In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anti-Gunners Smart?

BLMSRBLMSR Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
Is it just me or are anti-gun*members or what ever* Very poorly informed on the facts. Just today a fellow co worker and i were talking about BP Firearms And Black Firearms*as in DPMS and ect. Well a guy that works in the machine shop*who has a doctors degree in Engineering by the way*
tries telling me and this other guy that the problem with the US *more specifically Texas* Is That Any average Joe can *quote-Walk in to a gun store buy the meanest looking fully auto assault weapons and start spraying everyone* Now this guy is a engineer who has a DR degree and he used the word Spraying and slaughter.. Now that just gets me. Are all Anti-Gun People Like this, Or are there at least some well educated ones that have good arguments? He also seems to think that since i just put a Strike Force Stock on my Mini-14 that it is somehow magically stronger and more accurate than my *quote-Harmless looking Model 700* [:(!]

Comments

• dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    man, you could talk facts with this idiot and he still wouldnt believe you. he obviously believes that his views are right and nothing will make him change his mind.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, they are not intelligent at all. They have only one characteristic that makes them stand out, and that is the fact that they can vocally lie out their teeth and get others to believe them. Since this isn't exactly a redeeming quality, this still makes them useless human beings.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guy may be an engineer and very smart but that does not mean that he knows anything about guns. I have found that many people who hate and fear guns do so because the know nothing about them. Some can be educated, some cannot. Had a conversation with a lady that was on the local school board with me many years ago. The subject was weapons on school property. I asked her to define weapon. She was unsure. I took her hand, picked up a wooden pencil from the desk, held it to her hand and explained that if I stabbed her in the hand with it it became a weapon at that time. Then she got it!
    edited November -1
    What's the difference between a Mechanical Engineer (like me) and a Civil Engineer??

Mechanical Engineers create weapons; Civil Engineers create targets.

That said, which type of engineer do you guys think is more likely to understand the concept of weapons more indepth?? Secondly, which one is more likely to use logic in the determination of what instrument should be the most likely instrument for a person to use to stop these things from happening??

Have any of you guys ever noticed that a political major, a business major, and a medical major are all expected to take coursework in school dealing with ethics, while engineers are not???
  • chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most anti-gun zealots are as stupid when it comes to firearms as their christian counterparts when it comes to anything other than the jeebus.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaoslodge
    Most anti-gun zealots are as stupid when it comes to firearms as their christian counterparts when it comes to anything other than the jeebus.
    Anti-gun zealots, anti-Christian zealots - similar idiocy. Both fear something they do not, cannot, or simply refuse to understand.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by chaoslodge
    Anti-gun zealots, anti-Christian zealots - similar idiocy. Both fear something they do not, cannot, or simply refuse to understand.

OK, entertain me, here...

What is it about a Christian that makes you say they fear something they do not understand, cannot understand, or refuse to understand?? I think they full well understand that which they fear; they fear the wrath of God. They understand what brings them to needing to fear it. That eliminates the whole "cannot understand" aspect, there. If they know something like that, they will refuse to believe otherwise.

I suppose the same could be said about atheists. It isn't that they are afraid of anything, it is that they could be too stupid to be afraid of anything, or ignorant, or whatever. That same idiocy could be linked to antigunners. Antigunners are stupid and ignorant as hell, too. They believe it is not criminals, but law abiders that cause crime, but do not think they should be afraid, because they are too oblivious to the fact that it does happen (apparently, just not to them... yet). They believe the cops will protect them. They believe a whole list of irrational and illogical things.

Without turning this whole argument into a theology thread, no one can prove or disprove any of the theology things, but we can, and have disproved antigun logic, and that is why the idiocy of antigunners, Christians and atheists fail.
    edited November -1
    gunphreak:

You misunderstand. I was commenting upon the idiocy of chaoslodge's anti-Christian comment and equated it, as did you, to the anti-gun idiocy movement.

I happen to be one of those stupid and ignorant atheists. I do, however, respect and support any belief system that is heart felt and has proven to be the (if I may be so bold) Godsend to so many that the Christian faith has proven to be.

Brad Steele
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...Jesus, he was a fine Roman.
    edited November -1
    gunphreak:

You misunderstand. I was commenting upon the idiocy of chaoslodge's anti-Christian comment and equated it, as did you, to the anti-gun idiocy movement.

I happen to be one of those stupid and ignorant atheists. I do, however, respect and support any belief system that is heart felt and has proven to be the (if I may be so bold) Godsend to so many that the Christian faith has proven to be.

I'm examining both comments on the same basis, though. Is it a false assumption to believe that atheists believe Christians are stupid, or equally false that Christians believe atheists are stupid???

Regardless of those beliefs, neither of them are provable or disprovable, but antigunners' BS is fully disprovable. Is this correct??
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    I'm examining both comments on the same basis, though. Is it a false assumption to believe that atheists believe Christians are stupid, or equally false that Christians believe atheists are stupid???

Regardless of those beliefs, neither of them are provable or disprovable, but antigunners' BS is fully disprovable. Is this correct??
    Yes,.. yes,.. and yes.[:)]

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak

Yes,.. yes,.. and yes.[:)]

Well, there you go...
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The fact that these people are not smart can be shown without even getting into a conversation with them

They advocate restricting their own Rights, just because they don't care to exert them.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Blairweescot
    The fact that these people are not smart can be shown without even getting into a conversation with them

They advocate restricting their own Rights, just because they don't care to exert them.

This is definitely relevant. Simple and to the point, which happens to be perhaps the best way to win the argument.
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    Michael Savage has it right ... "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman
    Michael Savage has it right ... "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"!

And who couldn't agree with something SO damn right? [^]
    edited November -1
    What's the difference between an antigunner and a stopped clock???

The stopped clock is still right twice a day.