In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

? A well regulated militia being necessary to the

melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
" A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I hate to be a party pooper but this reads to me Using logic. For the necessary Security of a Free state it needs a well regulated Militia. And that Militia is called "The Air , and ARMY National Guard today. These being the Well regulated Militias of the states.

Now being that the People now have to JOIN the MILITIA "NATIONAL GUARD" and be accepted , go to BAsic training and AIT to learn there MOS or skill it appears the REST of the people do not need to necessarily bear arms. The National Guard bears OUR arms by Proxy.

Now this poses a problem and thus the debate. For to be part of the Militia one must be A NAtional Guardsman, unless U are on inactive reserve to the National Guard.

What do U think ?

I think a way to deal with the Gun issue is to develope more organized INACTIVE Guard Units. Where maybe citizens can take a course and early drill to be part of the States EMERGENCY Militia , and thus have Full Auto Weopons and proper gear and BAttalion Sized Locals or Units. I personaly think this should only consist of EX Military like me. Particularly those in Combat Arms Army Infantry, or a combat MArine. Or MP. I think citizens should have the same access to firearms as they do now, which would include only for citizens the 1986 REAL ban. Ex military would be allowed to be in the inactive Guard or Militia units with access to, or personally own full auto weopons, and various restricted gear. Explosives would be held by the Unit Armory, to be issued on expected use.

Comments

• fullautogunnerfullautogunner Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this thread is a repeat. So I will say again your logic sucks as the reserve and guard were not around at the time the second amendment was created.

Dude!! please take a bong hit, it will improve your logic.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    melkor = coward
    Abort Cuomo
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Thank goodness for useful idiots and fellow travelers.

Weak, pathetic creatures that they are, they represent no threat to the strong except betrayal ..and knowing and recognizing beforehand their propensity to whorship authority, one is able to well guard against their treachery.

Still ..they can be counted upon to freely dispense the `party line' so to speak...whatever is being currently spread like fertilizer among the ignorant populace. This allows the undecided to compare their disjointed, rambling excuses for increased power grabs by the power-mad ; Their collectivist group-think, and their lack of courage in any moral, spiritual, or physical sense whatsoever ;

And the shining example of personal freedom, individuality, and the concept of Sovereign Citizens being in control of their own destinies , as promoted by the few, the proud, the American.

(This OP was posted over on Politics...the political hacks even gave him a sound thrashing. Fancy that.)[8D][:D]
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny thing, this.... creature.... called melkor misses a very important point on the militia issue. National Guard units are NOT militia - they are extensions of our standing armed forces. The militia is comprised of ordinary citizens (not just former military) of certain age groups required to provide their own arms and ammunition for the common defense.

People like him are the very reason our founders distrusted standing armies - they tend to end up wishing to restrict the liberty of the common man as our resident troll "Spoon" does so desire.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Scott, there is obviously zero research behind his opinion. Why bother responding to such an ignorant fool? He doesn't even know the difference between the Revolutionary and Civil wars. Does it get more uneducated than that?
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    The "National Guard is the militia" hogwash is a favorite line of the Schumers, Clintons, and Kennedys of our government.
  • WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Militia is made up of the community's citizenry to defend itself against any enemies be it domestic or foreign, government or non-government and is controlled by the citizenry that serve in it and support it and this is also how it was in the 1700's as well and which later formed into this country's military, but the Militia will always be made up of the citizenry of its country and governed by the citizenry. The only relation that the Militia has to the national guard was that the Militia made up the national guard in order to form the governments first military forces; other than that the Militia is a completely separate entity controlled by itself and the citizenry that make it up, not the inaccurate definition made up by the government so to try and undermine our 2nd Amendment Rights.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    'A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'

has the exact same meaning as:

'Temperatures over 32? fahrenheit being necessary to melt pure water, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'

The confirmation of the right is to the people, not any militia.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Everybody that believes in the Second Amendment and says that they will defend it will be killed.

Now..are you happy ? Go back in your corner and suck your...thumb...theres' a good boy.
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My point is first they will not stand up and fight, if that was the case the war should of started in 1986 at a minimum and they should all be dead by now, or won. But they did NOTHING but support the world worst lobby group the NRA. No Armed resistance, nothing. They didnt even picket there politicians homes NOTHING Sometimes I think everyone in this forum is just old 45+ year old men and living in Mom's basement as a virgin

Good luck with all the armed resistance

I suggest all the Great Patriots get off there lazyboy chairs and picket at each of ther politicians homes and follow them screaming all day everyday till they vote your way. the NRA just slowly takes your money treats U like fools and does backroom deals to insure U don't have guns in the future. Or they are the worst lobby group in US History.
  • fullautogunnerfullautogunner Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes I think everyone in this forum is just old 45+ year old men and living in Mom's basement as a virgin

That is where you are wrong. Most people are living their own lives, and probably selfishly too, just see the pot belly. And also being a 40 yr. old virgin will get you pissed, I was in a long dry spell some years ago and I was rabid, then getting to have sex calms people. I think I know what you are trying to do, but I also believe you don't understand people. "it" will have to happen to them before they react.

I also remember you saying you would not stick your neck out, but others are supposed to. Maybe you dont get it, sometimes some "idiot" needs to get put down to start the fire/set an example. Think lemming. Hope these can clue you into a better theory grasshopper.
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aye Aye Captian Picard.
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Melkor,, Sorry man, but you have no understanding of the 2nd. The Militia is a CITIZENS Army. NOT attached to the government. State or Federal. The State Guards are funded by the state Government, Who in turn get help from time to time from the federal Government. The National Guard is called up at the need of those Governments. By your understanding, the Militia of the 1700's would have been made of British Soldiars. And that would kind of defeat the purpose.

Sad.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    Like I said when the Messiahs appointment to the retiring Supreme court justices happen in the next 8 years his lefty dirty hipppie Marxist appointies will read the second a little different and it will be over. So statr a new lobby now for the NRA is just deal makers who for your money lets things slip by a little sooner, U need a lobby to STOP , not back room deal !

The founders were there OWN lobby! What a novel approach!