In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Threat of Gun Control and the Obama Administration

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Obama along with most Democrats are going to ban hanguns and semi- automatic rifles or make it so hard to get one and legally keep it soon,in my mind.On the national news this evening there was a story on how Children are dying in Chicago.It's just a matter of time before they will grab your rights and abolish them,it's in the cards and they are just waiting for the right time to spring into action,like another mass killing or an uprising of a group of people with guns.In any case it's inevitable it's coming.

serf

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977721774

Comments

• darkwaterdarkwater Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wait a minute, now...let me get this straight...Chicago has had a handgun ban in effect since 1982, and kids there are still dying from them? So, the ban isn't working because criminals still have handguns? I'm not surprised...
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember that the government can and will scan your house with a gama ray scanner.They will be portable soon enough,Just a thought to consider when they start driving down into your neighborhood.

serf

http://www.instrotek.com/homeland_security_products.php

http://sandbox.opsi.gov.uk/paper/cm/5387/chapter/6
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf
    Remember that the government can and will scan your house with a gama ray scanner.They will be portable soon enough,Just a thought to consider when they start driving down into your neighborhood.

serf

que sera, sera.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They know where I live and won't have trouble finding me. I am sure it is widely known what I have but getting them is another story.
  • 44mag44mag Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope I am right in my thoughts of banning guns. My theory is (again, hopefully I am right) we will see no gun control until after the 2010 elections. I believe that the dumbocrats are smart enough to realize that they would probably get ousted if they voted for gun control. Even now, some of obamas dumbocrats are turning against him and his popularity is dropping. If, the dumbocrats get relected then, we are in deep doo-doo. If the Republicians take over just either the House or the Senate, we will be saved and maybe obama will get the boot. Now, don`t think I am a Republician fan because I do feel Bush let the party down big time, but, I certainly am not a dumbcorat.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Whew! I certainly am glad that I sold all of my guns and ammunition!
  • Target-EdTarget-Ed Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THankfully midterm elections are in 14 months. I sincerely hope that the Republicans and Conservatives will come back and take back our House ofRepresentatives and Senate.
    I have already had enough of the idea of Socialized Medicine hidden under the sheeps clothing of health insurance reform, Cash for Clunkers, the bail out of GM and Chrysler(mind you not a publicly traded company)
    We all need to go back and read our founding fathers works including "The Federalist Papers", the Anti Federalist Papers etc read them with an open mind and you will see all that our founding fathers feared appears to be comingg true.

I keep my weapons with 2 full clips/magazines each

Ed
    edited November -1
    What conservatives? Name one.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:I sincerely hope that the Republicans and Conservatives will come back and take back our House ofRepresentatives and Senate

Hhehehhehhhehhhhhhheeee.

Such simple minds that flourish here in America, today.
    It is a wonder how they function enough to not drizzle body fluids down their pants legs on a regular basis...assuming, of course, they even manage to pull ON a pair of pants...
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    So........two members with identical number of posts who joined 6 days apart from one another posting in the same thread...one right after another.........good golly I love it.........
  • mikemassmikemass Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What I don't understand is why the politicians think that controlling guns works in the favor of GOOD Citizens. The people they are most concerned with having weapons... are criminals... and by definition, break the law. A very interesting concept...
    Whereas good citizens who only seek to use their weapons for sport, and or self-defense will be the ones who may actually follow new regulations and give up their weapons, subsequently putting them at the mercy of the Criminals, who again... break the law, keep their guns, and can now Rob/Assault anyone and everyone who USED to have a gun at the home because they know the likelihood of someone having one has gotten much lower which makes their trespass easier. Does this make sense at all? I do not believe that people will become criminals because they own a gun. Nor are they more likely to hurt anyone.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by serf:

Obama along with most Democrats are going to ban hanguns and semi- automatic rifles or make it so hard to get one and legally keep it soon,in my mind.

HMMMMMMM.

I give not a schit. What I have, I have, and I will keep every GD one of them. I will not surrender my firearms. I will not get a license. I will not register anything. I will not pay a 'tax'.

You can call it civil disobedience or open defiance; either way, I really don't give a rat's *. I am a citizen. Now, I may live as a citizen, or, I may die as one, but I can assure you that I will not live as a subject.

On the national news this evening there was a story on how Children are dying in Chicago.It's just a matter of time before they will grab your rights and abolish them,it's in the cards and they are just waiting for the right time to spring into action,like another mass killing or an uprising of a group of people with guns.

'Grab my rights and abolish them', huh?

Government can neither grant nor take rights. Rights are abolished when folks willingly surrender them.

That is not on my list of things to do. Not now, not ever.

In any case it's inevitable it's coming.

What's coming? Trampling on the citizens' liberty? That's not 'coming', it is already here, and has been for quite some time.

As for a grab, 'Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in', yes, I agree that it is coming. Problem is, I am from NC, a 'Tarheel' (research the origins of that moniker), and I have a rebellious streak.
  • thundercowboythundercowboy Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got an email today about the possibility of a bill that has been passed requiring registration and taxation.
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thundercowboy
    I got an email today about the possibility of a bill that has been passed requiring registration and taxation.

So[?] the point being.......... dont even say H.R.45[xx(]
  • miker4_umiker4_u Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1

serf

That's why you have them buried in a place not at home. Keep one at home and the rest in several area's with ammo.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    What's a gun?[;)]
  • sticks1sticks1 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a hunch that the banning of guns that is freaking everyone out is nothing more than a ploy by business to drive the cost of guns up so that profits can soar. It's just like what so many GB members have done with the price of primers. You can't buy them in the stores but you can buy them here for $50 a box. Thanks for the gouging guys. By the way, I'll be keeping my guns too!
    edited November -1
    quote:Thanks for the gouging guys.

Gouging ?

Some of us have been telling you for ten years..20, perhaps, to stock up on ammunitions and supplies.

Sorry about the new guys..but gunners that have been in the game for more then a couple years have themselves to blame for no ammo...
  • Wild-LifeWild-Life Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From My Cold dead Hands!
  • woodguruwoodguru Member Posts: 2,850
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:I sincerely hope that the Republicans and Conservatives will come back and take back our House ofRepresentatives and Senate

Hhehehhehhhehhhhhhheeee.

Such simple minds that flourish here in America, today.
    It is a wonder how they function enough to not drizzle body fluids down their pants legs on a regular basis...assuming, of course, they even manage to pull ON a pair of pants...

There's a lot of drool and other body fluids in some of the keyboards being used here.[:D]
  • e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just keep them low until 2010 then We can throw the Liberals out of office and then most of the problems will be over and We can start reversing the stuff They did.
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e3mrk
    Just keep them low until 2010 then We can throw the Liberals out of office and then most of the problems will be over and We can start reversing the stuff They did.

Hopefully we can reverse things and once again have the utopia we enjoyed a few years ago.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Hopefully, this is a post based on ignorance, although how one can be ignorant and at the same time, a thinking human in these times, is a far reach.

Yep, let's play the age old game of 'us and them', 'Democrats and Republicans', 'right and left' and 'liberal and conservative'.

That is a certain fix and we all know that once the GOP is in the drivers seat, those big-government excesses, extra-constitutional and anti-constitutional programs and actions, will be rolled back just as fast as you can say 'founding principles', huh?

A simple historical overview, coupled with a simple use of the Constitution as a yardstick to measure your 'supposition's' past success, will shed all the light on this that is needed.

Amazing...
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson

Hopefully we can reverse things and once again have the utopia we enjoyed a few years ago.

[:)][:D][:)]
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • nobama13186nobama13186 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet there are post from some fbi agent on here trying to see what we will say..
  • johnhardyjohnhardy Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never seen anything in the Constitution that gives the gvt any right to tax,or limit in any way my personal right to keep and bear arms,but it is clearly stated that this individual right shall not be abridged,,then where is the legality of a permit to carry or any form of registration...Let's get back to the Constitution!!!
    edited November -1
    Me too![;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nobama13186
    I bet there are post from some fbi agent on here trying to see what we will say..
    Who Care's! They can shove it were the sun don't shine are far as I'm concerned!
    edited November -1

Gouging ?

Some of us have been telling you for ten years..20, perhaps, to stock up on ammunitions and supplies.

Sorry about the new guys..but gunners that have been in the game for more then a couple years have themselves to blame for no ammo...
    HB, there is an article in my monthly AGI magazine that I found to be interesting and hopefully true.

The author says he's interviewed the CEOs of the various US ammunition manufacturers and received the same story from each - several very large orders for ammunition, especially .380, 9mm parabellum, .45 ACP, 5.56 x 45mm, and .308 Winchester, from the US government to supply both our military and several foreign militaries, as well as US LEO agencies, not to mention recent panic buying by folks like us, basically caught them flat-footed and all inventory was depleted immediately.

The manufacturers say that they are all in full production and plan to catch up with the demand within one or two years.

I don't have any reason to believe that they are lying, but who knows? I suppose that the article could have been a plant designed to make us breathe easier and stop stockpiling ammo, but I'd think that sort of thing would have come from the New York Times or some such.
    edited November -1
    Rock ;
    The locals claim that the government has contracted for the entire production of military calibers from commercial ammunition companies for 5 years, minus 15 percent for civilian usage.

The companies are cranking out those military rounds and ignoring the rest.
    We are lied to on a daily basis by government and business..who is to know the truth ?
    I just know one thing...the local shops still are claiming that they order 20 cases, and get two.
  • Explorer1Explorer1 Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What conservatives? Name one.

Sarah Palin - one of the VERY few! May want to include Bob Barr, B-1 Bob (Dornan), Ron Paul, the list is short, most all on the marginalized persons list...
  • blackmesariflecoblackmesarifleco Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Gouging ?

What I considered stocked up then and what I consider stocked up now are two different things. LOL I may buy some more at the gouging prices from what I'm reading.
  • TommyLaw9TommyLaw9 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1

serf

This is false. Your 4th amendment right protects against this.

also, Obama has enlarged gun control since he has been elected. Dont forget he signed the credit card bill which had pork in it for carrying loaded/concealed weapons in national parks.

you just cant blow out the 2nd amendment or wait for the perfect time to "spring" into action...

checks and balances my friend.
    edited November -1
    quote:This is false. Your 4th amendment right protects against this.
    Simple amazing.
    There are ACTUALLY people here in America that REALLY believe this nonsense ?
    That the government...ANY government...ALWAYS exceeds its mandates...Constitution or no ?
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson

Yeah, hopefully......[xx(][xx(][xx(]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:This is false. Your 4th amendment right protects against this.
    Simple amazing.
    There are ACTUALLY people here in America that REALLY believe this nonsense ?
    That the government...ANY government...ALWAYS exceeds its mandates...Constitution or no ?

He's a college kid HB. Maybe the mere fact that he is here looking, might be a good sign? Might take it easy on him for a bit and see if he digs into the archives to read, and un-indoctrinate himself. It has happened before.
  • TommyLaw9TommyLaw9 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is amazing is that people actually believe Obama is going to steal all their guns, demilitarize our military bases, and enact sweeping legislation to ban the firearms trade!

I live in San Diego/Long Beach, I am so thankful there is an assault weapon ban and pretty strict gun control here...

However I sleep with a loaded .45 less than a foot away from my bed because regardless of whatever safeguards we have in place, people always find a way around them...and I don't want that a-hole coming in my house...regardless of if he is wearing a military uniform or a ski-mask.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TommyLaw9
    I am so thankful there is an assault weapon ban and pretty strict gun control here...
    After a statement like that jpwolf, I SERIOUSLY doubt there is any hope. [V]
    edited November -1
    I can smell an anti-gunner 1500 miles away....

'be gentle on him' ?, JP ? How about we ask him if he voted for obam, or pelosia, or whichever puke has come out of california lately ?