In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Capital Punishment- Pro or Con

swiftswift Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
Taking a survey to add to my book. I'm sure most of you are pro 2nd amendment, like myself, tell me if you are pro or con Capital punishment, add any comments you wish.

Comments

• JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think people who throw used chewing gum out in the parking lot should suffer the death penalty.

120sig01off.jpg120sig02EWS.jpg120sig03cwo.jpg04USNal.jpg05USNfra.jpg06USNnra.jpg07USNvssa.jpg
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • dlonewolflldlonewolfll Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pro capital punishment as well as retoactive abortion! In some cases it is the same thing and in others cases it is not.

When they bring back firing squads, I hope to have name name on the list of riflemen (or pistoleros, either is fine).
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Capital punishment is a splendid idea.

One additional law to be added....Any cop, Attorney, Judge that conceals information or railroads an innocent victim...takes the place of the convicted person on the gallows....

The jails are full of innocent people..put there by corruption of officials.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I'm for capital punishment when the courts and all concened are absoutely sure (DNA evidence, several good eyewitnesses, truthful confession, etc) that the guilty person is being executed.

I feel that too many innocent people have most likely been executed in the history of the USA

4lizad
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree that capital punishment should be legal with a jury conviction of murder in the first degree.

I like to think that violent rapists and child molesters could get capital punishment, but I am afraid of what kind of doors that would open (seeing how people have been convicted of child molestation based on the false accusations of one misguided youth, and likewise with false allegations of "date rape").

A lot of people think that you can't be "pro-life" and pro-capital punishment. In my mind the difference is simple, the 5th and 14th Amendments grant us the rights to life, liberty, and property, unless denied by the DUE PROCESS OF LAW. I think every death row inmate has received a jury trial. I don't recall any fetus that received a jury trial before being aborted.

-WW

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only when there is absolutely no shadow of a doubt, whether it be from DNA, videotape, or by confession without coercion, or some other incontrovertible evidence, as well as the crime being severe enough to warrant death, and it should be carried out in 3 days.

Adding to that... anyone who ramifies the US Constitution is waging waragainst the citizens of the US, and thus are guilty of treason. Such should also be sentenced to death.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I consider myself pro-life in all cases. I don't think that the death penalty should be allowed. Something about killing anarmed prisoners just doesn't seem right to me.

I would support hard labor for life inprisonment, though.
    edited November -1
    Dsmith;
    I Understand you position.

Too bad we couldn't train our criminals to give their victims a fighting chance....

Society has a duty...unpleasant as it is..to remove bad seed from the gene pool.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Read my sig.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quikdraw67
    Pro all the way. The process is flawed. One appeal and then time to meet the Reaper.

The penalty should be expanded to include rapists, child molesters, and habitual criminals, as in "three strikes, you're dead".

PA has a thriving prison industry, and unfortunatly its the only growth industry in the state.
    Kill of these worthless P.O.S. that populate the prison system, and pave the G**damn roads wtih the saved funds!!

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

You are correct Sir. You may or may not know that not too long ago rape and child molesting were capital crimes in many states. I can remember executions for rape. Eventually the public will have had enough, and the laws will change or there will be a return of vigilantes. When the government will not or can not maintain order, the citizens will, and rightly so.

MCsig1.jpg
    edited November -1
    I share your sentiments on punishing rapists and molesters, however given the manipulative and vindictive society we live in currently I cannot in good conscience sentence rapists and molesters to death for a single offense (I may be swayed for repeat offenders). I feel that there are many screwed up and misguided women and youths out there that have used accusations of rape and molestation purely for revenge.

Perhaps if we also made the False Accusation of rape or molestation a capital crime, then I may go along with it. But I would hate to see the guy that gets put to death and then months later we find out it was all a sham.

-WW

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
    edited November -1
    there are available drugs and electronic methods that tap directly into the brain..that are capable of telling when a subject is lying.

Before the perp is executed...he would be strapped on a gurney and asked a simple question..."Did you commit this crime you were convicted of.."
    The answer is no..? Then the question start down the chain of officials..until those lying are found....
  • diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm against it.

_bm.jpg God is good. God is great.
    Only God can make a Boatswain's Mate!
  • dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm for the death penalty, and have personally known at least a dozen people who have been executed. They have all deserved it.

I've worked in a Virginia jail for over 20 years.

Just to toss in another angle though, why don't we go to "professional" jurors ? Do you really want your fate decided by 12 people who couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty ?
    edited November -1
    quote:Just to toss in another angle though, why don't we go to "professional" jurors ? Do you really want your fate decided by 12 people who couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty ?

This would be an alright thing, provided they were fully aware jurors, and knew what jury nullification was.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    I share your sentiments on punishing rapists and molesters, however given the manipulative and vindictive society we live in currently I cannot in good conscience sentence rapists and molesters to death for a single offense (I may be swayed for repeat offenders). I feel that there are many screwed up and misguided women and youths out there that have used accusations of rape and molestation purely for revenge.

Perhaps if we also made the False Accusation of rape or molestation a capital crime, then I may go along with it. But I would hate to see the guy that gets put to death and then months later we find out it was all a sham.

-WW

You have a good point. I think there should be some kind of time limit on a woman deciding she has been raped. Too many go on a date and decide months or years later that she was raped. That's BS whether the death penalty is involved or not. Genuine rape should carry the death penalty. Retroactive rape is another question.

MCsig01.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcinffxva
    I'm for the death penalty, and have personally known at least a dozen people who have been executed. They have all deserved it.

I've worked in a Virginia jail for over 20 years.

Just to toss in another angle though, why don't we go to "professional" jurors ? Do you really want your fate decided by 12 people who couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty ?

After a while, too soon I'm afraid, they would become junior lawyers. I don't particularly like the current Jury System, but I can't come up with anything better. My main problem with the jury system is most jurors believe the judge when he tells them they have to find a defendant guilty if they find he has broken the law (jury nullification as mentioned by gunphreak).

MCsig01.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by diznuff
    I'm against it.

Even for people who throw used chewing gum out in the parking lot? [;)]

MCsig01.jpg
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm for it, but the only problem is the expense. So, I think they should start buying some cheap $50 .22 rifles and a box of federal 550 rounds for $7-8.

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

star_wars_kid.gif
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The death penalty is inhumane , instead of an electric chair . They need an electric couch and do 10 at a time. If you murder someone there is no need for a lengthy trial telling everyone how sorry you are, tell it to the victoms parentless child. Public executions would cure alot of the problems society now faces. JMHO [:)]
  • forthhorsemanforthhorseman Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer the Russian method. A guard shoots the condemned in the back of the head over a drain.
  • dlonewolflldlonewolfll Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    swift---read your book. Very good for the most part. Alot of good facts and figures. Sounds like you have had an interesting go at it so far...keep it up. To those who haven't read his book, contact him and get a copy. Good reading and in the end it goes to a good cause.
  • shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An eye for an eye..The death penalty all the way. Why should we spend our tax dollars to keep the guilty alive. We have enough technology the we should be able to prove beyond a doubt with out the lengthy wait and expense year after year until they are finally put to death. There are probably people still on death row that committed their crimes when I was young.How many dollars does that add up to..and what are they giving to our society

shelly
  • diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the cost to the tax payers is absurd. they could use that money for the military. they have a millionaires club in most jails. hence it takes 1 million dollars to keep you incarcerated by the time you are executed. now why not kill them as soon as they are sentanced you ask?? well now DNA is setting members of death row free after years of being found guilty so itll never happen. Now i have been taught to never bring up a problem unless i have a solution and I have to offer this setup...if you are found guilty of what today would sentance you to death you should be forced to donate your life to science and be a guinea pig for the good of mankind.

• carolinaboycarolinaboy Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe in the death penalty in cases of incontrovertible proof. if the evidence is circumstantial / indirect and cannot be without a doubt, then life at hard labor. No work, no eat.

I think the method of execution should be organ donation; sedate them, field strip for parts to do the most good, and turn off the heart/lung machine. Let them go out in a USEFUL way.

Jeffrey Dahlmer etc - .22 between the eyes; no sense in taking chances that THAT kind of sickness can be transmitted . . . .

Gun Control = FIRM GRIP!
    edited November -1
    quote:I believe in the death penalty in cases of incontrovertible proof. if the evidence is circumstantial / indirect and cannot be without a doubt, then life at hard labor. No work, no eat.

I think the method of execution should be organ donation; sedate them, field strip for parts to do the most good, and turn off the heart/lung machine. Let them go out in a USEFUL way.

Absolutely!! Good show, carolina boy. Here's another idea, but I don't know how effective such would be.

Build a human-sized microwave oven, and put a condemned beyond a shadow of a doubt prisoner in it and roast him. Then, let a few first time offenders clean up the mess. That's the beauty of deterrence.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the organ donating ..there is a lot of people that are good that could use the organs of the guilty..

shelly
    edited November -1
    I'm not going to say that isn't a bad idea, either, shelly.

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    I don't think it is a bad idea, as long as the recipient is aware that the organs are from a criminal. I suppose if I was dying it wouldn't matter, but I can only imagine the potential chemicals and disease running through those veins. Of course I guess they can screen for that stuff, hopefully?

Also, the Libs would have to allow us to carve them up before we kill them, as I'm sure lethal injection probably taints the organs after the fact. That would probably be the biggest roadblock.

-WW

wwsm.GIF

• Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I'm totally agains the electric chair....

Electric BLEACHERS, now....I can get behind that.

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
    Hunter S. Thompson"
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean, Colonel. Here's my take on death penalty, where it is carried out on those incontrovertibly guilty.

-Murder by poison-Gas chamber or lethal injection.
    -Murder by arson- Burned at the stake.
    -Murder by firearm- Firing squad.
    -Murder by strangulation-Hanging or gas chamber.
    -Murder and dismemberment-Drawed and quartered or guillotine.
    -Murder by knife or stabbing weapon-Impaling or slashing.
    -Murder of a child- The father gets to beat him/her to death.
    -Murder by physical assault- Stoned to death.
    -Violent rape of a woman-Any method. Genitalia cut off and shoved in their throat.
    -Nonstatutory rape of a child. Cut off genitalia and allow to bleed to death.
    -Perjury to which accused could be sentenced to death-whatever method they could have inflicted on the innocent.

Do we see a pattern here???

Death to Tyrants!!!

• kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    I know what you mean, Colonel. Here's my take on death penalty, where it is carried out on those incontrovertibly guilty.

-Murder by poison-Gas chamber or lethal injection.
    -Murder by arson- Burned at the stake.
    -Murder by firearm- Firing squad.
    -Murder by strangulation-Hanging or gas chamber.
    -Murder and dismemberment-Drawed and quartered or guillotine.
    -Murder by knife or stabbing weapon-Impaling or slashing.
    -Murder of a child- The father gets to beat him/her to death.
    -Murder by physical assault- Stoned to death.
    -Violent rape of a woman-Any method. Genitalia cut off and shoved in their throat.
    -Nonstatutory rape of a child. Cut off genitalia and allow to bleed to death.
    -Perjury to which accused could be sentenced to death-whatever method they could have inflicted on the innocent.

Do we see a pattern here???

Death to Tyrants!!!

Works for me [:D]

http://Blog.LestDarknessFall.com
    http://LestDarknessFall.com
    edited November -1
    Once again, I am against killing unarmed criminals. Gunphreaks methods would be cheap to do, as opposed to the ones currently used. The ones currently used cost more money than keeping them in prison for life. But I think you might be pushing the "cruel and unusual" aspect of the Consitution a little far there Gunphreak.
    edited November -1
    quote:But I think you might be pushing the "cruel and unusual" aspect of the Consitution a little far there Gunphreak.

Somebody answer me how death the same way you killed is "cruel" or "unusual", when it parallels their method?

quote: Once again, I am against killing unarmed criminals.

Not me. Chances are, their victims were unarmed, so you get what you deserve. I'm not going for a blood-feud fight to the death. This is punishment for evil deeds against another in an irreparable manner. I do not believe in vengeance.

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    us55840 Posted - 06/05/2005 : 1:01:09 PM
    quote:. All those 'learned individuals' that believe the shrinks can "rehabilitate" a harded criminal as out to lunch, in my opinion.
    Not out to lunch. Part of an overall scheme to allow citizens to be butchered...so that there is a great hue and cry for gun control..

I imagine it is a great frustration for the Elites that there is a hard core of Americans clinging to the belief that the best justice..is a .45 in the hands of a decent citizen...
    edited November -1
    Amen to that, Highball.

wwsm.GIF

edited November -1
    Hear hear!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

• hunter7737hunter7737 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pro death penalty for murders. Also needs to apply to crooked DA's that hide evidence and expert witness's that lie under oath.

Rick Graham
    edited November -1
    I agree. Not with death penalty but with the fact: Liberals want to release violent criminals from prison while disarming law abiding citizens so the citizens will live in fear. If the people live in fear, it will be easier for the government to manipulate them and afford the government even more power.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    Once again, I am against killing unarmed criminals.

What about the many unarmed criminals who, by using only superior brute strength, kidnap, beat, rape and kill an innocent woman?

4lizad