In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

your enthusiast guns could become illegal

number77number77 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
thought i would share this i found in a camaro forum....
a law that is being voted on, that makes most of your enthusiast guns illegal
http://www.theorator.com/bills108/s1431.html

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    yep, pick pick pick away, while the masses sleep. The masses I speak of are perfectly represented next door in GD.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Something like this is EXACTLY what the folks next door NEED..to bring them out of their stupor of adoration for yet another politician selling their rights down the river.

I do not fear a bill like this..I welcome it.That and more is needed...
    Give me LIBERTY...or give me DEATH !!!!

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • hondohondo Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Almost as restrictive as the California AW laws. Does not reguire registration and issue of a special licsense to possess as Calif law does. Calif law also restricts where the AW my be fired and there is no provision for transfer of the weapon to another person when the registered owner dies or no longer wants it. It must be surrendered to law enforcement or removed from the State at that time. There are other provisions in Calif. version that are even more draconian. What interests me is that the wording is almost identical to that of the Calif AW laws. California Democratic State Senator Perata who was the sponser of the last all encompassing AW law here said at the time it was passed that it would be a model for the nation to follow. Evidently the two Democratic US Senators from NJ agree with him.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HONDO, Did you hear that the local sheriff revoked Perata's CCW? Seems like they want to be the only ones armed!
  • hondohondo Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was not aware of that trap55. Do you have a link?.......Hondo
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Senator Kerry is a co-sponsor of Senate Bill 1431.

Tell him what you think of him on his forum:
    http://forum.johnkerry.com/

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No link Hondo, i heard it on KSFO. Seems the Sheriff wanted to put him in his place. www.ksfo.com you can listen online, Melanie Morgan on the morning show is the one who started the Ca. recall. They talked about one for Perata but i don't know if it will happen yet. Working on a petition to combine both houses into one. This would eliminate alot of worthless law makers like Perata.
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My enthusiast guns are already more or less illegal. When I turn 21, I'll register a machinegun (keeping in mind it had to be registered to somebody before 1986). There is no real way for me to legally get an MP7 like I want because none were registered before 1986. (Sigh)