In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"pre-ban" still applies in some states?

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
quote:Originally posted by Josey1
Actually if you live in a state such as NY, you still must buy preban mags and firearms to comply with state law. Unfortunately I have been in NY since I took ill and will need to find someone in a free state who owns a preban Beta C mag who is willing to sell it to me for the price of two new Beta C mags that they can now purchase legally.

Now isn't this going to be a big can of worms for those who live in weak second amendment states?

"I swear officer, it's a pre-ban!"

"We'll just impound it until you can prove that."

avitar.jpg
Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

Lafayette.gif

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, this is the exact lunacy that DOES occur in these such states. For example, California has its own AWB and hi-cap mag restrictions. If you own a 10+ round magazine in California then you better be prepared to prove how you got it. I often wondered "how would they know if it was pre-ban?". I could have easily traveled to Nevada and bought a hi-cap magazine and brought it into California, how would the law know if I had it before or after the ban?

But why would I want to risk it? If it was somehow shown that I did smuggle such an item into California after the band then I would not only be liable for possess the item, but for traffiking illegal arms! I'm sure that would put me in the slammer for quite a while.

-WW

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • Options
    gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the state of california going to do ....post the C.H.P. on every road leading into the state ? dont we have enough issues with every thing else going on?
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently not. There are too many celebs there to concern the state with to care about your safety, but they have no problem busting you guys for no legitimate reason.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.