In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Attention any one who is/knows a Californian

CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
http://www.tacr.us/

Petitions are being signed now to ammend our state constitution, 850,000 must be collected and there are less than 140 days left, we need to average about 6,000 a day.

The Proposition:

The inalienable right to defend life and liberty as set forth in Article I, Section 1 of the California Constitution includes the fundamental right of each person to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family and home. This right shall not be infringed.

1. All State government action regulating the right of law-abiding persons to acquire and possess arms for the defense of self, family and home shall be subject to strict scrutiny, in the same respect as the freedoms of speech and of the press. All county, city and local government action on this subject is preempted by state law and this Amendment.

2. This Amendment does not limit the State from regulating the acquisition and possession of arms by: felons, minors, the mentally incompetent, and any person subject to restraining orders based upon their own violent conduct.

"the fundamental right of each person to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family and home. This right shall not be infringed."
"All State government action regulating the right of law-abiding persons to acquire and possess arms for the defense of self, family and home shall be subject to strict scrutiny"

Hopefully this will go to a vote, and it will pass. At which point these laws regulating what we can and cannot buy/carry will be put under strict scrutiny and found to be infringing on our rights.

I for one am not registered to vote, but I am going to change that very soon, so I can sign this petition and vote on this if enough signatures are obtained.

Comments