In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

John Mc Cain and gun control

lee_danlee_dan Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
So please educate me ---
does John Mc Cain want to take my guns --
or just take them from the fools and the felons
Please advise --
Lee

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Lots of reading and links attached. That should answer any questions and/or clear up any confusion about the idiot.

http://www.gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm
  • lee_danlee_dan Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lt496

So I ask again ----
    Are you a fool or a felon ----
    Does he want my guns --

So please educate me ---
    Please advise --
    Lee
    edited November -1
    I have found that the people who
    complain most about the laws --
    are the same peope who break them most often--
    Lee
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lee_dan

lt496

So I ask again ----
    Does he want my guns --

So please educate me ---
    Please advise --
    Lee

Well Lee, I suppose you could read Amendment II of the US Constitution's Bill of Rights, then apply readily available information on the myriad of "infringements" that the illustrious Mr. McCain would like to impose on various segments of the populace.

The resultant picture may be what we call...."a clue".

Gun control is gun control. Anyone attempting to decide which of America's Citizens should be prevented or restricted from exercising their RTKBA is a gun-control proponent.

It all seems so very, very simple to me, but then again, I understand the Constitution and the restraint on government that it was meant to be.

As to your repeat question about my being a "fool or a felon".....under the Constitution it wouldn't matter if I were either. There is no constitutional prohibition against "fools" and a "felon" can be created out of thin air and frequently is under federal law, so that carries no weight either.

Bottom line, the government, under the US Constitutions Bill of Rights, Amendment II, has ZERO authority to regulate the ownership and carry of firearms, period.

If Mr. McCain wants to regulate and restrict firearms and clearly he does, then you have answered your own question, now haven't you?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:I have found that the people who
    Lee
    I have found that the people that DON'T complain about insane, unConstitutional laws to be good slaves and obedient servants.

They also are totally ignorant of their countries foundings, or so stupid that even when shown the facts, they refuse to grasp them.
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:I have found that the people who
    Lee
    I have found that the people that DON'T complain about insane, unConstitutional laws to be good slaves and obedient servants.

They also are totally ignorant of their countries foundings, or so stupid that even when shown the facts, they refuse to grasp them.

You got that right. Denial is a powerful thing.
  • Aaron.Combs1Aaron.Combs1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as always, It496 right on the head +2 and highball, god i wish you were a teacher of Aerican Gov. the school system now days.
  • bullride8bullride8 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lee

Interesting of you to say that. I would probably state that 95% of everyone on this forum abides by every un-constituional gun law that the feds ram down our throats.

However, you may have a point.... With every new un-constituional gun law made, the feds make someone a felon (law breaker) who probably never had any mailicious intent whatsoever.
    edited November -1
    O K than
    go vote for No Boma
    He will protect your right to bear arms ---
    Lee
    edited November -1
    O K than
    go vote for No Boma
    He will protect your right to bear arms ---
    Lee

No..Lee, I'll not be doing that.

Obama ignores and operates outside the Constitution just like McShame, Huck, Hillary and most other politicians.

I'll be writing in Dr. Paul.

You see Lee, in my world, there is no room for compromise on Constitutional issues. You know, all that "supreme law of the land", "restraint on government" and that pesky "Bill of Rights" stuff.

You remember all that, don't you Lee?

Lee, I figure that anyone willing to bend, ignore, break or otherwise operate outside of the Constitution and/or those who accept and vote for those who do just that.....well Lee, they are why we are in the mess we are in and I simply have no time for such doings, or for those who take the unconstitutional actions.

I particularly have no time for those who support the ones taking such actions. Such folk and those in government actually subverting the Constitution, fall into that old "Domestic Enemies" category.[;)]

Do you have a cogent argument contradictory to that, or want to discuss it?

Glad to if you wish, but short, quasi-smartass posts such as. ...

"lt496

So I ask again ----
    Does he want my guns --

So please educate me ---
    Please advise --
    Lee"

Well Lee, this type of post is non-substantive and meaningless.

In fact it points to you falling squarely into the "domestic enemy" category, in that you seem to be supportive of those who are doing harm to the foundation of America and who are turning our Constitution into some quaint old document that really doesn't mean anything and that government really doesn't have to follow.

After all, it WAS written over 200 years ago, so how is it relevant NOW, right Lee?
    edited November -1
    A vote for Paul is a vote for No Boma
    edited November -1
    A vote for McCain is insane.
    edited November -1

No. A vote for "person X" is a vote for "person X".

It's McShame's own fault if he can't get enough people motovated to vote "republican". Look who brings MORE people to the polls, Obama or McCain. The "conservitives" are not motovated, because McCain is a moderate liberal, NOT a "conservitive".

My vote will also be for Ron Paul. I will vote my conscience, not partaking in the same old games that got us IN this MESS.
    edited November -1

Maybe in your world, but not in mine. My vote is a vote for individual liberty and the Constitution.

What do you classify your pending vote for Mr. McCain as....."he is absolutely great for America"...."he will advance and support the Constitution"...."the lesser of two evils"...."at least our turd is better than their turd".....or "I better vote who is offered, or the other guy will get elected"?

You sir, seem to be an "enabler" for the Globalist Party subversion of America. Well, that is certainly your right to be such.

Enjoy yourself though.[;)]
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a friend said the other day- "I have electile dysfunction. I am unable to become aroused by ANYBODY running for President this year."
    edited November -1
    Everyone wants to dance ----
    But no one wants to pay the fiddler ?_"
    Lee
    edited November -1
    quote:Everyone wants to dance ----
    But no one wants to pay the fiddler ?_"
    Lee
    Yeah...I totally agree.

You enjoy freedom and guns yet because a few men out here have made it plain that the banning of guns will lead to violence.

Yet people like you line up to vote for the McCains and the Hillarys and the Obammas.

No difference at all between you and them.
    edited November -1
    Highball --
    you are a fool --
    I just hope that some day you never have to find one of your
    loved ones laying in a pool of blood with a bullet in their head
    Give all the guns you want to all the population and there is
    a good chance that that will happen ----
    I'm done
    Good By
    Lee
    edited November -1
    Highball --
    you are a fool --
    I just hope that some day you never have to find one of your
    loved ones laying in a pool of blood with a bullet in their head
    Give all the guns you want to all the population and there is
    a good chance that that will happen ----
    I'm done
    Good By
    Lee

Good Lord!

Another clear example of someone who has zero understanding of the US Constitution and its Bill of Rights and how they directly relate to individual liberties.

lee_dan = numb_nuts[V]
    edited November -1
    quote:Highball --
    you are a fool --
    Yep..Lee..there is absolutely no doubt that ONE of us is a fool.

I am content to leave it up to the few that support the Constitution to decide which.

The rest of you are irrelevant..those of you that find the Beast more comforting then the Constitution.

Somehow I am supposed to be swayed..or frightened enough..to renounce the Constitution because some one of my family might be murdered ?

REALLY ?
    I guess I must be dreaming about the tens of thousands of people murdered by you disarming them...eh ?
    edited November -1
    quote:Highball --
    you are a fool --
    Yep..Lee..there is absolutely no doubt that ONE of us is a fool.

I am content to leave it up to the few that support the Constitution to decide which.

The rest of you are irrelevant..those of you that find the Beast more comforting then the Constitution.

Somehow I am supposed to be swayed..or frightened enough..to renounce the Constitution because some one of my family might be murdered ?

REALLY ?
    I guess I must be dreaming about the tens of thousands of people murdered by you disarming them...eh ?

Highball, I sometimes think that I can't be surprised by further gun-control stupidity, then.....along comes someone like lee_dan and I realize that things are even worse than I ever imagined.

They are indeed amongst us. Pathetic and sad......
    edited November -1
    Indeed.

The woods are full of them.
    Plus...while I may well be wrong on this..I have the impression that he is a LEO..in the finest sense of that word.
    edited November -1
    Indeed.

Plus...while I may well be wrong on this..I have the impression that he is a LEO..in the finest sense of that word.

Would not be a surprise to me. It looks like a duck....quacks like a duck.....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Indeed.

Yet another LEO? Maybe somebody is feeling guilty about enforcing unconstitutional laws?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    Indeed.

Yet another LEO? Maybe somebody is feeling guilty about enforcing unconstitutional laws?

[?]
    edited November -1
    Indeed.

[?]

He was commenting on how we should vote for McKain, and not Paul because McKain has a better chance. Trying to rationalize your negative beliefs was all I was alluding to.
    edited November -1
    Indeed.

[?]

He was commenting on how we should vote for McKain, and not Paul because McKain has a better chance. Trying to rationalize your negative beliefs was all I was alluding to.

I knew what Highball was saying. It was your comment that I was questioning.
  • RoofussRoofuss Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've lived in Arizona for over 25 years { McCain is senator } and trust me ,you do not want him as your President. I also have E/D and having a lot of trouble getting excited about ANY of these choices !! [:(]
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lee

I only complain about the unconstitutional ones, the arbitrary ones, and the ones that are superceded by something else in the same set of laws.

When 15 million pages of laws exist in this country, and 90% of them are ones specifically meant to make me a criminal, you're damned right I'll be pissed.