In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Liberals should be liberal about gun ownership.

osmosysosmosys Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
Filed under:

* Rant

- site admin @ 2:30 am Edit This

I got into a debate with someone who said it was stupid to own a gun. He said that if I owned a gun I would shoot a innocent person.

Why do liberals think that owning a gun turns a person into a murderor?

Liberals don't seem to trust people, so they assume that anyone with a gun is going to kill them. In reality the opposite is true. An armed population is a peacful population. Think two armed people are going to insult each other and fire away for no reason? Of course not. Instead they will act more polite than usual.

These liberals talk about how much they hate government and how America is turning into 1984, but they shy away from guns as "evil" and "cowardly". Whose going to protect you when the government actually DOES turn into 1984? Whose going to protect you when a criminal comes into your house and decides to kill you? Do you think you are going to reason with someone like that? Do you think that cops are going to bother reasoning with a hardened killer? Do you think it's better to die a coward or to go out fighting when hannibal lecter junior comes in with a butch knife? Highly unlikely scenario, but that's no reason not to be prepared!

Liberals say that I would accidentally shoot my friend if he came home late. Do they think gun owners are total morons? If we hear something strange we get our guns and "wait" quietly in our rooms for the "person" to come to us. This is called maintaining the element of surprise. I suppose this concept is too damned difficult for a liberal to understand because they are too pre-occupied with avoiding conflict to understand simple tactics.

What makes an inanimate object evil anway? These liberals think they have such a strong philosophical base, but they fail to see that objects are used to do evil. A gun is nore more evil or bad that a stapler or a football. The use is what carries the meaning. People are not evil, but their actions are evil.

My favorite is the argument that if my gun was stolen and used in a crime than it would be my fault for owning the gun in the first place. This completely ignores that criminals will get a gun in anyway they can. Maybe I shouldn't own any possesions because a criminal could rob me, sell my goods, and use the money to buy a gun illegally!

In England where guns are not available to private citizens criminals still possess them. If we removed the second amendment in America criminals and cops would be the only ones armed. Our forefathers gave us the right to bear arms for a reason. When push comes to shove you have to fight or you entire way of life will be wiped out.

Most gun owners I know are the mellowest people. They keep their guns in their closet and take it target shooting or hunting. If they get angry they don't run to their gun. They yell and get over it. These aren't the kind of people that are violently waiting for the apocolypse. They are trained warriors that are honor bound to protect their society.

Liberals tell me that I shouldn't own a gun because I would never have to use it, but then they say I shouldn't own a gun because I would shoot someone. The likelihood that someone will invade your house is just as narrow (or close) as your best friend going nuts and shooting you with a gun. They use the argument that you will hurt someone, and then they use the argument that you will never have to. I guess I can't argue with that kind of logic.

The funniest part is to see how uninformed people are about gun laws.

The assault rifle ban is not the same thing as the assault weapons ban.

Assault weapons were banned in 1934. These are full automatic weapons.

In 1994 they banned assault rifles that are semi-automatic.

Two different bills for two different classes of weapons. When liberals think about the brady bill they think that fully automatic machine guns were banned under this bill. They weren't. Automatic weapons have been banned for 70 years!

Stand on your high horse liberals. Remove peoples rights to own guns, and then complain about the fact that the patriot act removes your constitutional rights. By the time the conservatives and liberals are done we truly will be in 1984 and you won't even be able to arm yourself to protect your famlies when the ghestappo arrives.

Do you know what the nazis did to the Jews before the halocaust? They removed their right to own guns. Ha! When the hang man comes will you be ready for him?

How someone could push to remove a right and then complain about their rights being removed is beyond me. If you ask me these liberals should take a few days of defense training with a rifle. Then they will see that the conservatives around them are the warrior caste that will protect them when this country eventually starts to fall.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

nuff said

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty good "rant" for your first post here.
    I do not understand their mentality either.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had about the same thing happen when a long time friend learned that I was an NRA member. Didn't speak to me for six months..it was actually, in some ways, rather nice. LOL Anyway, he apologized for his behavior/attitude and a few months later, on a whim, I bought a membership for him in the NRA just to counter balance the propaganda he was reading/listening to. He didn't think it was too funny, but after I conned (make that an outright lie) him into taking a ride in the country one Saturday morning, we ended up at my favorite shooting range. His eyes were wide, and he was definitely uncomfortable, but after seeing that those of us there were capably and safely handling/shooting, he loosened up a bit. Then he saw another professor from the university where he teaches and his attitude really changed.

Long story short...we shot up close to $100 worth of ammo....22, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, and 45 ACP. Since then we've gone several more times, he has renewed his membership in the NRA, and purchased a handgun...for self defense. IT can be done, you just gotta do it one person at a time.

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If every gun owner did that we'd be in better shape. I'd buy my friends a GOA membership instead, though.
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember, when we lose the 2amd. we can very easily lose the rest. Actually it's already here, When the Supreme Court says it's illegal for established publications to write critical articles about Presidential canditates 90 ? days before elections, Where has the United States right of free speach gone?

Be aware, be VERY aware.
    edited November -1
    You mean the liberals aren't liberal about gun ownership? I thought it was Komrade Kerry who is a huge gun owner and hunter!? I thought that the soulless Demonkrats were the only hope gun owners had because of the great 2nd amendment hero Kerry.

End of Sarcasm.

For me, I have no choice but to vote for Bush.
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Good post osmosys, welcome to the fold.

Salvage33, great story! I have used similar tactics to win over anti gun friends, but never the subscription idea. Very cool.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah, you like that word, eh? Demonkrat.

Has a certain ring of truth to it, doesn't it?

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
    edited November -1
    Gunphreak, I love the word demonkrat. Did you invent it? I also like how you spell gun kontrol.
    edited November -1
    I figure, if they want to be kommies, we should expose it any way we choose, right?

I don't believe Demonkrat is all together original. I've seen the word show up a few other times from other users after I originally used it, but I'm not sure if that's where they got it from or not.

It would simply be a sign that there are others of like mind, and I can live with that.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

edited November -1
    Gunphreak,
    You are the first person that I heard using the word Demonkrat as well as gun kontrol. Maybe you did invent them, provided you didn't hear them somewhere else first.
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent point Savage, convert one person at a time. Show them we truly love our sport, as much as millions love golf etc. Shooting sports can are everyone; disabled, young, old, whatever.

Much is written about the only reason for firearms is for self-defence, gun-owners tell tell the tale of how ours is truly a sport as well. Look at the Olyimpic (sic) Games, still award gold metals!!!
    edited November -1
    The 2nd Amendment is all about the right of self-preservation. To turn it into a sport, that is not the underlying principle of the 2nd Amendment.

But that's the beauty of the 9th Amendment, because that is where the right to take up things that you like to enjoy to do come in.

And consider this. The right to self-preservation includes feeding and clothing ones self, also. And it really doesn't make much sense to disallow practice for this most important right, now does it? Only a liberal could be this stupid, clearly because their life isn't important enough for them to assume responsibility to preserve it.

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    And another thing....

'Liberal' is a buzz word meant to vilify themselves by making themselves sound like freedom lovers. When looking at this word through the politically incorrect decryption lenses, the letters K-O-M-M-I-E become visible. A closer look, and L-I-A-R-S can also be seen.

You can call it a rose, but if it is a furry black animal with a white stripe down its back, the scent will not change due to a change in name.

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    Mr. Pissy Pants...

GOA or NRA...just think what the reaction of the left wing anti gunners would be if every member of both organizations bought a membership for a liberal. Don't know how many members of GOA there are..but to literally double the membership of the NRA overnight (from 4 million to 8 million members)would make ALL the politicians a bit more amenable to to the second amendment...don't you think? Or am I all wet on this?

John

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Salvage33,
    That would be something.....wouldn't it. [:0]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    I guess I'm not suffering from old timer's disease. LOL

Too bad we didn't have this thought about two years ago!

John

edited November -1
    You know, Michael Moore had the exact same idea.... bring in 5 million members, who can vote on NRA leadership, and totally subvert the organization against its original purpose.

Not a good idea.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• PtofimpactPtofimpact Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another view on things...many Elite Liberals, those who have money/power to influence politics, dont want the real Americans, working folks to have guns, yet take rosie o'donnell...
    Hates Guns huh, then why does she have Armed Guards to take her 'kids' to and from school...Why because she can pay someone else to carry.
    You know what it takes to make a Liberal a Conservative..drop them off on one end of a Crime ridden neighborhood Unarmed...if they escape alive, they just might see the other side of things.
    Thanks for listening.
    Ptofimpact
    quote:Originally posted by osmosys
    Filed under:

* Rant

- site admin @ 2:30 am Edit This

I got into a debate with someone who said it was stupid to own a gun. He said that if I owned a gun I would shoot a innocent person.

Why do liberals think that owning a gun turns a person into a murderor?

Liberals don't seem to trust people, so they assume that anyone with a gun is going to kill them. In reality the opposite is true. An armed population is a peacful population. Think two armed people are going to insult each other and fire away for no reason? Of course not. Instead they will act more polite than usual.

These liberals talk about how much they hate government and how America is turning into 1984, but they shy away from guns as "evil" and "cowardly". Whose going to protect you when the government actually DOES turn into 1984? Whose going to protect you when a criminal comes into your house and decides to kill you? Do you think you are going to reason with someone like that? Do you think that cops are going to bother reasoning with a hardened killer? Do you think it's better to die a coward or to go out fighting when hannibal lecter junior comes in with a butch knife? Highly unlikely scenario, but that's no reason not to be prepared!

Liberals say that I would accidentally shoot my friend if he came home late. Do they think gun owners are total morons? If we hear something strange we get our guns and "wait" quietly in our rooms for the "person" to come to us. This is called maintaining the element of surprise. I suppose this concept is too damned difficult for a liberal to understand because they are too pre-occupied with avoiding conflict to understand simple tactics.

What makes an inanimate object evil anway? These liberals think they have such a strong philosophical base, but they fail to see that objects are used to do evil. A gun is nore more evil or bad that a stapler or a football. The use is what carries the meaning. People are not evil, but their actions are evil.

My favorite is the argument that if my gun was stolen and used in a crime than it would be my fault for owning the gun in the first place. This completely ignores that criminals will get a gun in anyway they can. Maybe I shouldn't own any possesions because a criminal could rob me, sell my goods, and use the money to buy a gun illegally!

In England where guns are not available to private citizens criminals still possess them. If we removed the second amendment in America criminals and cops would be the only ones armed. Our forefathers gave us the right to bear arms for a reason. When push comes to shove you have to fight or you entire way of life will be wiped out.

Most gun owners I know are the mellowest people. They keep their guns in their closet and take it target shooting or hunting. If they get angry they don't run to their gun. They yell and get over it. These aren't the kind of people that are violently waiting for the apocolypse. They are trained warriors that are honor bound to protect their society.

Liberals tell me that I shouldn't own a gun because I would never have to use it, but then they say I shouldn't own a gun because I would shoot someone. The likelihood that someone will invade your house is just as narrow (or close) as your best friend going nuts and shooting you with a gun. They use the argument that you will hurt someone, and then they use the argument that you will never have to. I guess I can't argue with that kind of logic.

The funniest part is to see how uninformed people are about gun laws.

The assault rifle ban is not the same thing as the assault weapons ban.

Assault weapons were banned in 1934. These are full automatic weapons.

In 1994 they banned assault rifles that are semi-automatic.

Two different bills for two different classes of weapons. When liberals think about the brady bill they think that fully automatic machine guns were banned under this bill. They weren't. Automatic weapons have been banned for 70 years!

Stand on your high horse liberals. Remove peoples rights to own guns, and then complain about the fact that the patriot act removes your constitutional rights. By the time the conservatives and liberals are done we truly will be in 1984 and you won't even be able to arm yourself to protect your famlies when the ghestappo arrives.

Do you know what the nazis did to the Jews before the halocaust? They removed their right to own guns. Ha! When the hang man comes will you be ready for him?

How someone could push to remove a right and then complain about their rights being removed is beyond me. If you ask me these liberals should take a few days of defense training with a rifle. Then they will see that the conservatives around them are the warrior caste that will protect them when this country eventually starts to fall.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

nuff said
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ohhh, yeah...

If the Dems had had the sense to nominate a Southern, moderate, pro-gun Presidential candidate, instead of Kerry, we wouldn't be having any of this "neck-and-neck" election competition...

"Every child had a pretty good shot,
    To get at least as far as their old man got,
    But something happened on the way to that place,
    They threw an American flag in our face."
    -Billy Joel, "Allentown"
    edited November -1
    The problem with Republicans is that they are moderates. A little too moderate, in my book. Even if they weren't the Constitutional Republican "extremists" that I am, they would have to learn, a tax cut is essentially a band-aid on a bullet wound. Tax reform would be the better way to go, because that is the vaccine for the disease.

The problem with Democrats are that they have allowed their minority members to hi-jack their leadership. Do all Democrats feel like John Kerry? Nope. Not even half of them. It seems like it, after the liberal Demonkrats twist their fellow legislator's arms behind their back (a fatal flaw in the person's character, to allow this).

A solution: gag liberals. Everything they suggest destroys this country. Any time the other members listen to them and feel they may have a point, they missed the point altogether.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Nice work Salvage. Myself however I wouldn't waste the time or effort to do anything for an anti-gunner. I should probably think more like you, but I don't.

After the 2000 election I was talking to the 21 year old kid in our shop. It came up and he said he voted for Gore. I said holy cow dude that fool wants to take our guns away, why did you vote for him? His reason was because a woman "might want to get an abortion someday". He went on to say that if he needed the protection of a gun he would just come out to my house. I told him he would not.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have nothing to add to this disscussion... as a matter of fact I would like to use some of these points when the subject comes up in my area.... and it does, alot. It's funny, Cause one of my customers(I'm an armored car gaurd) looked at me with utter disgust(two shades of evil) when I said that it was ashame that the ca ban was still in effect. I found it ironic that a woman who loathes guns would hire a company that depends on guns(think Rosie). I thank all of you for helping me see the light on this subject.

Oh and by the way salvage33, the first true point and click was by Beretta in 1526 .... just thought you should know..[:D]
    edited November -1
    gonzo...actually the Beretta you are referring to didn't go click..it fizzed, then went bang..it was lit off by a glowing piece of rope. Just thought YOU might want to know.

John

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gonzo1510
    It's funny, Cause one of my customers(I'm an armored car gaurd) looked at me with utter disgust(two shades of evil) when I said that it was ashame that the ca ban was still in effect. I found it ironic that a woman who loathes guns would hire a company that depends on guns(think Rosie).

It is so hypocritical that many anti-gun people think the idea of a citizen or a non-law enforcement type would want the right to own and carry a gun for protection for themselves and their family. But those same hypocritical anti-gunners see nothing wrong with rich/famous/people or high ranking politicians having armed body guards or in the case of the armored transportation industry, the armored officers having guns in order to protect the money they are transportating. The fact that those same armored transportation officers might also use their guns to protect themselves while transportating that money seems to come as an after thought to those same anti-gun liberals. For example, very few of the anti-gun liberals would protest the armored transportation officers carrying firearms to protect the valuables they transport. But if that very same armored transportation officer wanted to take his gun home and have it to use to protect this family when traveling to aa bad part of town, those anti-gun liberals would think that was dangerous and unreasonable.

Gonzo1510 you might want to think about upgrading the term you use to refer to you and your position. In my part of the midwest anyone can be a "guard" such as school crossing guard, plant guard, etc. But anyone who has to qualify to carry a gun and has a job where they might have to use it is classiffied as an "officer". Besides you do a dangerous job and probably don't get paid what your job is worth. I know because I worked as an armored transportaation "officer" for the better part of 10 years here in the KC area. Had numerous holdups we narrowly avoided, had a friend shot and killed, had a friend shot and kill holdup man, pulled my gun several times, etc. Althhough the job gets little respect from the public and the law enforcement community, it deserves to be respected and better paid. Armored transportation jobs can sometimes get a little scary. Keeping in mind that armor piercing ammo can be found I never ever felt totally safe riding around in one of those armored trucks. For a long time, my partner and I used to start our Fri. A.M. run by going by the depot and picking up an armored truck at 4:30 AM, and driving to KCI airport and meeting a jet from N.Y. city. We would off load jewelry (sometimes millions of dollars worth) onto our truck and then drive from K.C. down to Bentonville Ark and deliver it to (of all places) the Wal-Mart warehouse and then drive empty back to K.C. and our day was over. But I always wondered if some of the many members of orgainzied K.C. crime families ever thought about hitting us while wwe were on some deserted stretch of highway.

Other somewhat hairy times were when my partner and I drove to KCI airport and met a commerical jet on the tarmac. After the passengers got off, wwe off loaded millions and millions of dollars of currency shipped in and bound for the K.C. branch of the Federal Reserve Bank. One time in particular I had as a partner a 23 year old woman who had been a K.C. police officer for one year until she got bounced. She at first look appeared to be a small, teenage boy. About 5ft 3 in tall and weighed about 130-140 lbs. Later learned to my happenines that she was hetrosexual. Anyway, one afternoon she and I trucked on up to KCI and met the jet and off-loaded 148 million dollars in $100.00 bills. Yeah, we were trucking a million dollars times 148: $148 million dollars. All she had in the way of weaponary was a six shot .38 Taruas revolver WITH NO EXTRA ROUNDS. I had my S&W .40 cal semi-auto with two extra mags and a 50 round box of ammo in my carry bag. It was kinda nerve-racking to be driving around KC and sitting in the driveway outside the federal reserve with that kind of cash since I read the newspapers enough to know that there are PLENTY of very compentent organized crimes members in KC who would hit us for ONE million dollars, let alone 148 million.

Anyway, point of this long story (thanks for letting me reminisce) is that your job should have more respect and pay a whole lot more.

JMHO

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    Liberals are only liberal with those who think EXACTLY as they do. Other than that, they are narrow minded syncophants who mouth whatever the daily line is from DNC headquarters.

John

edited November -1
    That's pretty accurate, Salvage. And orders from the present DNC are:

1. Ban all guns (except ours, but definitely Christians).
    2. Kill all unborns (except ours, but especially Christians).
    3. Free all prisoners (except all tax evaders, gun crime and thoughcrime legislation violators, and especially Christians).
    4. Pay your fair share of taxes (after WE have determined what they are, and for Christians, we'll take your so-called 'God's 10% also).
    5. Marry fags and dykes (In your face, Christians).
    6. Kill whitey (except us, but especially Christians).
    7. Above all else... Trust US, Despise Christians. They deserve a death sentence for their lack of vision.

Anyone care to argue about this?

Death to Tyrants!!!

• longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    No argument here gunphreak.......You are right on target!......As usual. L.H.
    edited November -1
    gunphreak...sheesh...I thought I was hardcore right wing! I might have to turn my head to the RIGHT to see you, maybe not, though. LOL

Don't know what the dems are up to now. They voted Harry Reid, D-NV as the Senate minority leader. He's a Mormon, devout and practicing, pro-gun, and sometimes tells the dem leadership to shove it. Could he be today's version of a Trojan Horse?

Questions, questions, questions...and no answers, but everyone needs to keep an eye on this guy and see what he does, when, and what he says and how he says it.

John

edited November -1
    What you may be witnessing is the Democrats retaking their party from the liberals.

Part of the reason for their abject failures have been that the minority of the party has somehow managed to hijack the leadership, and now, the party is going down the tubes.

But then, you may be right. This could be a trojan horse.

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    My solution? Get a President who recognizes the 1860-61 Articles of Secession issued by the southern states. They weren't recognized at the time by Lincoln, I say it's overdue. Legally, he can do it by Presidential fiat, though Congress can reverse it with legislation. However, representatives from the states in question would be banned from any such proceedings, having lost credential by said fiat. First, the FedGov should remove all portable national property from these states, in exchange for assumption of the total national debt. Military personnel from the south would be freed from the obligations of their oaths, but have the ability to renew allegiance to Washington. Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands could choose sides by plebicite. Various treaties allowing free use of connecting internal waterways by boats from both nations, border crossings allowed without passport and visa, etc.

Result, a liberal heaven in the north, 70% or so of whose electoral votes would have gone to Kerry, and conservative paradise in the new Confederacy, no slaves, but a 100% GOP track record.

-Billy Joel, "Allentown"
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Ahhhh.......We ain't ALL liberal in the North my good man....However in this state we DO get 75% voter turnout....
  • riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it is one of the easiest constitutional interpretations there is - there is no "privacy" in the constitution but they are standing in line to find that right
    edited November -1
    Salvage, if you take a look at GOA's congressional ratings, you will see that Reid from Nevada gets an F. I don't know who was promoting him as pro-gun, but I'm betting it was a friend of Kerry's.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    That's pretty accurate, Salvage. And orders from the present DNC are:

1. Ban all guns (except ours, but definitely Christians).
    2. Kill all unborns (except ours, but especially Christians).
    3. Free all prisoners (except all tax evaders, gun crime and thoughcrime legislation violators, and especially Christians).
    4. Pay your fair share of taxes (after WE have determined what they are, and for Christians, we'll take your so-called 'God's 10% also).
    5. Marry fags and dykes (In your face, Christians).
    6. Kill whitey (except us, but especially Christians).
    7. Above all else... Trust US, Despise Christians. They deserve a death sentence for their lack of vision.

Anyone care to argue about this?

Yes. There are plenty of Christians that are Democrats, and lots of churches whose preachings lean more or less towards the "liberal".

These are often the more established, mainstream Protestant denominations, Episcopal, Methodist, Presbyterian, United Church of Christ, ELCA Lutherans. Catholics can be all over the map, some very, very liberal, (like the "liberation theologists") some very, very conservative (like the current Papal heirarchy).

-Billy Joel, "Allentown"
    edited November -1
    I disagree (of course).

To be a Christian takes more than just 'going to church'. As a matter of fact, that can be a true cover up.

Jesus has instructed us that if you are not with Him, you are against Him. Therefore, if you stand with those who are for even a single one of those concepts, and you still call yourselves Christians, you may find out the hard way exactly what it was you stood for all along.

There are many lessons concerning false teachers, victim disarmament, infanticide, murder, thievery, high taxing, stealing from the church (the believers, not the building fund, but you can include that, as well), tyranny, false interpretation of the Law, the union of dykes and friends, and so many more things liberals (and even some conservatives) are not only guilty of, but proud of as well. Jesus warned His followers of troubles to come, as well, and instructed us what to do as a result.

Now, are they Christians... or wolves in sheeps' clothing?

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    dsmith...I was parroting what was reported on Fox News. Perhaps I should do some more research on this fellow. Thanks for the heads up.

John

A penny saved is a congressional oversight!
  • osmosysosmosys Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "What you may be witnessing is the Democrats retaking their party from the liberals.

Part of the reason for their abject failures have been that the minority of the party has somehow managed to hijack the leadership, and now, the party is going down the tubes."

Exactly what I think. What ever happened to conservative democrats? A lot of democrats seem to be stuck in a position of liking the core ideals of their party, but are alienated by liberal facism.

Not all democrats think guns should be banned etc etc.
  • SouthernGentSouthernGent Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never understood the mentality of where the blame is placed.

If I leave chemicals or medications out and accessible to my children and they get them, I am a bad parent and should be punished.

If I leave a loaded gun out, the gun is evil and should be banned.

If I get drunk and drive and kill someone, I am a bad person and should be punished for MY ACTIONS.

However, if I buy a gun legally and then use it to kill someone, the gun is evil and the gun manufacturer should be sued.

And I also find it interesting that the most visible proponents of taking guns from ordinary law-abiding citizens are also the ones who always seem to have armed bodyguards when they leave the house.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]
    edited November -1
    That's the way it is.

It's time to look deeply in the Liberal movement, and see what it is they stand for.

If you are a liberal, you believe gun kontrol will work, because it is not an evil heart that kills

You believe socialism will work, because in the past, the wrong people have been in control of that concept, leading to its failure.

you believe equality is something only they deserve.

you believe democracy is only a cover-up for socialism, but if the majority see it is the best way, we'll call it a democracy.

you believe the true enemy is Christianity, because it is the antithesis of liberalism, and directly contrary to socialism.

But here's my stand on it:

Trying to disarm the law abiding is EVIL and cowardly.

trying to circumvent the law to take everything someone else has is thievery, and thus EVIL.

trying to destroy a nation in some attempt to get equality is malicious and EVIL.

trying to tax everyone in accordance of what they make and not flat rate is thievery, and thus EVIL.

trying to walk all over those who have never done a thing to you is malicious and EVIL.

Are we seeing a common factor in all of this?

Liberals are EVIL!!! All those who stand on the side of the liberals are also EVIL.

It is not an irrational knee-jerk reaction that causes me to call anything a liberal does evil. I can prove it.

Death to Tyrants!!!