In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Urgent: Pro-Gun Resolutions in Kansas Need Your He

idahogunbrokeridahogunbroker Member Posts: 131 ✭✭
Urgent: Pro-Gun Resolutions in Kansas Need Your Help!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Please Contact Your State Representative Immediately!

Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 1611, sponsored by State Senator Mike Petersen (R-28), successfully passed out of the Senate today by a vote of 39 to 1. SCR 1611 is now up for consideration by the full House of Representatives, which could be happen as early as today. If SCR 1611 passes in the House, it will then be placed on the 2010 General Election Ballot.

House Concurrent Resolution No. 5017, is the House companion bill to SCR 1611, and is currently awaiting action in the House. These important Second Amendment resolutions are constitutional amendments that would change the wording of Section 4 of the Kansas Constitution to preserve and reflect an individual right, not a collective one.

A 1905 Kansas Supreme Court ruling stated that the original language of Section 4 of the Kansas Constitution, as written, is a "collective right" not an "individual right." Both SCR 1611 and HCR 5017 would change that and preserve an individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Bill Butler NRA Recruiter

It is imperative that you contact your State Representative at once and respectfully urge them to support both SCR 1611 and HCR 5017. Also, please thank your State Senator today for supporting this important legislation. Contact information for your legislators can be found here.

Copyright 2009, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I appreciate your efforts and especially since I live in KS, I will do what I can. But you are wasting your time asking for help in such an endeavor. The louts here on the Gun Rights Forum will always refuse any and all request to help politically to pass/stop a pro/anti-gun bill. Instead they offer a reason (excuse really) for sitting on their Canary * (Ya' happy with that Pickenup?) and doing nothing to help those of us still in the political fight.

They will hide behind their computers and do nothing but pound their keyboards as they brag and congratulate each other on how aggresive and brave they will be in the gun fight that they seem to hope will occur when and if the US Govt. tries to take our guns.

Of course it is actually funny as those same rangers sit on their Canary * (O.K. with that pickenup?) and do ABSOULTELY nothing but pound their keyboard. One would think that if they are so aggressive and geared up for civil war, at least once in a while they would report back about how they ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING AGAINST THAT GOVERNMENT THEY HATE.

But no, all they is pose and brag and threaten. I wish America had enemies that were so dedicated to doing nothing. Then we could relax and forget about such enemies.
  • afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    someone needs to poof it. permanently.
  • 1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pay no attention to tr, he has some anger management issues. He also LOVES the NRA even though it has been pointed out to him that they support laws that erode the 2nd amendment. Because others on here choose to support REAL pro 2nd groups and not the faux one like tr it ruffles his feathers and he, much like a 6 year old, resorts to name calling and throwing a temper tantrum.[:(]
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911 Gunslinger
    Pay no attention to tr, he has some anger management issues. He also LOVES the NRA even though it has been pointed out to him that they support laws that erode of the 2nd amendment. Because others on here choose to support REAL pro 2nd groups and not the faux one like tr it ruffles his feathers and he, much like a 6 year old, resorts to name calling and throwing a temper tantrum.[:(]

Actually most here don't support any pro-gun rights group. You would know that if you bothered to press them for an answer. Of course that would force you to see reality and I know you and others here want to avoid that at all costs.
  • 1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    quote:Originally posted by 1911 Gunslinger
    Pay no attention to tr, he has some anger management issues. He also LOVES the NRA even though it has been pointed out to him that they support laws that erode of the 2nd amendment. Because others on here choose to support REAL pro 2nd groups and not the faux one like tr it ruffles his feathers and he, much like a 6 year old, resorts to name calling and throwing a temper tantrum.[:(]

Actually most here don't support any pro-gun rights group. You would know that if you bothered to press them for an answer. Of course that would force you to see reality and I know you and others here want to avoid that at all costs.

You, tr, are the one who tries to avoid seeing the reality. The reality is that the NRA has supported many of the gun laws now on the books. That doesn't sound like a actual pro gun organization to me bud.They may have done a few good things but that doesn't make them good OVERALL. Hitler did some good things but was still a murderer and a madman.
    edited November -1
    what a sad display...
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:The louts here on the Gun Rights Forum will always refuse any and all request to help politically to pass/stop a pro/anti-gun bill.True to form, you assume much and know little.

Tr's normal recipe for a post, a sprinkling of exaggeration, a pinch of misdirection and a healthy dose of lie.

Go figure....
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Go figure....

If there were anything to figure...