In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pa handgun transfer--- Father to son

cash777cash777 Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
cash777 asked this question.

Case- purchased a 1911 3 months ago' Now would like to give it to my son who is 1. over 21 2. Has purchased handguns in Pa. on his own. 3.has a concealed carry permit. Question. Do I need to do ffl check before giving it to him. Have already been told yes [better safe then sorry] No as long as you know he is not prohibited from having one ---- pfa -- drugs --felony etc. This was at two different gun shops. Thanks

Comments

• cash777cash777 Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Case- purchased a 1911 3 months ago' Now would like to give it to my son who is 1. over 21 2. Has purchased handguns in Pa. on his own. 3.has a concealed carry permit. Question. Do I need to do ffl check before giving it to him. Have already been told yes [better safe then sorry] No as long as you know he is not prohibited from having one ---- pfa -- drugs --felony etc. This was at two different gun shops. Thanks
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    My reply is in no way directed at you, sir, nor is it meant to apply to you in any manner. It is intended to illustrate a simple point....

Here we have another prime example of the terrifying and enraging state of affairs America is in reference individual liberty, firearms and the simple and absolute statement of "Shall Not Be Infringed".

What should be a no-brainer, simple issue, of a free-man gifting personal property to a family member, has now risen (or sunk) to the sad state where a free-man has to be worried about becoming a criminal over a simple gifting of a gun to his son.

A clear case of predatory-government and loss of individual liberty for any thinking man to see.

'Collectivism inevitably leads to totalitarianism'.

Here is another clear example of this simple truth and how it occurs.
  • cabnetmancabnetman Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And of course this thinking was caused by the NRA.[;)]
    edited November -1
    After I'm gone (dead) all my guns go to my son. I don't intend to handle that transfer thru any FFL. This is still America and we still have the 2nd amendment, thanks to the NRA. Right lt? [}:)][;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cabnetman
    After I'm gone (dead) all my guns go to my son. I don't intend to handle that transfer thru any FFL. This is still America and we still have the 2nd amendment, thanks to the NRA. Right lt? [}:)][;)]
    Are you really that ******?
    edited November -1
    And of course this thinking was caused by the NRA.[;)]
    Not caused, but certainly promoted, enhanced and reinforced.
    edited November -1
    Do you have any comment direct to the OP, or to my initial reply to the OP?

Something original and thought-provoking perhaps, either in support of the position I laid out, or in opposition to it?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    My reply is in no way directed at you, sir, nor is it meant to apply to you in any manner. It is intended to illustrate a simple point....

Here we have another prime example of the terrifying and enraging state of affairs America is in reference individual liberty, firearms and the simple and absolute statement of "Shall Not Be Infringed".

What should be a no-brainer, simple issue, of a free-man gifting personal property to a family member, has now risen (or sunk) to the sad state where a free-man has to be worried about becoming a criminal over a simple gifting of a gun to his son.
    A clear case of predatory-government and loss of individual liberty for any thinking man to see.

'Collectivism inevitably leads to totalitarianism'.

Here is another clear example of this simple truth and how it occurs.

Yep,.....all I have to say.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    Do you have any comment direct to the OP, or to my initial reply to the OP?

Something original and thought-provoking perhaps, either in support of the position I laid out, or in opposition to it?

Lt, I have come to the conclusion that I can't tell you anything, because you know it all, or at least you think you know it all. Sooooo, enough said.[;)]
  • IfticarIfticar Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1

You saw an opportunity to crap on the thread so you did.
  • cash777cash777 Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From doing my research at NRA/ILA firearms law for Pa.I think this would fall under the exempt rule since he has a carry permit already and it would be legal to give/lend him a handgun.I e-mailed this question also to Pa firearms owners association and waiting a reply. Thanks
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ifticar

You saw an opportunity to crap on the thread so you did.
    No, I used the topic to illustrate a simple truth. That's what I do.

'You' simply don't like that simple truth, because you are, to some degree, in support of government infringement on the RKBA.

You prefer the 'privilege' to bear arms.

It is as simple as that.

Actually, I don't see you offering any advice to the OP, yet you found the time to 'stalk' a proponent of limited government and of individual liberty.

Wonder why?

Actually, the posters question would better be directed to some 'official' in Pennsylvania, rather than to a group of people on an anonymous discussion forum.

Who the hell would act on such non-official advice if they really feared the questioned act could result in a criminal act?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I understand the fear that causes a man to ask such a question.

What I cannot understand is the mewling, drooling, belly-crawling half-men that persist in attacking those maintaining a Constitutional posture in these matters.

Being weak themselves, they hate and fear those with principles.

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
    Most will find out the hard way how very wrong the government is..when the sweeps start, and the slit trenches begin to fill.
  • PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To actually answer the man's question, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania all handguns must be "transferred", subjected to the process of state law, RIGHT or WRONG. An FFL in the state can effect the transfer. Of course it sucks! But it is the current law in the state. We all have the right to obey the law, or not; to try to change it through legal means in whatever way we can.