In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CCW in Delaware...question?

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
I am submitting my application for CCW in Delaware (very hard to get but hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones). My question is, on the application there is a spot to enter your reason for wanting the CCW permit. Can anyone give me any reasons I should or should not put on the application for any reason? Mostly I want it b/c my job requires me to go into bad areas of the city at night, personal protection, etc. But I don't want to get declined b/c some judge didn't like my reasoning.

A. Golden
S&W .357 mag
S&W SW99
Desert Eagle .50AE
Always looking for more!

Comments

• mr spikemr spike Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Self Protection is what i would give as a reason an its call the 'KIS' Principlal: "keep it simple" an if i had to go before a Judge i would Hire a Lawyer to talk for me
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry I can not help you. Never seen that question before, would not know what the "judge" wants to hear. Hopefully someone will come along that can help you. Will be interesting to see an answer.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since that is what you have to get 5 good citizens to swear to, it should be a good enough reason.

(2) At the same time the person shall file, with the Prothonotary, a certificate of 5 respectable citizens of the county in which the applicant resides at the time of filing the application. The certificate shall clearly state that the applicant is a person of full age, sobriety and good moral character, that the applicant bears a good reputation for peace and good order in the community in which the applicant resides, and that the carrying of a concealed deadly weapon by the applicant is necessary for the protection of the applicant or the applicant's property, or both. The certificate shall be signed with the proper signatures and in the proper handwriting of each such respectable citizen;
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I would hope that the 5 references would be enough but I know it is not. Delaware has a very high rate of denial for a CCW. I think I read somewhere that there are only 1,100 people in the state who have a CCW (now I know we are a small state but that is still low). PA has over 500,000 citizens with a CCW...maybe I should move there. I'll keep everyone up to date with the process...it will take a while though.

A. Golden
    S&W .357 mag
    S&W SW99
    Desert Eagle .50AE
    Always looking for more!
  • 5thcommernist5thcommernist Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your neighbor to the SW, the People's Republic of MD, has a CCL that is almost bulletproof. Basically, you have to be a law enforcement officer to carry. As a private citizen, the only way that you're going to get a CCW here is the hard way, i.e., go into the area that your job requires you to go, get shot, stabbed, robbed, beaten to within an inch of your life, etc. Survive that and then stay on the job so you have to go back into the same area, then petition the judge for the CC permit. A ray of sunlight - it may help if you can show the judge some scars from the above. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And that is why I have always suggested MOVING!!!

There will always be more people armed in this country than not. You just happen to be in a state where the state average does not reflect the national average. There are 37 shall issue states in this country.... choose one. While doing so, steer clear of Ohio. It is still full of infantile pussies that can take advantage of inserted gun kontrol loopholes placed in their Concealed carry statute.

I'll give you an idea of this:

I was called on a Sunday by a group of people railing against Wal-Mart, the Ohio Small Business Alliance, or some BS like that (how they got my number, I have no idea), telling me all about the evils of the oppressive imperialistic Wal-Mart (I am aware of what the local Wally World policies are and I already didn't agree with them, but the one I do agree with is that they have absolutely no problem allowing (and in some cases encourage it) Concealed Carry Permit holders access to their store. So, after they talked my ear off for about 10-15 minutes, I halted the conversation, and asked them where this so-called 'Alliance' stands on Concealed Carry.

Their response; "Well, unlike that of Wal-Mart, we encourage a policy that keeps dangerous weapons out of the store. Carrying a loaded firearm is a bad policy."

My response; "Well, you happen to be speaking to one of those dangerous permit holders, right now. Sorry, but I'm going to continue shopping at Wal-mart. Thanks for wasting my time." >>Click<<

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."