In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

This makes me sad.

bullride8bullride8 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
Sorry I've been away for a awhile. Anyhow...yesterday I was talking to one of my buddies discussing how we spend our money. I replied that I would be rich if I didn't spend nearly everything I own on my rifles. He quipped that now I can buy assault rifles. I told him, I already have a few of them. A G3, AK, AR-15, AMD-65 and a few other assorted pieces. HE told me, YEAH, but now you can get burst or full auto stuff. SAD...he saw it on TV that now we can get assault rifles. I love how the media plays on the mind of the uneducated. I spoke to him for about an hour explaining the gun ban of 94, 89 and I believe 1934 (machine gun ban). And what each one was about. He was shocked to learn that I had bought all my assault rifles during the AWB. I explained to him of the "evils" which were banned druing the AWB.

He shrugged it off and said, man, that is stupid. So what did the AWB do he asked. I told him, nothing except take away our rights and a few pieces off of our firearms. One person educated, a few million more to go.

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    My personal opinion is that the task is insurmountable.

The public propaganda camps..(schools) start the youngsters down the road to stupidity..and every information medium embelishes that stupidity.

The generally dumb public will NEVER support the Constitution..because the people they look up to don't.Witness this oh-so-popular president...

Alls a man can do is teach onesys and twosys..when we need millions...
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    When your big, powerful and loud "opponent" continues to offer a giant lie to the public to support their argument, there has GOT to be some way to throw that back into their face. I just wish I knew what that way was.

By "opponent" I am referring to the media, the anti-gun groups and anti-gun politicans.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, it is sad.

If they tell a lie enough times...............[V]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you guys tired of half-hearted defenses for your rights by politicians who don't appear to respect them in the first place?

Are you tired of hearing the same tireless refrains mimicked by the anti-Freedom movement who insist on imposing their will against you?

Tired of trying to defend your stance from a relentless assault, and conceding ground to get them off your backs?

Want to meet aggression with aggression? Many of you guys should realize that logic does no good against an idiot, and unfortunately, IQ tests are not required to vote.

If you are interested in assaulting back, the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. Whether you are Jewish or not, this group is for you.

Learn how to turn the race card against the people who truly are.

Discover ways of making logical responses become flashy retorts that will have the antigunners peeing their pants.

Understand the battle you are truly fighting, and how to get the jump on those who trample the Bill of Rights for their own ends.

Do it today.... For the children.

www.jpfo.org

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • 2gun2gun Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i believe someone from another administration that registered all the guns put it quite well.

tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. minister of propoganda , joseph goebbels

no end to the ban here in ny.wish we could our congresscritters too.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congresscritter. Where have I seen that before?

101 Things to do 'til the Revolution, perhaps?

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."