In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I find it funny...

mjmcgmjmcg Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
I think it's funny that in a disguised attempt to 'fight crime' anti gun legislators hide their feeble attempts to ultimately ban anyone from any firearm, they make it more difficult for responsible citizens to obtain and own firearms, while completely missing the point that CRIMINALS are already in possession of and despite the laws in effect now, will always obtain and possess illegal weapons! They ignore that fact that statistically speaking tighter gun laws have not decreased crimes as they would have us believe, because it's not the people who are forced to abide by the ever tightening and restrictive laws that are out there committing violent crimes and toting illegal firearms, it's the CRIMINALS who already are!! What, you make a new law that says you can't own a particularly equipped rifle now and they think that criminals are saying to themselves 'aw shucks, now what are we gonna do?' not hardly folks, to a criminal an unregistered illegal weapon is an unregistered illegal weapon period. But on the other hand, Joe Good Guy now has a tougher time obtaining a new firearm for weekends at the club, or next hunting season or for whatever non-criminal use he may have in mind for recreational shooting fun. I really worry for the state of affairs in the years to come and I really have a sense of fear when it comes to certain legislators and politicians. Fears well founded. Here in NY you govern and dictate to me that I can not possess a firearm with certain 'features' i.e. flash hider, pistol grip, hi-cap mags, bayonet lugs etc... that I am relegated to defending my home in accordance with the letter of the law, but I ask you this: is the guy who breaks into my home with hostile intentions bound by the same regulations? The answer is no, whiles he's shooting up my house and family with a fully automatic carbine with 30 round mags and a collapsible stock, I'll be asking him for a 'time out' from the shooting while I reload after 10 rounds and stumble my around through a doorway with my fixed length stock. I know I'm stretching the boundaries of reality here in what I would ever expect to find myself in as far as this circumstance, but the fact remains that my point is terribly valid just the same. So I drop a hi-cap mag and a collapsible stock onto my AR and suddenly now I'M the class D felon??? Something is in need a of a fix here somewhere!

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Welcome here.

quote:I think it's funny that in a disguised attempt to 'fight crime' anti gun legislators hide their feeble attempts to ultimately ban anyone from any firearm, they make it more difficult for responsible citizens to obtain and own firearms, while completely missing the point that CRIMINALS are already in possession of and despite the laws in effect now, will always obtain and possess illegal weapons! They ignore that fact that statistically speaking tighter gun laws have not decreased crimes as they would have us believe, because it's not the
    Now...your statements above. These people..the Elites..are not "Missing, Ignoring, Fighting Crime" or any other combination of words that can have a positive effect upon America..or Americans.

They are in a full court press to eradicate freedoms..trying to disarm you so that there is no possible resistance to total takeover.

THAT, friend, is the truth, the WHOLE truth...and nothing BUT the truth.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The point of any gun kontrol law is never to fight crime. It is to do the following things:

1. To make you more dependent on a gov't entity.
    2. To disarm you for future plans, including genocide.
    3. With every passage of some new gun kontrol law, it makes things worse, thus 'justifying' new laws.
    4. To keep you from killing ATF agents when they unlawfully enter your house.
    5. To make criminals of men unlawfully.
    6. To enhance bureaucracy, and create more hoops to jump through in an attempt to dissuade you from protecting yourself.
    7. To usher in a police state.

To fight crime by disarming the victims is to fight fire with a flamethrower.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is needed are Government Officials/Police Departments with Balls and laws like In Kennesaw, Georgia. Criminals steer clear for easier pickin's elsewhere.

Kennesaw sticks to its guns: Law requires firearms.

I Am Amazed This Article Got Published In That Left Wing Rag Called The "Atlanta Journal And Constitution"

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/cobb/stories/2007/02/18/0219kengun.html
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel
    What is needed are Government Officials/Police Departments with Balls and laws like In Kennesaw, Georgia. Criminals steer clear for easier pickin's elsewhere.

Kennesaw sticks to its guns: Law requires firearms.

I Am Amazed This Article Got Published In That Left Wing Rag Called The "Atlanta Journal And Constitution"

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/cobb/stories/2007/02/18/0219kengun.html

Why are you amazed? The idea I had in mind was to make Kennesaw look like an unsafe place to even drive through. Fortunately, the upside is that some don't listen to Newspeak.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It did NOT surprise me that AJC tried to make the residents look like a group of redneck gun totin' thugs. Nor did their attempt to pass off the LAW as inconsequential by reason of ignorance of its very existence. Nor the fact that residents, that comply, don't even know where they put their gun.

What did surprise me is that they mentioned the LOW Crime Rate and that people move there BECAUSE OF the low crime rate. That the Police embrace and support the existence of this LAW. AND, that non-compliance is NOT a punishable OFFENCE.
  • mjmcgmjmcg Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just to clarify, I don't think anything I said was taken wrong, but in case someone else reading who may not have posted...I was not inferring that any of the anti-gun legislators were doing, or even pretending to do anything positive for us, but rather I was pointing out that in their endeavors to take away our rights they are always trying to make it look like they are serving some larger purpose for which we should all fall at their feet grateful for them for. I really didn't mean to make it sound like I was on their side or had fallen prey to their deceitful tactics in any way. As a matter of fact I am so disgusted with the state of affairs in the political arena where firearms is concerned I could I puke. I can't believe the things that are happening, it's very frustrating to say the least.

PS: anyone want one used Hillary?...we're done with her, it's time someone else got stuck with her for a while!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:mjmcg
    I am sure also that nobody 'took you wrong'..I naturally wished to condense your statement down to a sound bite...since that is a popular method of communication today.

I actually believe in simple and direct..since the garbage that is ruining this country believe in endless rhetoric to confuse the people.
    Once again...I did NOT assume you to be anti-gun...as so many gun-owners ARE.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjmcg
    PS: anyone want one used Hillary?...we're done with her, it's time someone else got stuck with her for a while!
    Maybe we could stick her with Ted Kennedy for a while. Could we get so lucky that he would give her a ride across the Chappaquiddick? Well, partway across anyway. [}:)]