In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lautenburg Amendment

Bravo 13Bravo 13 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
The Govt. has come up with yet a another way to "lawfully" confiscate guns:use the Lautenburg Amendment!!i.e. A friend of mine goes out hunting 2yrs ago.A companion steps on a locked & cocked Rem 870.You guessed it, gun discharges & blows Mr.Clumsy's heel off!! Since it's a personal injury with a weapon while hunting, IA DNR is involved.The game warden HAS to contact Des Moines BATFE field office.BATFE TELLS IA DNR warden to keep the shotgun because,After runn'in a background ck. on Rem 870 owner,the owner was CHARGED with Domestic Violence 3 yrs BEFORE Laun. Amend. was enacted & CAN NOT possess a firearm!IA DNR warden says he'll keep the shotgun until sitution gets resolved? Warden tells man that he better NOT be caught hunting with a firearm(in IA this includes muzzleloaders) or off to jail he goes w/State & Fed charges to face!He can hunt w/ a bow--how generous!He(the 2nd Amendmentless man) can try for a 20 pg pardon Q & A w/2yr wait similar to a Felon's Gov. pardon to restore rights-good luck & have lots of money for the lawyer!FYI all his other weapons had to leave his own house/possession permently!!Just thought I'd post this let everyone know how easy it is to have the Govt. use a no-due-process law to take your guns.Remember, you ONLY have to be charged with the Dom.Viol. NOT[:(] convicted of it!!!Found NOT Guilty,charges dropped or Aqquited does'nt count.

Comments

• Bravo 13Bravo 13 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello all! I am new to all this, so please don't slam me to much. Anyway, here is my story: About 2 days ago, I went down to my local gunstore to purchase a new Glock 21, everything was going fine, and all of a sudden the store owner told me that I had been denied my right to buy the pistol from him. I asked him how such a thing could happen and he asked me if I had ever been convicted of domestic violence. I said no, but I had a divorce filled in Oregon in the early nineties under domestic clauses. The owner then told me that - he thought that was probably the cause of my predicament, and that I was screwed about ever purchasing a weapon legally again. He also told me about the Lautenburg Amendment, and to seek out some sort of legal advice if I wanted to fight for my rights. So, can or will any of you point me in the dirrection I need to take? Or maybe this has even happened to you and you have beaten this ridiculous law? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I thank you all in advance. Take care!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does not have to be a felony either.

Just another way to STEAL our rights away.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess if I had been charged with anything, and found not guilty, or had charges dismissed, there is no way they would take my guns while I lived. I don't care who they are, or how many. I will take A few with me. They would need to be ready for that. I know that the Bible says all of this is going to happen, while it dosen't mention gun confiscation, it is part of it, but to all of you out there that think you can just up and take an inocent mans gun, the Bible dosen't say how long you are going to live afterward. JBT'S, LEO'S, Gamewarden's whatever you are, you need to think about this.[}:)]quote:Originally posted by Bravo 13
    The Govt. has come up with yet a another way to "lawfully" confiscate guns:use the Lautenburg Amendment!!i.e. A friend of mine goes out hunting 2yrs ago.A companion steps on a locked & cocked Rem 870.You guessed it, gun discharges & blows Mr.Clumsy's heel off!! Since it's a personal injury with a weapon while hunting, IA DNR is involved.The game warden HAS to contact Des Moines BATFE field office.BATFE TELLS IA DNR warden to keep the shotgun because,After runn'in a background ck. on Rem 870 owner,the owner was CHARGED with Domestic Violence 3 yrs BEFORE Laun. Amend. was enacted & CAN NOT possess a firearm!IA DNR warden says he'll keep the shotgun until sitution gets resolved? Warden tells man that he better NOT be caught hunting with a firearm(in IA this includes muzzleloaders) or off to jail he goes w/State & Fed charges to face!He can hunt w/ a bow--how generous!He(the 2nd Amendmentless man) can try for a 20 pg pardon Q & A w/2yr wait similar to a Felon's Gov. pardon to restore rights-good luck & have lots of money for the lawyer!FYI all his other weapons had to leave his own house/possession permently!!Just thought I'd post this let everyone know how easy it is to have the Govt. use a no-due-process law to take your guns.Remember, you ONLY have to be charged with the Dom.Viol. NOT[:(] convicted of it!!!Found NOT Guilty,charges dropped or Aqquited does'nt count.

Traveling from the west, unto the east. Insearch of that which was lost, but with my endavors, and his assistance, I am hopeful, of finding.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    And exactly how would a felony change the fact that a released man deserves his rights back ?

That includes handing him his .45 as he walks out the gate...

Simple, really...one doesn't release a vicious animal back into society...
    edited November -1
    Point to ponder#1: Why is the Lautenburg Amendment the ONLY law that punishes the alleged perp on the basis he/she knows or is related to the victim of the assault?A judge does'nt tell a defendent in court that if found guilty of murder(example)that since he/she knows the victim, is related to,or has EVER lived with the victim that the defendent shall get life & a dark day BUT if none of the before mentioned applies, & he/she killed a stranger you will only get 1 yr in jail? Point#2:What ever happened to using LEGAL,proper,due process procedures? I believed that one must be judged by peers or a judge & convicted BEFORE being punished,fined,imprisoned,or rights taken away.Does it appear that the Lautenburg Amendment has skipped/removed a few steps? Can this draconian law make you into 1/4 of a felon? Thank you all for your points of view.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    One must grasp the concept that we live in the waning days of America.

Most things become clear, once that simple fact is clearly understood.

Do not look to the "Justice System"...for justice.
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the cops don't tell you is that a legal firearmsthat's not stolen must be returned to the owner even if he is a felon. The real owner can give a Power of Attorney to a person without firearm possession disabilities and he can pick it up. No, the friend can't just turn the gun over to the owner, but it can be held or sold for the benifit of the owner.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time for an expungment.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Lautenburg Amendment needs to be repealed .
    Call your Reps and make it happen.[8D]
    The write your Rep. will save a stamp
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/home/
    GOA
    http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm
    edited November -1
    Thanxs for the idea "Defender"! I have passed the info along to my 2nd Amendmentless friend.Looking back to the time that Pres.Clinton signed the Lauen.Amend it seems ironic that Clinton was wanting 100,000 more LEO's on the street but what happened was the opposite.I don't know the exact #'s but about that many(100,000+) were taken out of the military & LEO communites as they could'nt perform their duties w/o having a weapon! Clinton & his croney Democrats outsmarted themselves! A LOT of good military & police lost their livelihoods because of the Lautenburg Amendment.A local County LEO told me some of police officers that got caught up in that had 20+yrs experience in LE! What a shame!!
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CHGOTHNDER
    Time for an expungment.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member

Illinois has a great expungement law that takes non-conviction arrests off your record. Most states don't have this. You can get rights resored, post-conviction in some places but getting back booking photos and fingerprints does not happen anywhere else that I know about.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.