In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

INDiana-Alert-6 gun & CCW BAN bills pending

falupfalup Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
Contact all your reps and friends immediately.

call your rep and reference:
HB1203,HB1204,HB1205, HB1206, HB1207, HB1208.
These basically ban gunshows, ALL semi auto HANDGUNS, ALL "assault weapons", and any caliber revolver other than .38 special for CCW, Immediately revoke ALL CCW permits and require a
one location only expensive multi day course + a $250 fee- and after all that it all has to be repeated every 2 years.
If nothing else email them that you are totally against any restrictions concerning these issues.
It isn't time for apathy
http://www.isrpa.org/house_bills.html

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by falup
    It isn't time for apathy
    Agreed.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guarantee they will all go down.

But I would let the appropriate civil servant know where you stand on this, anyway.

It has occured to me that stuff like this was introduced to Florida and it got no where. I bet this is a flex of political muscle, to show the country where Indiana stands on these political positions.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • remingtongeoremingtongeo Member Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    I just read the bills again and they have been amended to death in less than two months. HB 1203 is still in comittee and will never get out, as will all the rest of the list. Contact the comittee members at this point and ask them to kill these bills. The senators and congressmen can't do anything until these bills get back on the floor. We have to follow all of these junk bills that get introduced and kill them as soon as we can. That means it should die in comitee and never get back on the floor of the house to even be considered. Keep an eye ISRPA web site and keep up the good fight.

NRA life member, instructor and coach.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All that tells me is that there are some in the minority trying to inflate themselves to look like they represent a majority, which they do not, and keep up a losing battle.

Don't ask me why someone would bother.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Texas Gun RunnerTexas Gun Runner Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder... What ever happened to the Senators and Congressmen representing the PEOPLE? I thought that was why they play to the constituents during elections. People in Indiana need to kick these monkeys out of office. Hope they can put this stupidity down, so other states don't have precedent to point at in banning the 2nd ammendment![:(!]

Rebellion to Tyrants is obedience to God--Thomas Jefferson
    The only way Governments can induce citizens to surrender their rights is convincing them that by doing so, they will gain a measure of safety in exchange.--Thomas Jefferson