In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Highball

flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Over on General the other day you posted a comment to me and the thread was later locked so I could not reply.

You stated something to the effect that "if someone doesn't believe in freedom, then they are a slimeball, etc."

You should have said, to be correct and truthful, that if that someone doesn't believe in your defination of freedom then they are a slimeball. Oh, and to avoid being a "slimeball", that someone must also believe in your solution for our loss of freedom.
    edited November -1
    I've read many of the post on here that I didn't read before I posted my question in another thread. Having done this I see where your responses came from for that post. Now as I read your post further I wonder if maybe a man of your age should be patting yourself on the back as lustily as you do, you could hurt yourself badly. An over inflated ego such as yours has brought many greater men to their knees.
    edited November -1
    You posted this reply to my post over on General, and everything got locked so I couldn't continue.

quote:So, unless you fit in one of those catagories, how does my position on this even effect you or infringe on your, or anybody elses here, rights?

YOUR...and the government/nra methods used to distinguish those 'groups' you insist ought to be disarmed...involve forcing ALL to crawl on their bellies to beg permission to buy a weapon.
    This is intolerable to a man that believes in individual freedoms...and the basis foundation of this country.

As usual you and your side has to duck, weave, distort and somehow find a way to avoid directly dealing with my statement. I will say it again. If you are not a child, an illegal alien, a convicted VIOLENT criminal nor haven been adjucated as a mental defective, then I do not advocate you or anyone else has to crawl on their knees to purchase, possess or carry a firearm.

You take objection to my statement which makes me think you ARE one of the 4 groups I listed. Probably the child would be my guess.
    edited November -1
    Highball,
    You posted this on a different thread and I did not want to hijack that one.

See the highlighted area? I met a man today that is just like you described. He told me he is more patriotic than folks who wont "jump the hoops". He was talking about class 3 items. I was thinking about what you post all the time and how right on the mark you are with people just like I met.

Highball Posted - 01/02/2010 : 2:29:37 PM

Double-nine ;
    Welcome aboard.

Your treatice is pretty accurate for the rank and file anti-gunner.

There are other forms of this insanity, tho.

Those that feel that government permission makes them special, somehow...more manly, more honest, a better citizen.

Those pushing gun control so as to totally subjugate the citizens of this country..the better to instutite the tyranny they so earnestly crave.
    edited November -1
    I noticed over on General your posts didn't brag about you being a canary *. Why? Did you remove the info because you are ashamed of it?

Just wondering. Oh, you camp follows of Highball, feel free to jump in and be obnoxious in defense of your hero (as usual).
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    No...I dont see Freeminds post as being sarcastic.
    Merely trying to apply the same logic towards cops as is applied to US..the tax-paying citizen.
    Once again, the King has rewarded his loyal servents...while *+++ on us, his subjects.

Highball,

To begin with, by no means do I profess to speak for anyone other than myself here. If others care to offer their opinions either way, feel free.

I agree with a lot of what you have to say, and I am not saying this to troll, or start an argument, but the condescending, arrogant, pompous way you come across in many of your posts is a large reason I stay off of this board.

I stay more active than most other gun owners in sending E-mails and physical letters to both politicians and journalists regarding the restrictive firearm laws. I have even had one major journalist respond, admitting he really didn't know much about guns, but he was relying on "other people" for his facts. I offered to take him shooting, so he could realize the true differences between a Tec-9 semi-auto, and a true machine gun (as he referred to the Tec-9 in his article). He took me up on the offer, and now understands the differences between them.

I hope one day that you realize that most of us here are working for a common goal, and that your "I am the only one who is right" attitude really is not helping anyone here reach it. Like it or not, we currently have very restrictive gun laws. You can either take an active role in changing that (which I hope you are) or you can sit behind a keyboard, and tell a bunch of other gun enthusiasts that would probably be your ally that they are full of crap for having ANY belief that may differ from yours.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Been following these cases around the country.

Somebody rolls out a powerful enough laser to blind a pilot..with the intension of doing so.....ought to be executed post-haste.

This guy...? I think stupid is the operative word here.Not ignorance,mind you...he knew the laser was dangerous.

There are a half-dozen charges that could have been brought against this guy...but the Terrorist Act ain't one.The feds want to play with their new toy..refining it for what is coming.

Naturally...I would want to check the background...let us be sure that there are no ties to middle eastern people and Stupid....
    edited November -1
    flat8;

Just curious;
    You went to the trouble to address me directly on this subject.I expected a dialog,somewhat...argument,different opinion...something.

Care to elucidate ?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since it is addressed to Highball, I can't say anything.

Oh, and I was not here.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Since it is addressed to Highball, I can't say anything.

Oh, and I was not here.

The gene pool needs chlorine.

Just curious about what you thought about this case and its application of the Patriot Act. Not expecting an arguement, as I usually find myself on the same page as you on this forum. I personally think it's outrageous and it bothers me quite a bit.

But in order to expand upon my thoughts, I've C&P'd my reply to that original post below -

"Excessive bail, fines and "cruel and unusual" punishment are prohibited by the Eighth Amendment.
    No one was hurt or killled. Bail was set at $100,000.00. The man is looking at 25 years behind bars in a Federal prison, in addition to fines of a half-a-million dollars. Was he being foolish? Maybe not thinking things though? You bet. But who here has not been an idiot at one time or another? Anybody here ever drive after they had a few drinks? How about a fight? Did you ever, in any way, do something you regretted? If so, should your life have been destroyed by it? Or where you just lucky you didn't get caught . . . .
    I'm a private pilot who flies out of that airport by the way, and I still think he's getting a very raw deal."

Oh, and pickenup - I'll address the next one to you.
    [;)]
    edited November -1
    Ah...indeed.
    I am so used to being 'piled on' hereabouts I naturally assumed the worst...[:D]...and the rest of the gang was being very polite and not responding either.

" Outrageous " is the word you used...this sort of thing will become the norm,as we move deeper into "Homeland Security"...the words make me gag.This from a man determined to completely throw open the borders of this country....abdicating the PRIME RESPONSIBILITY of the Government..securing the safety of the citizens from foreign invasion.

Instead...he is turning the power of government against U.S. citizens.

I used to wonder HOW a Hitler could ascend to power.No longer,as I watch the steady progression of power grabbing.I don't believe that the present occupant of the office is capable of the charismatic force to completely get it done...but he is laying the groundwork and laws for it.
    edited November -1
    It is happening so fast . . faster than I ever thought possible. 911 was our
    Reichstag Fire. I work 3 blocks from the WTC site, and I remember walking in the smoke and dust of that day thinking about what would be lost as a result of that event. I knew what was coming, yet it is still almost unreal to me what has transpired over the past 3 years, and how little everyone seems to care.

I work with some fairly intelligent people. Yet, those that look at the copy of the Declaration of Independence I have hanging at work and ask me why I have it. When I tell them that document is the foundation that set the stage for the creation of the spectacular wealth around us in this nation, all I get is blank stares. When I comment that THOSE men understood liberty and individual soverienty, the briefly inquisitive individual will usually retreat without a word. Most have never read this document and never will. I don't know if this republic can be saved Highball, I really don't.

But then again, I live in New York City.
    edited November -1
    I live in Tulsa Oklahoma.

I share your same doubts.One would think that out here in the hintelands...values would be closer to reality.Not so.

Given the level of stupidity of the general populace...one wonders why to even care.
  • 5thcommernist5thcommernist Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Department of Homeland Security? Hmmmm...... I thought that was the Department of Defense. Oh, I almost forgot. DoD's job is taking care of foreign misadventures, so I guess we had to have somebody in charge of misadventures at home. I get so confused. Being a Vietnam vet and never having used an illegal drug in all of my 58 years, I have to keep reminding myself that it's called deja vu and not a flashback.
  • allrndcowboy123allrndcowboy123 Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to fly low level missions at night in a C-130 over Tenn. It never failed that while on NVGs we'd cross some lake and a fisherman would shine a spotlight up at us. Every time. No one ever gave any thought to going to athorities. We just launched flares in their direction to scare them a little. This laser thing is going too far. That is unless he WAS trying to crash a plane...