In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Unbelievable - Austrailia bans swords

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
I just read in the October issue of American Rifleman that the relative success of the Austrialia's strict gun control has resulted in the widespread use of swords to commit crimes. [sigh]

Instead of recognizing that the weapon is not the problem, they have banned possession of swords without a permit.

What do these people use for brains?

avitar.jpg
Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

Lafayette.gif

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have brains?

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh man, would I be in trouble. [:(]

Ban everything and they WILL still find a way to kill.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I really don't think those girly men 'down under' ought to own anything more dangerous then a nail clipper...

The only man in Australia was killed defending his right to own guns..a few years ago.The rest are something one would scrape off ones boots from a cow pasture....
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    there seem to be basically two kinds of people in this whole world: People like me who strive to make the world a better place but in the meantime I deal with the world as it ACTUALLY EXISTS.

The other group has this idealized picture of the world in their head and are rabidly determined to think and live as if the world actually was that lovely. Worse, by passing their own brand of laws, they are also rabidly determined to make ME and you live and think their way.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr fox...can we only assume that the Aussies by banning everything that can be used as a weapon (could cricket bats be next?) is an over reaching situation of trying to develop a nice sense of self worth in their population? Or....are they trying to totally disarm a population so it can become a totalitarian dictatorship controlled by whatever scurrilous politician?

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I think they are only idiot liberals desperately trying to legislate a "perfect" world.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    I don't think they are trying to make a perfect world at all. I think they could give a rat's @$$ about the colony as a whole, so long as the queen survives. As long as THEY are safe, and they control YOU, their world IS perfect.

And that's the way it is!!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    gunphreak;

You,sir...have hit the nail right on our heads.I don't talk about what you said much on here..most folks cannot stand the truth.But the elite live in a different world then we.....

And the possession of firearms by us worries them to death.Their reign would be short,if the general population ever woke to what is actually happening...
    edited November -1
    gunphreak, Highball...Yup.

edited November -1
    You guys would be surprised, I'm sure, to know that there are 30 million more of us than the media would allow us to know. In their attempt to demoralize us, they have made us madder than ever, and people are talking now more than ever.

Don't forget that. Don't ever forget that. We are not alone.

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    I am grateful for the internet. The speed at which people can be alerted of possible violations of our rights, freedoms and liberties,
    has increased 1000 fold. (or more) Where it used to be done by phone trees, or mass mailings, we can now send an email to an unlimited number of "freedom fighters" in a matter of minutes. The fact that more and more are seeking information "online" gives me reason for hope, as well. Now if they would just.....ACT....on that newfound knowledge.

And then we have places like this, where we can get together, bounce ideas back and forth, and do some "brainstorming" if possible.
    This is the dawning of the age of..............

• 2gun2gun Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they will ban small knives after and when that doesnt end crime they will ban hammers. the human being knows that there are predators out there (even when one is a predator) and will always try to find a weapon that will give them an edge in defending or attacking.

i for one would use a lit ciggarette, a garbage can cover,my belt, almost anything is a weapon in a time of need and too many have forgotten that.

just so i can preach to the chior, who will turn in the swords? it will be the collecters, martial artists and those who have them for decorative purposes. certainly noone from the wrong side of the tracks is turning in their weapons. they dont obey the law anyway so why should they start now?

no end to the ban here in ny.wish we could our congresscritters too.
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pickenup, love your quote. I heard that the major "news" networks on TV are in a panic because they are losing viewers who don't agree with their bias. Because of the internet, we don't have to watch the Communist News Network (CNN). We can get our news from the GOA, Washington Times, and any other pro-gun source we want.

Also, a lot of new TV shows on NBC and Fox were cancelled becuase the politically incorrect people, ie white men betweeen ages 18-25 (that's me!) aren't watching their PC crap!

quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I am grateful for the internet. The speed at which people can be alerted of possible violations of our rights, freedoms and liberties,
    has increased 1000 fold. (or more) Where it used to be done by phone trees, or mass mailings, we can now send an email to an unlimited number of "freedom fighters" in a matter of minutes. The fact that more and more are seeking information "online" gives me reason for hope, as well. Now if they would just.....ACT....on that newfound knowledge.

And then we have places like this, where we can get together, bounce ideas back and forth, and do some "brainstorming" if possible.
    This is the dawning of the age of..............

edited November -1
    Now that the assault weapon ban has expired, Kerry is coming forth and showing his true colors on 2nd Amendment issues, and meanwhile, has shot himself in the foot. He is slipping, now. It has shown up in the polls now as a drop in support, putting the president in a true lead over the kommie party's candidate.

I hear a lot more demonkrats saying they won't vote for Kerry than I hear Republicans saying they won't vote for Bush. Why would that be so?

Death to Tyrants!!!

"Followers of Christ, be armed."
    edited November -1
    Now that the assault weapon ban has expired, Kerry is coming forth and showing his true colors on 2nd Amendment issues, and meanwhile, has shot himself in the foot. He is slipping, now. It has shown up in the polls now as a drop in support, putting the president in a true lead over the kommie party's candidate.

I hear a lot more demonkrats saying they won't vote for Kerry than I hear Republicans saying they won't vote for Bush. Why would that be so?

Death to Tyrants!!!

"Followers of Christ, be armed."