In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hey JPWolf!!

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
Hi Wolf. Hope you don't think I am arrorgant for trying to give you advice about how to expand gun rights, but you did ask for advice on another topic posting. Plus I think you and I are might be in somewhat similar circumstances regarding our jobs and you might like this idea I plan on using.

I am a proud member of the Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America union. A steward in fact. When I get a little time I want to contact many of the other unions in the K.C. area and try to organize competitive shooting teams. Union against union, etc. I think this might help gun rights in many ways. For example:

Unfortuently many union members are Democrats because the Republicans are usually anti-union. If more union members became avid gun owners and shooters, the might move more to the middle of the political spectum.

It might be easy for me to generate interest in friendly competition between such groups as unions (or any other similar formal organizations if you aren't associated with a union). This competition might draw more union members (and their friends and reletives) into becoming active gun owners. We might give out trophys for the top teams, or have a cash prize or give a few guns as prizes (all paid for by the fees paid to competite). Or we even might want to do some shoots for charity which would hopefully generate some positive media coverage for guns and gun owners. Plus this extra shooting and the shooters and extra business that go with it would be a help to the local indoor gun ranges that I think are struggling to survive.

If this idea takes off, I might try to mold it to help in other ways. Such as having an semi-auto rifle competition (probably at an outdoor range) which would mean more citizens now interested in not having their semi-autos outlawed.

Plus, the interaction between the different unions (there is none now at least as far as I know) would help unions and the American worker. (Note to anti-union people: I am talking about good well run unions that are honest, fair and only want a fair deal for the people who make the profit for the company: the workers. I don't like crooked unions anymore than anyone else).

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Excellent idea fox. I'm not in a union, yet, but this idea could work with about any group. I will have to join a union eventually as I am in the middle of becoming a pilot. Have to change careers, my back is going. Anyway, I can't wait to introduce some other pilots to the joy of shooting.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][V]
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    uh...longhunter..I'm not good at reading those different faces a lot of people are using. Does it mean you don't like the idea?

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    trfox,I'm sorry...was thinking of commenting,um,well honestly I am not sure the forum is or was the right place.? Anyhow the idea is fine in theory,it shows some real thought and planning and such.I would like to discuss what I was felling but would rather do it direct.Email???L.H.