Notification to postings on this thread, I just read an inspirational column that compelled me, two years and 36 posts later, to make this post. I still believe in quality vs. quantity. I can only hope to influence one person (maybe two or three) today because, as usual, I'll be preaching to the choir.

I get other notifications to postings, "Would You Fight" among them, and I'm amused and disappointed with some of the chest pounding by some and capitulation to Government Authority by others. Some take nothing seriously and try to make a joke of our demise as a Sovereign Nation. And then, obviously, there are still some posters that refuse to see the undergrowth IS choking out the forest. The environmentalist can NOT comprehend the benefits of a "Controlled Burn", necessary to prevent out of control wildfires, but it's time for one BEFORE this entire country goes up (or down) in flames. I don't make this analogy to promote violence!!! I do, to the extent it will be heard, encourage advocacy in corresponding your discontent with the "State Of Affairs" to any and ALL members of Government; local, state and Federal. The ONLY thing they understand is having their positions of authority threatened by LOOSING their job!!! If there is to be any violence, you can bet the Government will start it!!! IF there is another "Concord" in our future, we'll see whom actually stands up then. We'll see who made the preparations to protect, and fight, for their freedom THEN. And this is NOT an endorsement to tell me (or the world) how well you are prepared. That's where they need to be kept guessing!! (THAT Explains WHY they want all guns, gun-owners, registered and limits on ammo purchases.) Either VOICE your opinion or accept the consequences of your silence!!!! Given the proverbial inch, they'll take a mile!!!!

Granted the nation's population was far less then (1700's), than it is now. However, most came here bearing the scares of oppressive government and STILL Remembered the experience. Even though they escaped the immediate clutches/threats of that tyranny, IT followed them!! Others were born here, into a life of freedom and self-reliance and grew to enjoy their lives AND that freedom. They had cast-off the ability to accept intrusions into the conduct of their daily lives and the theft of their productivity!!! (How things have changed!!!!)

You can only push some people so far. Sooner or later everyone reaches his or her breaking point, will resist and eventually fight back. Our Founding Fathers knew the day would come when an actual armed resistance would be the only solution, yet made few plans to meet that inevitable consequence. When the day came, it was the people (the armed citizens) that saved the day!!! The lack of prior preparations to outfit, arm and supply the militias BEFORE Concord almost lead to the demise of Revolution before it got started. But, that's NOT the point here!!

The Founding Fathers had a vision AND a plan to end tyranny on United States Soil!!!

The point is: 56 MEN had the BALLS to resist tyranny and convinced the population (a few at a time) to join the fight to preserve the freedom and self-reliant life styles they themselves had grown to love!!! These 56 MEN pledged their LIVES and their Fortunes to implement that plan and see it through to the end!!!

As I watch the news every day and follow the actions of our Government while they violate and corrupt everything those 56 MEN, and THOUSANDS of others, endured to implement that plan to exorcise tyranny from our vocabulary, I get sicker and sicker!!! Countless millions since have given their lives (many more than that have wrecked bodies and minds) in defending the concept of that original plan!!! Yet, even those sacrifices seem lost on our modern breed of politicians. I have to wonder if there are 56 MEN left in the present system of Government with the BALLS to resist for other than their own personal self-gratification!!!! Are there any leaders left for the freedom loving, self-reliant individualist to rally behind and save the Republic and what it stands for???????? I think NOT!!!!!!!!

I'm encouraged to see renewed interest in freedom expressed by the "Tea-party Movement". Even more encouraging is the novel idea by the MSM that they may be being manipulated and used to push this final sprint toward Socialism!!!! BZ to Major Garrett and most recently, of all people, Helen Thomas, for opening that window to reality!!!! However, there are those that STILL DENY any Media Bias exists!! When reality hits them in the face maybe they'll come around as well??

This is probably longer than most will read already so I'll wrap this up with one final comment. If you read or post here your already a marked man. Earn your label of terrorist (freely granted with prejudice by Home-land security) by subscribing to the columns written by Chuck Baldwin, Ron Paul and the Campaign For Liberty. The following excerpt is from a column by Chuck Baldwin and the link to the full article follows.

Independence Now And Forever
    By Chuck Baldwin -- July 1, 2009

Indeed, the signers of America's Declaration of Independence endured the sacrifice of both toil and blood. Pertaining to the lives of the signers, David Limbaugh writes, "Of those 56 who signed the Declaration of Independence, nine died of wounds or hardships during the war. Five were captured and imprisoned, in each case with brutal treatment. Several lost wives, sons or entire families. One lost his thirteen children. Two wives were brutally treated. All were at one time or another the victims of manhunts and driven from their homes. Twelve signers had their homes completely burned. Seventeen lost everything they owned."

The column is archived at:
    http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090701.html
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel

Combined with GB's Notification to postings on this thread, I just read an inspirational column that compelled me, two years and 36 posts later, to make this post. I still believe in quality vs. quantity. I can only hope to influence one person (maybe two or three) today because, as usual, I'll be preaching to the choir.

I get other notifications to postings, "Would You Fight" among them, and I'm amused and disappointed with some of the chest pounding by some and capitulation to Government Authority by others. Some take nothing seriously and try to make a joke of our demise as a Sovereign Nation. And then, obviously, there are still some posters that refuse to see the undergrowth IS choking out the forest. The environmentalist can NOT comprehend the benefits of a "Controlled Burn", necessary to prevent out of control wildfires, but it's time for one BEFORE this entire country goes up (or down) in flames. I don't make this analogy to promote violence!!! I do, to the extent it will be heard, encourage advocacy in corresponding your discontent with the "State Of Affairs" to any and ALL members of Government; local, state and Federal. The ONLY thing they understand is having their positions of authority threatened by LOOSING their job!!! If there is to be any violence, you can bet the Government will start it!!! IF there is another "Concord" in our future, we'll see whom actually stands up then. We'll see who made the preparations to protect, and fight, for their freedom THEN. And this is NOT an endorsement to tell me (or the world) how well you are prepared. That's where they need to be kept guessing!! (THAT Explains WHY they want all guns, gun-owners, registered and limits on ammo purchases.) Either VOICE your opinion or accept the consequences of your silence!!!! Given the proverbial inch, they'll take a mile!!!!

Granted the nation's population was far less then (1700's), than it is now. However, most came here bearing the scares of oppressive government and STILL Remembered the experience. Even though they escaped the immediate clutches/threats of that tyranny, IT followed them!! Others were born here, into a life of freedom and self-reliance and grew to enjoy their lives AND that freedom. They had cast-off the ability to accept intrusions into the conduct of their daily lives and the theft of their productivity!!! (How things have changed!!!!)

You can only push some people so far. Sooner or later everyone reaches his or her breaking point, will resist and eventually fight back. Our Founding Fathers knew the day would come when an actual armed resistance would be the only solution, yet made few plans to meet that inevitable consequence. When the day came, it was the people (the armed citizens) that saved the day!!! The lack of prior preparations to outfit, arm and supply the militias BEFORE Concord almost lead to the demise of Revolution before it got started. But, that's NOT the point here!!

The Founding Fathers had a vision AND a plan to end tyranny on United States Soil!!!

The point is: 56 MEN had the BALLS to resist tyranny and convinced the population (a few at a time) to join the fight to preserve the freedom and self-reliant life styles they themselves had grown to love!!! These 56 MEN pledged their LIVES and their Fortunes to implement that plan and see it through to the end!!!

As I watch the news every day and follow the actions of our Government while they violate and corrupt everything those 56 MEN, and THOUSANDS of others, endured to implement that plan to exorcise tyranny from our vocabulary, I get sicker and sicker!!! Countless millions since have given their lives (many more than that have wrecked bodies and minds) in defending the concept of that original plan!!! Yet, even those sacrifices seem lost on our modern breed of politicians. I have to wonder if there are 56 MEN left in the present system of Government with the BALLS to resist for other than their own personal self-gratification!!!! Are there any leaders left for the freedom loving, self-reliant individualist to rally behind and save the Republic and what it stands for???????? I think NOT!!!!!!!!

I'm encouraged to see renewed interest in freedom expressed by the "Tea-party Movement". Even more encouraging is the novel idea by the MSM that they may be being manipulated and used to push this final sprint toward Socialism!!!! BZ to Major Garrett and most recently, of all people, Helen Thomas, for opening that window to reality!!!! However, there are those that STILL DENY any Media Bias exists!! When reality hits them in the face maybe they'll come around as well??

This is probably longer than most will read already so I'll wrap this up with one final comment. If you read or post here your already a marked man. Earn your label of terrorist (freely granted with prejudice by Home-land security) by subscribing to the columns written by Chuck Baldwin, Ron Paul and the Campaign For Liberty. The following excerpt is from a column by Chuck Baldwin and the link to the full article follows.

Independence Now And Forever
    By Chuck Baldwin -- July 1, 2009

Indeed, the signers of America's Declaration of Independence endured the sacrifice of both toil and blood. Pertaining to the lives of the signers, David Limbaugh writes, "Of those 56 who signed the Declaration of Independence, nine died of wounds or hardships during the war. Five were captured and imprisoned, in each case with brutal treatment. Several lost wives, sons or entire families. One lost his thirteen children. Two wives were brutally treated. All were at one time or another the victims of manhunts and driven from their homes. Twelve signers had their homes completely burned. Seventeen lost everything they owned."

The column is archived at:
    http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090701.html

WW,

Excellent post, and damn good to see you again.[;)]
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wsfiredude:

As I said I still peek in on occasion when I get one of those GB notifications but I just haven't felt the urge to post. It warms my heart to see others have picked up and continued to carry the torch I dropped in frustration. Thank you.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel
    wsfiredude:

As I said I still peek in on occasion when I get one of those GB notifications but I just haven't felt the urge to post. It warms my heart to see others have picked up and continued to carry the torch I dropped in frustration. Thank you.

Pick it back up and keep posting. Your voice, along with several others on here, needs to be heard, especially in these days.