In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Battle of wits with unarmed opponants

lil scoutlil scout Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
I do not usually respond to forums of this type unless something is not quite right.I had a problem posted on this forum and received a varity of responses.Some good,some not so good.The problem was resolved.No thanks to any"advice"I gleaned from here.My point is;some/one "advisor"seems to have NO knowledge what so ever of gun laws,legal points or anything else as far as that goes pertaining to this forum.He strikes me as being a young KID who has listened to some radical "adult"and is mirroring this persons beliefs in his responses."Death to Tyrants"went out with Patrick Henry,Benjamin Franklin,and the rest of the Revolution.At least they knew what they were talking about and had a reason to make that statement.If it weren't for the 1st.ammendment your * would be behind bars,and you wouldn't even know WHY.I beleive EVERY person in these United States has the right to own whatever type of fire arm they so desire.I can understand the necessity of rules concerning full auto weapons,but you can still own them!This B.S about "assault"weapons is just that.B.S!!!An 1884 Springfield,45-70 with a bayonet is also an assault weapon of it's own time.Is it not??? Quit advocating revolution and work toward evolution.Get rid of these legislators by voting them OUT.Killing them as you advocate will only strenghten their cause.THINK before you speak!!!!!!If you think first,you will only have a fraction of responses!As far as "idiots" or "ignorant"or "dummies" or whatever derogatory terms you choose to use to describe other people,you ARE THE ONE who exhibits the lack of intelligence.By pointing out someone else's faults you are trying to cover up your OWN lack of intelligence!!THAT'S IT Bottom Line. Grow up and try again later.

Comments

• jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lalalalalalalalalalala

If you didn't vote you can't complain...But if you did vote.. RAISE HELL!
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assume that was for me. Guess what. I really don't care. I have nothing to prove to you, but at the same time, I will defend any and all badmouthing. As far as battle of wits are concerned, I never asked for any battle with anyone. I only gave my best advice. This is the same advice I received by several lawyers on the same subject. All of them in their own words are saying pretty much the same thing.

My beliefs come from my own observations and such that I have learned, not from the history books kids read from today that have conveniently omitted or revised out important facts and details, but from some old old history books that have been handed down from my great great grandfather 5 generations ago, before being censored. Other more recent facts come from WWII veterans, to which I am a younger protege of, and I treasure their company. They view me as their grandson, and one of them I am the grandson of. These are but a few of my sources of information, as I have an entire library full of interesting books, many of which are older than we are, and a number of more recent ones to compare them to.

I read that you are 61 years old. I figure you should know more than you apparently do, and as far as that goes, I show respect to those who are, for all intents and purposes, my elders, but I take nothing from anyone, so I will show you no such courtesy anymore. Since posting on this board, many have disagreed with me in a way I can tip my hat in respect to. You are the first to show disrespect, and we can all plainly see that.

Sorry you feel that way. But meanwhile, rest assured, I would have never poked fun of you, or otherwise point out all the "flaws" in your method of thinking. All your years apparently taught you nothing.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Jesus Christ believed in the right to keep and bear arms, Luke 22:36.

-Gunphreak
  • lil scoutlil scout Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My reference to derogatory remarks did not pertain only to your response to me,but many of your responses I have read to others.History books from 5+generations ago are ancient history.It's time to get up to date.It's like reading the Bible,taking one part of a verse and quoting it because it says what you want it to say.Many times when you read the entire context of the chapter it doesn't MEAN that at all.If you haven't noticed there have been 3 more "wars/conflicts/police actions"or whatever since WW2.I spent 2 tours in one of them.Did you???Voting is the only "weapon" we have to fight with, ineffective as it may sometimes seem.The only other choice you have is join them.Run for office,get in with the "Big"boys and FIGHT from the inside out!!!!!Then you will be fighting a war and not talking one!!! See Ya
    edited November -1
    Ancient history. Here's some 20th century history for you.

Throughout the last century, and still going on today, places like Ottoman Turkey, Soviet Union, Cambodia, China, Somalia, South Africa, and most notably Germany have had gun control edicts exercised over the people, and shortly thereafter, genocide targets a certain group of people, be it Jews, Political Dissidents, Other cultures, Christians.... even in our own country, a ban on inexpensive firearms was designed specifically to keep newly freed slaves, and later on, blacks defenseless. A total of 56 million people were slaughtered at these tyrants' hands. Our own country watches two new gun control countries in the early stages of the effects to which have followed and led to genocide. We'll have to see how that turns out. Here in the States, we have our own hypocrits decreeing the evils of guns. So, what will follow then. Since neither you, nor I can see into the future, we cannot be sure. But chances are, I'll live to see this, and you won't.

You think my education ends after WWII?? Don't be simple. I have a great grasp of history and present, well, enough to tell you you're being deceived, anyway. Facts from history aren't adding up to ones written modern day, and those are LIES. There are plenty of people who are posting on this board calling to our attention problems. Voting may be your only "weapon", but my weapons, also being the ballot and the letter to Congressmen and women, also include this board, and other sources of info, and, of course, my tyrant correction tool as my last resort, when all the others fail.

I figure as old as you are now, you would know more about these things. Being a soldier, you would appreciate these same things even more. Apparently, I am incorrect in my assumption, because in reality, you are merely nothing more than a blind, brainwashed old fool.

Be a politician, are you out of your mind?!?!? Be the thing I detest the most??? I am much happier fighting the fight from my computer and using the power of the pen to address my public "servants". I would rather die than be a politician.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
    edited November -1
    One more thing. I understand that you do not like what I stand for, or maybe it really is me that you don't like. That's fine. I'm not really interested in public opinion of my own opinions. I seek only to educate any who will listen, to the deeds of the past to help ensure they will not be played out again in the present or future. I will dig as deep as I have to to show the folly of that which is happening now. Whether it matters to you or not what is happening today, there are people here who do take interest in what is happening today, and should be informed of its possible outcomes.

"You do not examine legislation in light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered."

-Lyndon B. Johnson

I expect to see your next response as your futile attempt to upend my opinions continue soon.

Til then.... En Garde...

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak

Edited by - gunphreak on 11/23/2002 02:01:53

Edited by - gunphreak on 11/23/2002 02:04:58
    edited November -1
    I DO NOT question what you stand for or beleive in.That is another constitutional right.Pens and keyboards did not obtain or keep these rights for you and I.A lot of people fought for and lost their lives to keep these rights for us!!!A great many of them probably felt about fighting as you claim you do about being a politition,BUT that was the ONLY way.It would be wonderful if we could fight all of our battles in life with "pens and keyboards".Hell,there would be no need for Arlington National Cemetary,The Viet Nam Wall,Gettsburg,Iwo Jima,Pork Chop Hill,etc,etc,etc.Just think;With pens and keyboards,we would no longer need lawers and court systems and prisons.Unfortunatly life on lifes terms doesn't work that way.Some times you have to get your hands "dirty" and do what you really do not want to do but MUST do.It's easy to talk and criticize from behind a "bullet proof"keyboard.Get out and meet the "enemy"face to face and do something other than talk. Touche' As far as being a "blind,brainwashed,old fool"In some respects you are correct,in others you are not.Eg;Yes,I do wear contact lenses,Brainwashed,maybe.If I am then you also are.The main differenc between you and I is;You went through the "wringer"also."Old fool" yes,I am old.Fool NO!If I were a fool I would not be running for County commissioner.I may be "old "but not too old to still get my hands dirty doing something I really do not want to do.You have to get off of your * and from behind the pen and keyboard to accomplish anything worthwhile.

Edited by - lil scout on 11/23/2002 09:58:48
    edited November -1
    I address my senators and representatives, President and Governors on a rather regular basis. I use the 1st Amendment to the best of my resources. I use these right to peacefully address my grievances, and do not believe the time has come to forcefully address my grievances. There are 280 million Americans here, today. To actualy meet one of them f2f is like next to impossible, and sitting down to have lunch with him is merely a pipe dream. But any time they would like to do so, I am all ears. I'm not holding my breath.

And I would certainly hope you aren't suggesting I grab my guns and start killing people I am not fully convinced are tyrants. I am not about to do that.

So let's recap. I am not going to be shooting people, I have no intention of ever running for an office of any sort, and I am in no way, shape or form, going to do anything that may be detrimental to the causes I fight for. So, what have I left out.

You do, of course, realize this keyboard is not quite as "bullet proof" as you would have me and everyone else believe. With more than 2 million laws currently on the books, one never knows when what he/she prints in a post now could mean big trouble later. With passage of some of the most oppressive "homeland security" laws in force, now, it may be a matter of time before we have a real problem on our hands, both you in your ways, and me in mine.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
    edited November -1
    This is pretty much a moot point that will never be won by anyone.We may as well put it to rest and let someone else take the floor.I have done all the fighting I plan to.I will let this generation do thier own thing,and reap whatever rewards they sow. See ya And good luck
    edited November -1
    To you, as well.

When I get a general consenus, It isn't good.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak
    edited November -1
    To you, as well.

When I get a general consensus, It isn't good.

Death to Tyrants!!!

-Gunphreak