In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The "3%" is starting to get fed up!

brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
An excerpt from a blog called "scene of the latest outbreak "

Not being satisfied with taking more than 50% of my earnings each year, the American government in a few short weeks will likely propose legislation to criminalize and then remove my firearms of military utility, along with their accoutrements.

There's a very low probability of defeating such legislation, which may include neither a sunset clause a la AWB I nor any grandfathering of existing weapons or accessories.

I and a whole lot of other folks will not comply.

At that point, the government will face a choice -- lose credibility by doing nothing, or begin the raids that will open a terribly bloody new chapter of our history.

A whole lot of folks are preparing for just that eventuality -- and are simply waiting for the government to make the first move.

When they kill Vanderboegh or other prominent folks...when the rolling roadblocks commence...when there's an obligatory "refinancing" of people's retirement funds into "government-backed retirement accounts"....when the alternative media are being squashed....when the homeschoolers are being raided "for the children"...a whole lot of folks will roll off their fail-safe points and go hot.

And it will be a bloody, tragic mess.

For those who believe that the pure political route is still fruitful, God bless ya. Keep bashing away.

As Codrea says, "* ULLA SELLA IN PUGNO TABERNA."

Any chair in a bar fight.

A lot of people at the failsafe point are still making those calls, writing those letters, and marking those ballots, too.

But those same folks also have plans for when the political process irretrievably fails -- even more than it has already.

And there is literally nothing that anyone can do about those plans.

Any attempt at preemption by the state security forces will only light the fuse that much sooner.

And the funny thing is -- those folks just want to be left alone. They don't want to govern a soul.

We're beyond a fix in the near-term. The best possible outcome would be for the new administration to govern from a limited-government, strict construction Constitutional basis.

Anybody want to calculate the odds on that?

I own me. I own my output. I have an unalienable right to defend myself, by whatever means necessary, against predators and looters.

And I am damned tired of my servants in government acting otherwise.

Stay low. Keep moving. Good luck.

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are not prepared yet,......it's time.
    Make it quick BTW.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Number 15;
    Care to post this over on General ? I think this message would be read by more then a few fence-sitters over there....

Thanks much for posting it.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    One of you guys go ahead and repost it. It will get more looks if they see your username instead of mine.
    edited November -1
    brick,

Done.[;)]
  • mwester89mwester89 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it truly scares to think of what might come under the obama administration in regards to guns(and most other things for that matter)
  • RugersforMeRugersforMe Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I totally agree with this post. I am very sick and tired of "our" government thinking they can do what they want, when they want.
    Just a bunch of "closet" Fascists!!!!
    Bring it on bitches
    MANY Patriotic Constitution believing Americans are ready for your oatmeal Fascism attempts!

Jeff MOLON LABE
    edited November -1
    quote:brickmaster1248

1406 Posts
    Posted - 12/16/2008 : 5:48:48 PM

One of you guys go ahead and repost it. It will get more looks if they see your username instead of mine.

Generally, thats MY line...[:D] I possibly remain as one of the most unpopular posters on the forums...and often wonder what keeps admin from locking me out.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    If you are not prepared yet,......it's time.
    Make it quick BTW.

If you are not prepared yet....you probably never will be !
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1
    90 odd reads already.
    A tiny pebble thrown in a pond.....
  • brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:brickmaster1248

1406 Posts
    Posted - 12/16/2008 : 5:48:48 PM

Generally, thats MY line...[:D] I possibly remain as one of the most unpopular posters on the forums...and often wonder what keeps admin from locking me out.

You may very well be one of the most unpopular posters on here....All the more reason why i wanted you guys to post it because i know people sit and wait for what you guys are going to post next. Me im the quiet one. I dont speak much unless spoken too. Im just "layin in wait" so to speak, all the while getting ready for the ride!
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    It could very well come this. As I have said, 'no more restrictions'!
    Our backs are to the wall!
    We need to be prepared as individuals, AND AS A GROUP, for what is likely to to a (many)very violent confrontation(s)![V]
    edited November -1
    quote:I dont speak much unless spoken too. Im just "layin in wait" so to speak, all the while getting ready for the ride!
    Indeed.
    I made the choice many years ago;
    Be outspoken...even if it did put me in the cross hairs. And it has..I have the scars to prove it.
    I am also fully aware that without the quiet, unnoticed ones..there will never be a prayer of a chance to take it back. We that are highly vocal will not last long, once the Beast begins moving in earnest.
    Thank you, my friend, for being out there.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I possibly remain as one of the most unpopular posters on the forums...

Couldn't be much less popular than me..I piss off people wherever I go. [:)]

Brick , excellent post
    edited November -1
    I don't know HB, I seen to piss off both sides. At least you have some very loyal followers (CA)!!![;)]
    edited November -1
    quote: don't know HB, I seen to piss off both sides. At least you have some very loyal followers
    You continue to confuse men that are intelligent enough to read and understand a couple dozen words with `followers'.

It is an easy mistake to make in the world we live in today..where men that are individuals are such a rare breed...particularly by men that allow others to formulate what they think.

You will, however find no followers among the Canary *. Every man therein is a leader in his own right.
    edited November -1

Oftentimes, being unpopular with the majority means you are doing 100% right.[;)]
  • chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

Oftentimes, being unpopular with the majority means you are doing 100% right.[;)]
    amen. If people want popularity contests they should become politicians. At least that way you can change your opinion often, without notice and not raise an eyebrow
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Couldn't be much less popular than me..I piss off people wherever I go. [:)]

Brick , excellent post

I'm neither popular nor unpopular, mostly invisible no matter where I go [;)] But I expect that invisiblity to come to an end when The Powers That Be decide to make an example of me and my compatriots.....
    edited November -1
    quote: don't know HB, I seen to piss off both sides. At least you have some very loyal followers
    You continue to confuse men that are intelligent enough to read and understand a couple dozen words with `followers'.

It is an easy mistake to make in the world we live in today..where men that are individuals are such a rare breed...particularly by men that allow others to formulate what they think.

You will, however find no followers among the Canary *. Every man therein is a leader in his own right.

As am I![}:)]
    edited November -1
    Then perhaps, Jim Rau, you can bring yourself to stop attempting to demean these men.

All you are succeeding in doing is to discredit yourself in the attempt.

Let me make a brief description of a `follower'.
    That is a person reading "Shall Not be Infringed"...continuing to believe, trust, and support the government restricting weapons to Citizens .
    edited November -1
    You lost me here HB. I have not attempted to 'demean' you or them. I respect your believes. I do not see them as realistic and I said so. I am glad to see 'anyone' stand up for the RTKABA's, even if there is a difference in the methods or degree. You and your 'friends', on the other hand, do the 'demeaning' to those who do not agree with you to the letter.
    I think you need to look in the mirror!!!!!
    I have been 'running against the wind' my entire life and standing up for the RTKABA's. It is not something I just started doing, like many here!!![V]
    And I completely agree with your definition of a follower!!![^]
    I do not believe in, support, nor trust the restrictions our government has placed on our RTKABA's![:(!]
    edited November -1
    quote:I do not believe in, support, nor trust the restrictions our government has placed on our RTKABA's
    "Except for full autos".

The words "Shall Not be Infringed" apply everywhere..except where you want them to NOT apply.

quote:Jim Rau Posted - 12/16/2008 : 8:02:22 PM
    I don't know HB, I seen to piss off both sides. At least you have some very loyal followers (CA)!!!
    This is just an example of the contempt you hold men in that fail to buckle at the knees to government interference in their lives.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    336 reads, and 10 responses in GD.
    Typically a ridiculous topic that is posted will garner about a 10% response rate.

Seems to be that there really is something to the 3% rule.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    We 3% can whip the world.
    We are the best the world has to offer...we are free in our own minds.
    Our bodies are held in thrall at this moment by the elites and the stupidity of our fellow man...but IT WILL NOT LAST !!!

We free men have tasted of the tree of Liberty..and we WILL yet again break the chains of slavery the elites have planned for us.
    edited November -1
    quote:I do not believe in, support, nor trust the restrictions our government has placed on our RTKABA's
    "Except for full autos".

The words "Shall Not be Infringed" apply everywhere..except where you want them to NOT apply.

quote:Jim Rau Posted - 12/16/2008 : 8:02:22 PM
    I don't know HB, I seen to piss off both sides. At least you have some very loyal followers (CA)!!!
    This is just an example of the contempt you hold men in that fail to buckle at the knees to government interference in their lives.

Well I guess you are in one of your 'cover your ears and shout LA LA LA LA' attitudes/moods!
    I can't make it any plainer, I don't hold you in 'contempt, in any way. I thing your a bullheaded as he!!, but then so am I! I respect your believes and your right to express them. Problem is, as I stated before, you hold EVERYONE in COMTEMPT who doesn't agree 100% with you. You have the problem, not me!!I guess you don't believe in individual rights as you preach![;)]
    You are striving for perfection in an imperfect world. This the only point I am trying to make with you. If you consider this 'contempt' so be it![|)]
  • 69jafo6969jafo69 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been trying to tell anyone around me that the sh.. is allready slapping on the fan blades. I saw this comming for the last ten years ever since the top 10% of the people control 90% of the money. In the last five years I said that the bubbles cant keep getting bigger and bigger. They will have to burst soon and when they do the next civil war will start. My friends said I was nuts. Now the bubbles have burst and our economy is sliding faster than ever, but there are still people who think that some how the "government" can pull us out of the mess they made. Its not gonna happen folks. We havent even seen the worst yet. Now uncle sugar has promised 7 trillion in total bailouts. They dont really have the money but they say they do to keep it going a little longer. When the fed starts to print that kind of money and it takes a wheelbarrow of money to goet eggs then lookout thats all she wrote. Its comming and all we little guys can do is get ready and ride the wave out. I am getting a hold of as many guns as I can as well as ammo for everything I own cause we might not be able to get it easily soon. I am making shure my family will surive. We can all make shure of that, just make shure you have enough to get through the first 6mos. After that it will be over and life goes on or we will be fighting over the scraps trying to rebuild a new USA.[xx(][xx(][8]
    edited November -1
    'The 3% is starting to get fed up'
    1. From what I read here they are already fed up, not just starting!
    2. 3% is not and never has been enough to matter, let alone effect any change!
    Reality sucks some times don't it???[;)]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    'The 3% is starting to get fed up'
    1. From what I read here they are already fed up, not just starting!
    2. 3% is not and never has been enough to matter, let alone effect any change!
    Reality sucks some times don't it???[;)]

Oh really?
    edited November -1
    3% is not and never has been enough to matter, let alone effect any change!

They mattered and effected quite a change over 200 years ago.

For the future, we shall see, but history has a way of repeating itself.
    edited November -1
    3% is not and never has been enough to matter, let alone effect any change!

They mattered and effected quite a change over 200 years ago.

For the future, we shall see, but history has a way of repeating itself.

Not with 3% they did not fire dude. This is the point you all seen to miss. You need to drastically increase that # if you wish to accomplish ANY change.
    At ten fold (30%) you can get your point across and people will HAVE TO listen. At about 15% they will notice. So keep on keeping on. I wish you luck!!![:)]
    edited November -1
    Not with 3% they did not fire dude.

Yes, with 3% they did Jim Rau.
    edited November -1
    Not with 3% they did not fire dude.

Yes, with 3% they did Jim Rau.

What ever you say! After all the CA's are ALWAYS RIGHT!!!![;)]
    By the way firedude, this is probably the silliest thing I have ever seen you post![;)]
    edited November -1
    Go find out for yourself what the percentage was that took up arms in the Revolution before revealing your lack of knowledge of your own history.
    edited November -1
    By the way firedude, this is probably the silliest thing I have ever seen you post!

Then evidently, you haven't read too many of them.

[:D][:0][:o)][;)][:(!][}:)][B)][:0][:(!][:D][;)][:0][:o)][:D][;)][:(!]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By the way firedude, this is probably the silliest thing I have ever seen you post!

Then evidently, you haven't read too many of them.

[:D][:0][:o)][;)][:(!][}:)][B)][:0][:(!][:D][;)][:0][:o)][:D][;)][:(!]

[:)][:)]
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Go find out for yourself what the percentage was that took up arms in the Revolution before revealing your lack of knowledge of your own history.

Do you honestly believe only 3 people out of 100 supported the Revolutionary War. Give me a break, please!!![:D]
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    From- http://www.state.de.us/facts/ushist/revfacts.htm
    By 1779, there were more Americans fighting with the British than with Washington!

There were no less than 21 regiments (estimated to total 6,500 to 8,000 men) of loyalists in the British army. Washington reported a field army of 3,468. About a third of Americans opposed the Revolution.

At Yorktown, the victory that won the war, Frenchman outnumbered Americans almost three to one!

Washington had 11,000 men engaged in the battle, while the French had at least 29,000 soldiers and sailors. The 37 French ships-of-the-line played a crucial role in trapping the 8,700 strong British army and winning the engagement.

From- http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/H/1994/ch3_p14.htm
    Americans today think of the War for Independence as a revolution, but in important respects it was also a civil war. American Loyalists, or "Tories" as their opponents called them, opposed the Revolution, and many took up arms against the rebels. Estimates of the number of Loyalists range as high as 500,000, or 20 percent of the white population of the colonies.

Here's another good one.
    http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761569964/american_revolution.html

Of a population estimated at 2.5 million??? Somewhat less than 3% even if you include the French assistance. Just a few links-I am positive you can find more.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codenamepaul
    From- http://www.state.de.us/facts/ushist/revfacts.htm
    By 1779, there were more Americans fighting with the British than with Washington!

There were no less than 21 regiments (estimated to total 6,500 to 8,000 men) of loyalists in the British army. Washington reported a field army of 3,468. About a third of Americans opposed the Revolution.

At Yorktown, the victory that won the war, Frenchman outnumbered Americans almost three to one!

Washington had 11,000 men engaged in the battle, while the French had at least 29,000 soldiers and sailors. The 37 French ships-of-the-line played a crucial role in trapping the 8,700 strong British army and winning the engagement.

From- http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/H/1994/ch3_p14.htm
    Americans today think of the War for Independence as a revolution, but in important respects it was also a civil war. American Loyalists, or "Tories" as their opponents called them, opposed the Revolution, and many took up arms against the rebels. Estimates of the number of Loyalists range as high as 500,000, or 20 percent of the white population of the colonies.

Here's another good one.
    http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761569964/american_revolution.html

Of a population estimated at 2.5 million??? Somewhat less than 3% even if you include the French assistance. Just a few links-I am positive you can find more.

Obovisly you know very little about the logistics of war. For every one (1) who is under arms there are 15 to 20 in support. [?]
    I will say it again, do you honestly believe only 3 out of every 100 people supported the Revolutionary War? Give me a break, please!!![^]
    If it only takes 3% what is stopping you all from making the changes you want to see made?? Do you have a boxcar tied to your *???[}:)]
    You say above 1/3 opposed the war, then 2/3 supported it? Last time I did fractions that is 66.7%![:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Obovisly you know very little about the logistics of war. For every one (1) who is under arms there are 15 to 20 in support.

You speak of modern war. You are totally ignorant of the Minutemen.

I will not do your research for you. Educate yourself.