In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

2-23-04 Please Mail 2 Me After Reading & Signing

2»

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    thanks woodsie.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer the 2 votes also. FOX,let me know when you get ready to print and i'll try to get a "donation to the cause" sent to you. Can't promise much, but i would like to help with expenses other than just my 2 cents![:D]
    edited November -1
    thanks guys.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr
    Finish your letter.

What was your co-worker's (and girlfriend's) suggestions on the original letters?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    Pickenup: my co-worker spent a few hours at work trying to compose his letter or edit mine and then he just petered out. His girlfriend never gave me a direct comment but it was her idea to consult with the two college professors. Today she stated that one of the college professors owes her a favor and she is sure he will give an opinion. She also said that both professors may give and opinion but might have been delayed by the pressure of starting a new semester. I'm working on finishing the letter and will probably signup for the post office box tomorrow so the signed letters can be mailed to me.
    (final letter posted 2-23-04)

edited November -1
    You might want to mention to the people that are willing to sign the letter, that they do not have to put their GunBroker names on the letter, that way they can keep their anonymity, if they want. It would be hard for members like Mark Christian or Doug Wilson, but hey, if it helps get people to sign it???

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Hi tr. I read the new letter. It is a "touch" long but not unacceptably long. Borderline. And I'm not too sure about the basketball analogy. Might lose the attention of the recipient before they make it to the stated "purpose" of the letter and might keep the attention, I don't know. Need more input from the others on that, good/bad?
    Another suggestion I just thought of. The finished product/s, could be posted on other sites' forums as well. Maybe? Just a thought on getting more stacks of letters from other sources.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
    edited November -1
    Hi wolf. glad to see you made it today. Yeah, I have been e-mailing pickenup and longhunter and now feel the same way you do although I appreciate the kind way you worded it. So get ready for a new letter to be posted. Dang it, I WILL get it right sooner or later.
    (final letter posted 2-23-04)

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FOX, wonder how many times the founding fathers had to rewrite? But they did get it right!! Keep on it buddy.
    edited November -1
    I'm chewing on it.

edited November -1
    thanks guys.

• Broomie2Broomie2 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trfox: I'd be glad to sign it. We need to start somewhere & I think this is as good a place as any.
    edited November -1
    thanks Broomie2, you have the "honor" of being the first (and I hope not last) one. Just provide what info you feel comfortable giving. I don't want ANYONE to worry about giving out more info than they are comfortable giving.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • ArmaliteA4ArmaliteA4 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm In Fox, whenever your ready with the final version.
    I would also be willing to send in a donation to you to defer some of cost.
    Sounds like it will at the very least raise some eyebrows.[^]
    edited November -1
    Thanks. The final copy, ready to be printed, signed and mailed to me, is at the top of page one of this topic. (if you are reading this, you are on page 2, need to go to page 1)

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    Fox,
    You will have in a couple of days.
    Thanks[8D]
    edited November -1
    Thanks ArmaliteA4 (I got your name spelled right this time)

• Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's just too freakin' bad that we can't vote out federal judges who want to legislate from the bench!

John

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not shooting at me!
    edited November -1
    Salvage333: yeah, but if we every get control of our government back, maybe we can be sure and not appoint those idiot judges in the first place, or at least "fire" em.

• Broomie2Broomie2 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tr Fox: letter is on its way as of today.
    edited November -1
    This has been continued over on the General Discussion Form

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97371

edited November -1
    Last and final update on the "Lessor of two evils" idea about the letter/petition which was posted with a request that every interested party sign and mail to the "Take Back America" address in Olathe. Due to a overwhelming lack of interest and response the idea and mailing address has been cancelled.

Since I spent time and money on this idea, I feel I have the right to throw a small editorial in. I don't believe any thinking American feels things are going well in regards to how this country is being managed by our various governments; whether they be Democrats or Republicians makes little difference. But the majority of citizens will merely gripe and complain about how bad things are and then maybe, just maybe, actually spend the time and effort to influence how their elected officals behave. And about half of the citizens will actually trudge to the polls to vote for "the lessor of two evils" canidadate. And that is all they will do. But they fail to realize that what they have been doing is what allowed the present undesirable state of affairs to happen. They also fail to realize that when you don't like an outcome of a procedure, but you continue on doing the same thing over and over, you are most likely to get the same old undesirable results.

This should tell you that you need to find some way to change your procedure. This idea of changing the voting rules to allow each voter to vote for each canidate that he/she likes, thereby giving a 3rd or 4th party a chance to give the present two parties some competition, may not have been the best or only idea on how to improve American politics. BUT AT LEAST IT WAS AN IDEA THAT HAD POSSIBILITES! And all it would have cost anyone was a 37 cent stamp and the time and effort to print the letter/petition and mail it to "Take Back America".

Apparently millions of Americans like to complain about politics but are too "busy" to sign and mail a petition along with the cost of 37 cent stamp. It would not have hurt anything or anybody and IT MIGHT HAVE HELPED.

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I am as guilty as anyone tr, for that, I apologize. I had only me, the ol' lady and my mom and dad signed up. As I waited to get those back that the ol' lady handed out at her college, you kept us informed that it was not going well, so I didn't push it on those. Never got one single paper signed and returned. They all thought it was a great idea, took the letter, but never brought it back. She handed out twenty copies and was going to make more, but I said get those back first, then we'll make more. I am sorry it fizzled because it is an awesome idea, and I beleive a perfect solution to the biggest problem we have. Oh well, gotta get to work now. Thanks for the try tr.

jpwolf.gifawcountdown_sm.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    FOX, wonder how many times the founding fathers had to rewrite? But they did get it right!! Keep on it buddy.

I wish they would have written the Second Amendment so that there was NO misunderstanding WHATSOEVER.....I really wish they would have left out the word "Militia"

I'm all for the idea.I think along the same lines as you all.
    I'm tired of voting AGAINST someone.Something has got to be done or we are gonna lose this country.The biggest problem though....is the ignorance of the general publik.They are so brainwashed it's scary.

Muggster
    edited November -1
    You got my support Fox, I think you have a great idea.[8D]

As you well know, you got responses from those of us who were willing to go the extra mile[;)]

You may take the most gallant sailor,the most intrepid airman,or the most audacious soldier,put them together at a table.
    What do you get?
    The sum of their fears
    -Winston Churchhill
    edited November -1
    ArmaliteA4: My friend, you don't know how much I appreciated receiving your signed letter/petition promptly after I posted my request. And on top of that you reached into your pocket and pulled out some cold, hard, cash that you expended your own time and effort on earning and you sent that along with your signed petition. You probably could had felt like you were helping just by tossing in a couple of dollars but you chose to send more. There was also one other person who chipped in some money which I greatly appreciate since I used it to defray the $36.00 cost of the post office box. I probably should look in the file and find his name/screen name and thank him/her personally, but I have purposedly put specific real names/screen names, and addresses out of my mind because we all value our privacy and it is none of my business what real name goes with what screen name and it is sure as hell none of my business what address goes with which screen name. In fact I am going to shred that info right now.

In regards to the others who had good intentions, I don't hold any hard-feelings towards you. I am sure there have been dozens of times in my life where I was offered an easy oppurtunity to influence things for the better and I declined. That action alone doesn't make me or any of you a bad person, just a human with all our weaknesses. I would still be proud to stand with you if needed.

I once read a comment by a rich man. He said that most people are too busy making a living to take the time to make any real money. I guess most Americans (probably me too) are too busy enjoying our rights to spend much time or effort protecting or furthering those rights. Time will tell.

• dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    trfox, I like your idea, however no matter how desperate I got I'd never vote for the Libertarians. They are 100% pro-abortion. I'd feel guilty and like I was an accesory to a few million 1st degree murders if I supported a pro-abortion candidate. I recommend the constitution party. They are 100% pro-life and 100% pro-gun.
    edited November -1
    dssmith: thanks for your reply. The whole idea was based on giving each and every voter more power and choice. Presently you as a voter are limited in your power in regards to how to use your one vote. And the two major pollitical parties know just how limited you (and I) are. For example, if a voter is anti-abortion or pro-gun the ONLY CHOICE he/she has is to vote Republican. And even if a 3rd or 4th party fields a canidadate that you like better than that Republician canidadte, everyone knows that you (and me) are afraid to spend our one vote on that 3rd or 4th party canidadate because HE/SHE IS SURE TO LOSE. So we play it safe and stay in the pocket of the Republican canidadate.

edited November -1
    dsmith,
    They are NOT 100% pro-abortion.
    They are split, just about down the middle, same as the general public is.
    Can't argue with the Constitutional party endorsement.
    Our next leader should come from "one" of these two parties.

edited November -1
    thanks for that clarification pickenup. And as you well know I agree that we need to elect a leader from one of those alternative parties. If only one time and if only for one reason. The reason being to clearly demonstrate to the entrenched Democrats and Republicans that power can be denied both of those two parties and handed to a 3rd or 4th party. It might wake up those two parties leaders. If that were to happen it just might, all by itself, help clean up the policitial mess we have had for decades.

But under the present voting system, it will never, never, never happen on a national basis (i.e. US President).