In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

To the untruthful

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
Why is it today people DON'T want the truth? How did we get to this point and time where the TRUTH was not PARAMOUNT?
Studies have shown that people when meeting someone new, will lie about something in less than 5 minutes. I can't point you there, but have seen it.
Politicians constantly lie. Newsgroups constantly lie. Posters to this forum lie (at least some). At what point does the lying end?
As ugly as the TRUTH might be, why are people so intent on selling a lie?

Is it not REASONABLE to belive that, BEFORE any change can happen with ANYTHING that TOTAL honesty MUST come first? Lets just take THIS for an example:
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Sounds simple to me. I belive that it allows all citizens to keep any small arms and that the government (state, local, and federal) CAN NOT make ANY laws to stop said citizens to own them. The former statement does NOT include specifics like "machine gun", "select fire", "caliber size", "magizine capicity" or the like. Now taking what I said into consideration, If I said a statement like "the 50 BMG should be outlawed because it serves no purpose". That statement would obviously nullify my belief in the shall not be infringed statement. Apply that to any other situation.
Obviously we have a cunudrum. Either people do NOT belive as they say or they do NOT think about the words coming from their mouths when making contridictory statements. Either way, you in the very least appear to be dishonest.

Where I am going with this:
To those whom are wishy-washy liar types, stop it. I see who you are. Set your standards higher and be TRUTHFUL. Don't play cat and mouse games, come out with it. IF you don't belive with every shred of your being, in the constitution and the bill of rights, then just say so. These games don't confuse me, they irritate me greatly. There may very well come a time when we have no choice but to depend on our fellow citizens. Whom of the liars think they are that grand to fool us that adhere strictly to the truth? There IS a reason why HONESTY IS the BEST policy.

Just a thought ......

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Well, Freemind;

You have crossed a threshold of no return.
    You will never again view your fellow man in the same light as before that public statement. Not your family, not your children, not your friend's...and certainly not public officials.

We could put in prison for life most public officials...and hold in rankest contempt most of America today, were we to actually hold their feet to the fire upon ONLY the MOST important issues facing us.

However...lying is profitable...and profit is the mantra of America today...and maybe always.

Also..by lying...the common herd out there is able to convince itself that they 'serve the Republic' by running down and voting for what they perceive as the 'least corrupt person' in the 'race'..the odd thing being..they call it a ' Democracy'..because of lying officials.

Now..just to be honest about things...I too lie. Just not about the Republic, and what I call American values...as nearly as I can hold to the truth. I have been forced to change some ideas...because of original research by others and myself...some on this forum.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Well, Freemind;

You have crossed a threshold of no return.
    You will never again view your fellow man in the same light as before that public statement. Not your family, not your children, not your friend's...and certainly not public officials.

We could put in prison for life most public officials...and hold in rankest contempt most of America today, were we to actually hold their feet to the fire upon ONLY the MOST important issues facing us.

However...lying is profitable...and profit is the mantra of America today...and maybe always.

Also..by lying...the common herd out there is able to convince itself that they 'serve the Republic' by running down and voting for what they perceive as the 'least corrupt person' in the 'race'..the odd thing being..they call it a ' Democracy'..because of lying officials.

Now..just to be honest about things...I too lie. Just not about the Republic, and what I call American values...as nearly as I can hold to the truth. I have been forced to change some ideas...because of original research by others and myself...some on this forum.

Highball
    What about Bill Clinton when he commited pergery on the stand in the court of law.....and nothing became of it. What a wonderful role model he is, lie on the stand and you get rewarded with a BJ in the oval office.

I understand the point you are trying to make here Freemind. Honesty is the foundation of deals, laws, relationships. Without honesty you have nothing. I don't trust politicians and lawyers-(I call them liars).
    Abort Cuomo
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    freemind:

That is a pretty powerful "statement". Trying the "Brutal Truth" tactic? Well, I sincerely hope I haven't made your list but, I trust you would tell me if I have. I can't explain why people lie but it seems to be conditioned into the mentality these days, that lying is OK, incrementally as with everything else, starting with the "White Lie". Gone are the days of a man's word are his bond and deals are made with a handshake!!!

You may find this amusing, as sad as it is:

March of the Morons : Jules Crittenden

"We live in a time of great moronitude. Morons, everywhere, rising from their morasses, massing and moving forward. In their multitudes, the morons march inexorably to the moronocy. The road is not easy. Some will fall by the way. Others, struggling moronically, will rise to blithering new heights of moronality."

So many links I can't recommend one over the other, they are all good,

And my favorite post: So many morons, so little moronicide.

http://www.julescrittenden.com/2007/04/27/march-of-the-morons/
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I am glad to hear from you all. I consider all posting thus far to be honest. It is important . If/when the day comes in reguards to civil war, I would not hesitate to try, convict, and exicute each and every last lying sleez bag. We would all be better off.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    I am glad to hear from you all. I consider all posting thus far to be honest. It is important . If/when the day comes in reguards to civil war, I would not hesitate to try, convict, and exicute each and every last lying sleez bag. We would all be better off.

Wouldn't that make you a lot like Hitler?
    No one person can be judge, jury,........and executioner, in our system.
    You say a lot of smart things,.......and I share your anger, but that was not the brightest post that you have ever made.
    Who knows,.....maybe I am one of the "liars" to you.
    Take care friend![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • jnormanhjnormanh Member Posts: 14
    edited November -1
    <<What about Bill Clinton when he commited pergery on the stand in the court of law.....and nothing became of it.>>

Clinton was tried by the US Senate on perjury charges. The verdict was NOT GUILTY. Get it? NOT GUILTY.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    [No one person can be judge, jury,........and executioner, in our system.
    You say a lot of smart things,.......and I share your anger, but that was not the brightest post that you have ever made.

AND if you would have thought before you answered, you would realize, in a WAR there are no trials on the battlefield.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jnormanh
    Clinton was tried by the US Senate on perjury charges. The verdict was NOT GUILTY. Get it? NOT GUILTY.

You are one of the most dishonest I have seen. You think your coy way of things hides who you are ..... I see you for the liar you are Tory. When/If the day comes of a revolution, whom will you follow then? Have you picked a nice new communist country to go to? Truely free men have no need of the likes of you ....
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't understand anti-gun people
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jnormanh
    <<What about Bill Clinton when he commited pergery on the stand in the court of law.....and nothing became of it.>>

jnormanh
    Were you not alive when Bill hung out in the Whitehouse ? Did you not see how our military was diminished and the terrorists gained strength when he was sleeping there ? Do you remember BOTH attacks by OSAMA on the Towers ? Close your eyes and go back in the corner where you belong.
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1
    <<Were you not alive when Bill hung out in the Whitehouse>>

Yep. He was a much better President than DumbYuh...and we're going to have another Clinton in '09.

So go sit in your corner and mumble "Clinton was guilty of perjury" until the cows come home.
    edited November -1
    <<your coy way of things hides who you are ..... >>

Coy way of things? Do you mean telling the truth about Clinton's acquital? HAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • Broomie2Broomie2 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About lying, I hear people say its only a lie if you get caught. Sad to think people can justify it. This isn't the same country I learned my morals in. Hey what do I know.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But you said you would try, convict, and execute!
    Maye you should read your own post before you basically call me a moron, for not knowing that there are no trials on the battlefield. You certainly implied a trial, and a conviction, by a dictator, or King, basically. Our founding fathers never intended that!
    Also, even though I certainly am very disappointed at Bush,.......anyone that loved Bill Clinton,.......and is looking forward to Hitlery,.........needs to have their head examined.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner