In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Accessories to Murder...

Old IronsightsOld Ironsights Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
Suppose I worked for you.

Suppose, when you hired me, I had sworn by everything I believed in to labor faithfully in your interests, to the very best of my ability.

Now suppose that we were walking down an alley when a figure with a nine-inch butcher knife sprang out from behind a dumpster and confronted you, demanding that you choose between your money and your life.

To your astonishment and dismay, instead of defending you (as I once promised), I grab you from behind and pin your arms so you can neither escape nor defend yourself, while the mugger goes through your pockets and takes everything valuable that you're carrying. When he whimsically decides to plunge his knife into your body, I ignore your screams, and even order you to shut up, while I hold you there as you're stabbed again and again and finally fall lifeless to the dirty pavement.

You're dead.

What does that make me?

You don't have to be a lawyer to understand that what it makes me is an accessory to armed robbery and murder, after, during, and (if I had planned to do it to you all along) before the act. I am a criminal co-conspirator. And to make things even worse, in this scenario, it turns out that I've somehow arranged things so that I may never be prosecuted for my crime, or held legally accountable for it in any way.

Morally, of course, I'm pond-scum. I'm as low and contemptible a creature as it's possible for a human being to be. I'm even lower than the basically honest and straightforward mugger who didn't work to gain and betray your trust, but simply took your life while robbing you. Any way you slice it (if you'll pardon the expression), I'm a cold-blooded killer. It doesn't matter that I didn't personally wield the knife. And if I do it often enough, to enough people, I'm a serial killer.

At this point, I want to make it clear that this is not a parable. It is not a metaphor, a simile, or any kind of analogy. It is an accurate, point-for-point description of the criminal behavior of the authorities in many of America's biggest cities -- New York, Chicago, Denver -- where you are forbidden to carry, or in some cases to own, a weapon of self-defense. Instead of using their resources to pursue criminals, the police in these jurisdictions are busy preventing you from exercising the unalienable individual, civil, Constitutional, and human right of every man, woman, and responsible child to obtain, own, and carry, openly or concealed, any weapon -- rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything -- any time, any place, without asking anyone's permission.

The crime I'm guilty of in my scenario is the crime they're guilty of in real life. Through force or the threat of force, they pin your arms and make you helpless while robbers, rapists, and killers do whatever they like with you. Certain of these authorities are even guiltier because they've mounted a deliberate, nation-wide effort to spread their particular kind of deadly criminality as far and wide as possible.

If you have any doubt about the mortal threat that their heinous, criminal, unconstitutional scheming poses to you and to yours, order the astonishing JPFO video documentary Innocents Betrayed, available at:

http://shop.jpfo.org/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=8

as well as the amazing book Death by Gun Control, which can be found at:

http://shop.jpfo.org/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=22

Foremost among these schemers is New York mayor Michael Bloomberg. The easiest thing in the world to forget is how it felt to be poor. And if you've never been poor (or even middle class), you might as well belong to a different species from the rest of us. Worth about $11.5 billion dollars, Bloomberg is rather typical of the arrogant, power-hungry "malefactors of great wealth" who are protected by heavily-armed bodyguards, go everywhere by armored limousine and helicopters, and who have no idea at all what it's like for ordinary people to work hard, struggle to pay the bills, and brave the savage jungles that victim disarmament has made out of America's once great cities.

See: http://www.jpfo.org/alerts/alert20070813.htm

You might also enjoy this, featuring Bloomberg's partner in victim disarmament, serial killing, and mass murder, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley: http://www.jpfo.org/images02/handbill-daley.jpg

According to University of Chicago Professor John R. Lott, Jr., writing in More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1998, p.159), his 15-year analysis of Federal Bureau of Investigation crime-data from every county in the U.S. (data Bloomberg and others of his ilk are certainly familiar with) confirms that counties permitting legal concealed-carry see significant reductions of crime, the largest occurring in big cities. Says Lott, the cost of denying individuals their legal and moral right to the means of self-defense is more violent crime: 1500 additional murders, 4,000 rapes, 11,000 armed robberies, and 60,000 aggravated assaults. In other words, 1500 individuals die each year for lack of a gun -- which makes officials like Bloomberg serial killers.

Mayors and other big city types hate the very idea of an armed citizenry because it makes their administrations look bad. From World War Two onward, violent crime in America's biggest cities rocketed upward, until it was predicted that something like one in three or four individuals would eventually become victims sometime in their lives.

Billions of dollars and millions of man-hours were thrown at the problem and it only seemed to make things worse -- although whenever a statistical blip occurred, and crime dropped by one or two or three percent, the bigwigs, stuffed shirts, and police brass slapped each other on the back and took credit for it, as if it actually meant something.

Then came a genuine revolution, sparked, I think, by movies like Death Wish (ironically, the Brian Garfield novel on which it was based was written from the opposite motive, as a cautionary tale against "vigilantism") and Dirty Harry. In spite of heartfelt pleas and dire threats from the police and others, ordinary people started arming themselves. Desperate to retain some appearance of control, state legislatures began changing carry laws -- Florida was the first -- making it microscopically easier for folks to defend themselves and violent crime began to plummet over the next 20 years or so, in double digits.

Even more significantly, the state of Vermont, which requires no such licensing or permit, enjoys the lowest violent crime rate in the nation.

Despite that lesson -- or more probably because of it and the way it makes them look -- cities like New York, Chicago, and Denver, and their mayors, Bloomberg, Richard Daley, and John Hickenlooper, cling to long-outdated notions about individual weapons ownership and self-defense. Denver has gone as far as declaring that because it's a "home rule" city, the Bill of Rights doesn't apply within the city limits -- and an impossibly idiotic or corrupt state supreme court has agreed.

In many ways these places are not the sophisticated, cosmopolitan hubs of Western Civilization they advertise themselves to be. They're smug, self-satisfied, backward, provincial potholes in the road, much more comparable to Oxford, Mississippi, Selma, Alabama, and other towns that fought against civil rights for black people in the 1950s, and their mayors are like the cliche overweight sheriffs and police chiefs with mirrored sunglasses standing in the way of moral and legal progress.

Nearly everywhere else in America, in rural areas and more and more small cities, the horrendous mid-20th century crime problem has been solved by the proper application of modern technology and the Second Amendment. Is it going to take a new generation of Freedom Riders -- or the domestic equivalent of the Nuremberg War Crimes trials -- to drag the big cities and their authorities into the 21st century?

Will they ever be punished for their many crimes? Of course they will, because we demand it and will never rest until justice has been served.

P.S. We have just learned that a U.S. Federal court of appeals has shoved a thumb in Michael Bloomberg's eye by ruling that a lawsuit he had mounted against the nation's gun manufacturers violates the 2005 Lawful Commerce in Arms Act -- designed to prevent this very kind of lawsuit.

Congratulations, court -- too bad, Bloomie!

L. Neil Smith
lneil@netzero.com

http://www.jpfo.org/smith/smith-bloomberg.htm

Comments

• triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ironhead says - Morally, of course, I'm pond-scum.

Yep.
  • Old IronsightsOld Ironsights Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by triple223tap
    Ironhead says - Morally, of course, I'm pond-scum.

Yep.
    Triple Tap, Mr Intellectually Dishonest, willfully ignores "attribution" and "fails to notice" that the author's name is at the bottom of the post, along with the link to the publishing website...

He also willfully extracts text out of context, demonstrating not only Intellectual Dishonesty, but Outright Fraud and Malice of Forethought.

But hey, being a Troll is what is important, not adressing the substance of the article... [}:)]
    edited November -1
    Iron head ignores facts, even when they are readily available. Intellectually dishonest.

Even more significantly, the state of Vermont, which requires no such licensing or permit, enjoys the lowest violent crime rate in the nation.

Nope. North Dakota has the lowest violent crime rate.

http://www.swivel.com/data_sets/show/1003602

Now watch Iron Head squirm about how I took THAT out of context. LMAO!
    edited November -1
    And here's the mother lode from Iron Head:

Nearly everywhere else in America, in rural areas and more and more small cities, the horrendous mid-20th century crime problem has been solved by the proper application of modern technology and the Second Amendment.

Actuallly, coming from IH, it should be called "load", because that's what it is.

Let's look at the truth and facts - you know the sort of examination which is unknown to Iron Head.

Vermont has the most permissive, the most liberal, guns laws in the country. They don't have any gun laws at all. Open carry, concealed carry, carry in your vehicle, do whatever you want.

And what has happened to the violent crime rate in VT? From 1995 to 2005, violent crime increased slightly in VT.

1995- 118.3 violent crimes per 100K.
    2005- 119.7

Now look at New Jersey which has very strict, conservative gun laws. What happened in NJ over the past ten years? Violent crime decreased by nearly half.

1995- 599.8 violent crimes per 100K
    2005- 354.7

How's that for addressing substance? Whine away, Iron Head.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of edits taking place in ole 3T's posts![:0]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Ya know Marc, When tripletripe plays his "numbers" crap in the politics forum, and TC spanks him for his dishonesty, he tries pulling his crap over here.

Tripletripe is quite dishonest. Nothing new.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    Ya know Marc, When tripletripe plays his "numbers" crap in the politics forum, and TC spanks him for his dishonesty, he tries pulling his crap over here.

He must be anti 2A.[xx(]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

He must be anti 2A.[xx(]

I would sermise you are correct.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

He must be anti 2A.[xx(]

The troll tripple tapped is the worst kind of antigun. He is the type that wants his guns, but you are not to have yours. He resembles the sort of kid that didn't get his * whipped enough by his parents.
    edited November -1
    Ya know Marc, When tripletripe plays his "numbers" crap in the politics forum, and TC spanks him for his dishonesty,

Naw, that's just what morons like you and Iron Head claim, because you prefer superstition and hate to be confused by facts. I gave you the link, go ahead and look yourself.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by triple223tap
    Ya know Marc, When tripletripe plays his "numbers" crap in the politics forum, and TC spanks him for his dishonesty,

Naw, that's just what morons like you and Iron Head claim, because you prefer superstition and hate to be confused by facts. I gave you the link, go ahead and look yourself.

bs_meter.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    triple223tap succeeds in getting this thread locked.