In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SENATE UPDATE:from Sunset News-AWB website

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, the Colorado organization coordinating the efforts of many state-level firearms rights organizations in fighting against the current slew of federal gun control amendments currently being offered in the Senate, is wary of the strategy the NRA appears to be employing.

Dudley Brown, Executive Director of RMGO, sent out an e-mail alert today urging immediate action from all gun owners on preventing S.1805 from being passed, due to the gun control amendments it now contains, and those that will almost certainly be added (possibly including Feinstein's AWB renewal).

In his alert, Brown states, "as predicted, S.1805, the Lawsuit Liability bill is being debated on the Senate Floor (at the behest of its sponsor, Idaho Senator Larry Craig).

"And late last night, Senator Larry Craig (a board member of the NRA) worked with rabid anti-gunner Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI) to come up with a "Unanimous Consent Agreement" which allows a large number of gun control amendments to be offered to S.1805.

"By pushing this bill to be heard on the floor, and agreeing to hear a large number of gun control amendments, Senator Craig has opened up Pandora's Box of Gun Control.

"That means you MUST call your US Senators immediately, even if you called them yesterday."

Brown then goes on to say, "after agreeing to the "Unanimous Consent Agreement", Sen. Larry Craig said "Some of these amendments could pass." This C-Span2 admission is understating it -- some of these gun control amendments WILL pass. In fact, one already has, and others gun control advocates are lining up to join in on the "fun".

Questioning the NRA's strategy on this bill, Brown asks, "have you received an e-mail from NRA-ILA urging voting against S.1805 IF it gets gun control on it? They KNOW quite well that this bill will have gun control on it, and have known it for weeks. Instead, they play inside baseball and tell gun owners "Trust us -- we have a plan", trusting in their own cleverness to circumvent the anti-gunners amendments. That is the same thing they said on the McCain-Fiengold Campaign Finance Deform bill (which stripped gun owners of their 1st Amendment rights) as well as the first Assault Weapons and High-capacity magazines ban bill, Brady Registration Checks, Lautenberg Gun Ban, etc, etc. That's a failed strategy, and should be abandoned.

"Remember, the definition of insanity is continuing to do what you've always done but expecting different results.

"They'll post some things on their website, but they won't apply real pressure. That means they are, by their silence, agreeing to this "Unanimous Consent Agreement." And their board member, Sen. Larry Craig, openly agreed to that agreement with Sen. Reed. Craig will vote against most (not all) of the gun controls, but he's the person who enabled all of these gun control amendments."

Whether or not you agree with all of Browns assertions, one thing stands out as being awfully odd. Wednesday morning's cloture vote should have cleared the way for the bill to be voted on within a day or two (with a handful of anti-gun amendments to deal with). Late last night, however, all of us were taken aback by the agreement that permitted this onslaught of amendments, some not even related to gun control at all. One has to wonder why this was even necessary... why was a "deal" with the other side needed to proceed with a bill that had already overwhelmingly won a cloture vote?

We must all flood our Senators' offices with phone calls and e-mails, urging that the bill not be passed with these anti-gun amendments, especially the "assault weapons" ban renewal. Call the capital switchboard at 202-224-3121, and ask for each of your Senators.

Alternatively, you can easily locate your Senators' contact information here:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

http://www.awbansunset.com
http://www.awbansunset.com/forums

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Hi Wolf. I printed your post and will make my phone calls tomorrow, will send e-mails tonight and maybe even fax a few tomorrow.

Hey, are you going to read, sign and mail my letter/petition to me? It has been ready to go for several days.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Sorry TR,I have been trying to limit my time on GB and it is helping the ol' lady's attitude. I get on for a few, post maybe, and get off. And this senate thing has got me busy. But I will go over there and try to print it. My black ink cartridge is about empty. I need to get to Wal Mart [xx(] and buy a new one. I'm going to see about getting as many people to sign as I can. Do you have a deadline? Maybe you already posted that info. I'm going now.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    TR, SWEET! Very good job. I do have to go get a cartridge. Printed 6 lines and faded. I have got to quit printing everything I find on the internet. Ink cartridges cost too much for the way I am going through them.[:D] I'll get this done and on the way in a few days. I am going to have family, friends, and co workers lok at/sign. Thanks for your efforts!