In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

los angeles police chief, illegally seized my gun

kevin redrickkevin redrick Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
the los angeles chief of police william bratton illegally seized my 30 piece, firearms collection.

on oct 4 2005, at 0400 hrs, i was arrested, by the los angeles police dept, and spent 34 days in la,s deplorable jail system.

lapd claimed that the dept of justice, had informed them that i was a 2 time, convicted felon for drug sales sentenced to probation.

my arrest was a fabricated, false arrest, that was a retaliation
arrest, for my previous filing of a lapd internal affairs complaint
case number cf#05-1800 after discovering that lapd officers, had illegally searched
my residence, stole cash, personal documents, breached my gun safe, dis-charged several of my handguns, and began a smear campaign, against me.

during my internal affairs investigation process, the assigned detective to my case,
detective david millan, informed
me that my land lord, macbeth apartment systems inc (760) 603-1051
possibly gave these officers acess, into my residence, to commit these crimes against me.

shortly afterwards lapd brass, removed this honest officers from my case.
my neighbor, had told me lapd officers, were entering my home each month, conducting a search.

ladp seized, all 30 of my guns ive
owned for 18 years.
hand guns, rifles, shotguns, such as,
ar15, beretta 92fs, sig pro 2340 357 sig, ak47, weatherby 270 winchester, glock 22,heckler and koch usp 40 cal, etc.

all of these weapons, were purchased legally in california, an registered in my name.

i spent 34 days in la,s deplorable jail system, that had a violent riot, resulting in 2 inmates being murdered.
conditions at the jail facility i was held in were deplorable, and a contributing factor, to the violent 2,000 inmate jail riot.

over crowding, was simply an under statement.

mentally ill inmates were housed with the general population, thus making them vulnerable, to exploitation, and neglect.

many inmates slept on the floors, due to a bed shortage with
vermin, rodents, filthy unkept floors, leaking toliets flooding our cells.

the jail,s structure itself, was primitive, in the state of decay, and simply troublesome.
gang members, often beat each other and non members

many of the inmates were ill, suffering from respiratory problems, rashes, untreated sores, athlete foot infections, so severe their feet were bleeding, and rottening!
substandard food was being served, to the inmates, which forced them to purchase food from the pitchess detention center canteen store, keefe commissary network at inflated prices, simply to maintain a healthy existence..
some inmates, often $200.00 per month , or more on the purchase of food products, from the canteen store.

the sheriff,s would often move me, from cell to cell, for unknown reasons, as if they were trying to hide me.?

many of the sheriff deputy staff members, were rude,verbally abusive, mentally un-fit
poorly trained, under-staffed.

in one incident, a inmate had his finger crushed in the cell security gate, after a sheriff deputy closed the gate on the inmates hand.

this inmate screamed, out in pain for over 5 minutes, before the sheriff, released the gate off his hand.

there was a trail of blood 25 feet long, along the cell corridor.
this incident took place at the
los angeles county jail-module
3400 abel 7
i believe, the inmate,s last name, was mendez !

i myself was housed in 3400 abel 8

when i arrived, at the jail for processing, the on site officers were
confused, as to why i was arrested, and did not know what criminal charge, to book me for.

they and the male asian detective, who transported me to the jail, began searching the california penal code manual,in order to find the desired criminal offense charge for me.

3 days later, i was given a strip search, and my inmate booking slip, was taken from me.

this allowed, the los angeles sheriff,s to alter my original arresting charge, to the new standing criminal charge of 12021 ca 1pc .

after, bailed out of jail, i immediately contacted the listed below
agencies, and informed them about my false arrest, false imprisonment, and the deplorable jail conditons, i witnessed.

i also, contacted the secretary of the california department of corrections, mr. roderick q hickman.
he sent me a reply, on a piece of yellow stationery paper, simply saying /not cdcr issues thanks?

i have been to court 15 times, since being out on a $40,000 bail, posted by bad boys bails bondmen co.,and my sister.
each time i arrive in court, for my case, members of the los angeles police, are no-show ?

i have also discovered, a document

that was left at my residence by one of the officers, who had participated, in the search warrant.

this was a (receipt for property taken into custody.

it list my( criminal charge as 12280(b) pc. signed by lapd officer teresa daugherty badge number (26859

this means the criminal charge against me was changed 3 times, before my release from jail.

my criminal case, is illegally being held up in court by the los angeles police dept, with the illegal assistance of superior court judge marcelita v haynes, and deputy public defender mr. salvador salgado.

lapd directed my case to a courtroom that they control.
this is the courtroom of
superior court judge marcelita v
haynes, div 33 dept 633
210 west temple street los angeles ca 90012

lapd continues to not show in court, thus denying me my chance to defend myself against, these fabricated criminal charges.

lapd continues, to gain favorable
unjust rulings, against defendants, who appear in judge marcelita v haynes courtroom.

on dec 14, 20, 2005
i won a victory, in la superior
court, after defending myself
against my land lord, lapd, and their attorneys, kimbal -tirey, and saint john, who tried to evict me from my residence.

i won this case because, one of the arresting detectives, jerry kowalsky, a 22 year veteran, told the presiding judge, mr. brett c. kline, that the criminal charges
against me were false, and fabricated.

he also told judge kline, that he took into custody, 29 gun purchase invoices, for proof of my legal ownership, of the guns.

and finally, detective kowalsky, told the judge, he and a lapd criminal record analyst, did a complete background check, on me only to find, no records, of my drug sales arrest, conviction, booking number, mug-shot etc.

detective jerry kowalsky, also told the judge, my arrest took place, after my filing of a lapd internal affairs complaint
number cf{05-1800.

well i have not received, any of my firearms, knives, ammo, firearm
purchase invoices, that were illegally seized by the los angeles police dept.

so far the mayor, city attorney, office of the governor, a.c.lu, state senator barbara boxer, president bush, and the attorney general have all refused, my plea for assistance, or the launching of an internal investigation into the lapd, public defenders office, and the presiding judge marcelita v haynes.

19 of my weapons, were purchased, at a gun store outlet, called turner,s outdoorsman
2323 hawthorne blvd redondo beach ca 310 214-8724

the owner is shirley andrews.
i was a customer at this store for 16 years.

sadly, my biggest disappointment was the cold no reply response, i got from the
national rifle association.

i am a lifetime paying member.
member ship number081094993

i sent them emails, phone calls, documents via mail.
and yet no response.

i wrote, and called their
nra civil rights defense fund
phone 703 267-1250
fax 703-267-3985
email nracrdf@nrahq.org

after 17 years of paying their dues, this is how they repay their
members, no-response.

im due in court again on feb 23
2006, to continue to fight the false criminal charge 12021 ca 1pc, and retain my weapons.

sadly lapd, have made sure i get a deputy public defender, that they control, and he will inform them on my strategic legal moves...

the deputy public defender assigned to defend me mr. salgado, is controled by lapd.

i noticed, he had 8 surgical metal staples, in the top of his head, for unknown medical reasons !
he is always very nervous, and extremely agitated !

he has, assisted lapd by fabricating evidence, to entrapp me.

on jan 25, 2006 i was asked by this deputy public defender to submitt, my finger prints on a fis finger print card, to compare them to the drugs sales, convicted person, to see if its indeed me.

well i did this, however when my prints were being taken, by a man
who said his name was edgar berrios, a lapd civilian employee, i was removed to another courtroom, during this printing process.

this was done in judge dorothy b reyes chambers div 43.
during this process, i knew something was indeed wrong
because, the male hispanic deputy sheriff, in court covered his name badge, so i could not see is name tag.

i have yet to see any of these drug arrest files , probation report records, booking numbers, etc. even after asking the public defender to allow me to veiw, these items.

this public defender has done the following things to assist lapd, frame me.

hide evidence, that could exonerate me

inform lapd on my strategic legal moves.

participated in a evidence fabrication entrappment.

violated my civil rights.

failed to introduce evidence, which could assist, or exonerate me.

if anyone reads this post please pass this info onto others, if you live in california
this could maybe well be you, in the future!

please also read my 2 additional post subjects, on this forum.

1.los angeles police illegally seized 30 guns my 30

2. inventory of kevins seized guns.

i have list the many government agencies i have contacted for assistance.,

please contact them, and demand a full investigation into my false arrest, and illegal weapons seizure.
thanks

kevin redrick
criminal case number/ba29134701
booking number 8761400

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

contact agencies

white house president bush
202 456-1414

office of the governor
916 445-9555

office of the city attorney
213 978-2173

dept of justice
1 800 952-5225
919-322-3360

b.a.t.f
202 305-8189
www.atf.gov

california division of law enforcement 916-227-3481

la county board of supervisors
213 974-1411

california fraternal order of police president roger mayberry
707 456-0312

international association of chiefs of police
703 836-667

la county public defenders integrity assurance section/ report corrupt public defender,s
213 893-2398

california commission on judicial performance/ report corrupt judges
415 557-100
fax 415 557-1266

cnn news organization
newstips@cnn.com

la county bar association
213 627-2727

la times news paper publisher jeff johnson
metrodesk@latimes.com
213 237-5000
202 west 1st street
la ca 90012

california state senator dianne feinstein
202 224-3841

national rifle association
703 267-1250

office of the la mayor
213 978-0600

la public defender executive office
213 974-2811
210 west temple street 15th floor
la ca 90012

senator barbara boxer
boxer.senate.gov

city news service
310 481-0401
citynews@pacbell.net

policeabuse.org

state senator dianne feinstein
feinstein.senate.gov

act now or you could be next
thanks have a great day.
you can reach me at the below emails

sigboy@webtv.net

kevinredrick@webtv.net

kevin redrick
2424 wilshire blvd unit 420
los angeles ca 90057

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    My God Man! You have suffered. I don't know what to say. I'm just plain shocked. Is there some closer, more local pro-gun rights group you could appeal to for help? I don't know what to say about the NRA except that they probably get pleas for help all the time and perhaps just don't have the funds and/or manpower to help. Course it wouldn't have hurt them to at least respond to your plea for help. That does disappoint me. If we had more choices on where to place our faith for national help in the gun rights war I would give serious consideration to making the NRA explain itself in regards to your case or I might just take my alligance elsewhere. As it is, in my case, there just aren't many other choices. Can't go it alone.
  • AIMSML_MSSMLAIMSML_MSSML Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kevin redrick
    the los angeles chief of police william bratton illegally seized my 30 piece, firearms collection.

on oct 4 2005, at 0400 hrs, i was arrested, by the los angeles police dept, and spent 34 days in la,s deplorable jail system.
    . . .

[V]
    You have nothing left to lose in contacting the ACLU (not my first choice, but your civil rights definitely sound as if they were violated):

Also, there is an attorney, Stephen Yagman, whose successful career is entirely focused on defeating LAPD's shady operations: http://www.yagmanlaw.net/
    The Yagman website states:
    "WE ARE FEDERAL CIVIL RIGHTS LAWYERS, WHO ALSO HANDLE OTHER TYPES OF CIVIL CASES, HABEAS CORPUS AND CRIMINAL LAW MATTERS.
    WE ARE ACTIVE IN PROTECTING THE RIGHTS OF THOSE ABUSED BY POLICE BRUTALITY AND OTHER GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION."

This is the nature of bureaucracy.
    Always has been, always will be.
    I'm not sure what your complaint was to internal affairs, but I hope it was worth it.
    [V]
    You sound like you need a real lawyer.
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get 500 people to cut and paste this story on the NRA's web site under contact. As for the ACLU don't wast your time. I have been there and done that.[8D]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kevin redrick

lapd claimed that the dept of justice, had informed them that i was a 2 time, convicted felon for drug sales sentenced to probation.

my arrest was a fabricated, false arrest, that was a retaliation
    arrest, for my previous filing of a lapd internal affairs complaint
    after discovering that lapd officers, had illegally searched
    my residence, stole cash, personal documents, breached my gun safe, dis-charged several of my handguns, and began a smear campaign, against me.

during my internal affairs investigation process, the assigned detective to my case,
    detective david millan, informed
    me that my land lord, macbeth apartment systems inc/760 603-1051
    possibly gave these officers acess, into my residence, to commit these crimes against me.

shortly afterwards lapd brass, removed this honest officers from my case.
    my neighbor, had told me lapd officers, were entering my home each month, conducting a search.

ladp seized, all 30 of my guns ive
    owned for 18 years.
    hand guns, rifles, shotguns, such as,
    ar15, beretta 92fs, sig pro 2340 357 sig, ak47, weatherby 270 winchester, glock 22, hand k 40 cal, etc.

i spent 34d days in la,s deplorable jail system, that had a violent riot, resulting in 2 inamtes being murdered.

i have been to court 11 times, sicnce being out on a $40,000 bail, posted by bad boys bails bondmen co.

my criminal case, is illegally being held up in court by the los angeles police dept.

lapd directed my case to a courtroom that they control.
    this is the courtroom of
    superior court judge marcelita v
    haynes, div 33 dept 633
    210 west temple street.
    lapd continue to not show in court, thus denying me my chance to defend myself against, these fabricated criminal charges.

lapd continues, to gain favorable
    rulings against defendants, who appear in judge marcelita v haynes courtroom

on dec 14, 20, 2005
    i won a victory, in la superior
    court, after defending myself
    against my land lord, lapd, and their attorneys, kimbal -tirey, and saint john, who tried to evict me from my residecne.

i won this case because, one of the arresting detectives, jerry kolawsky, a 22 year veteran, told the presiding judge, mr. brett kline, that the criminal charges
    against me were false, and fabricated.
    he also told judge kline, i took into custody, 20 gun purchase invoices, for proof of my legal ownership, of the guns.
    and finally, detective kolawsky, told the judge, he and a lapd criminal record analyst, did a complete background check, on me only to find, no records, of my drug sales arrest, conviction, booking number, mug-shot etc.
    he also told the judge, my arrest took place, after my filing of a lapd internal affairs complaint
    number cf{05-1800.

well i have not received, any of my firearms, knives, ammo, etc, illegally seized by the los angeles police dept.

the mayor, city attorney, office of the governor, a.c.lu, state senator barbara boxer, preident bush, have all refused, my plea or assistance.

19 of my weapons, were purchased, at a gun store outlet, called turner,s outdoorsman
    2323 hawthorne blvd redondo beach ca 310 214-8724
    owner shirley andrews.
    i was a coutomer at this store for 16 years.

sadly, my biggest disappointment was the cold no reply response, i got from the
    national rifle association.
    i am a lifetime paying member.
    member ship number081094993
    kevin redrick
    i sent them emails, phone calls, documents via mail.
    and yet no response.

i wrote, and called their
    nra civil rights defense fund
    phone 703 267-1250
    fax 703-267-3985
    email nracrdf@nrahq.org
    after 17 years of paying their dues, this is how they repay their
    members, no-response.

im due in court again on feb 23
    2006, to continue to fightthe false criminal charge 12021 ca 1pc, and retain my weapons.

sadly lapd, have made sure i get a deputy public defender, that they control.
    the deputy public defender assigned to defend me mr. salgado, is controled by lapd.
    i noticed, he had 8 surgical metal staples, in the top of his head.
    he is always very nervous.
    he has, assisted lapd by fabricating evidence, to entrapp me.

on jan 25, 2006 i was asked by this deputy public defender to submitt, my finger prints on a fis finger print card, to compare them to the drugs sales, convicted person, to see if its indeed me.
    well i did this, however when my prints were being taken, by a man
    who said his name was edgar berrios, a lapd civilian employee, i was removed to another courtroom, during this printing
    process.
    this was done in judge dorothy b reyes chambers div 43.
    during this process, i knew something was indeed wrong
    because, the male hispanic deputy sheriff, in court covered his name badge, so i could not see is name tag.

i have yet to see any of this drug arrest files , records, booking number etc even after asking the public defeder to allow me to veiw, these items.

this public defender has done the following things to assist lapd, frame me.
    hide evidence, that could exonerate me
    inform lapd on my strategic legal moves.
    participated in a evidence fabrication entrappment.
    violated my civil rights.

so if anyone reads this post please pass this info onto others, if you live in california
    this culd maybe well be you.

will list the many government agencies i have contacted for assistance.
    please contact them, and demand a full investigation into my false arrest, and illegal weapons seizure.
    thanks
    kevin redrick
    criminal case number/ba29134701
    booing number 8761400
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    contact agencies
    white house president bus
    202 456-1414

office of the governor
    916 445-9555

office of the city attorney
    213 978-2173

dept of justice
    1 800 952-5225
    919-322-3360

b.a.t.f
    202 305-8189
    www.atf.gov

california division of law enforcement 916-227-3481

la county board of supervisors
    213 974-1411

california fraternal order of police president roger mayberry
    707 456-0312

international association of chiefs of police
    703 836-667

la county public defenders integrity assurance section/ report corrupt public defender,s
    213 893-2398

california commission on judicial performance/ report corrupt judges
    415 557-100
    fax 415 557-1266

cnn news organization
    newstips@cnn.com

la county bar association
    213 627-2727

la times news paper publisher jeff johnson
    metrodesk@latimes.com
    213 237-5000
    202 west 1st street
    la ca 90012

california state senator dianne feinstein
    202 224-3841

national rifle association
    703 267-1250

office of the la mayor
    213 978-0600

la public defender executive office
    213 974-2811
    210 west temple street 15th floor
    la ca 90012
    act now or you could be next
    thanks have a great day.
    you can reach me at

sigboy@webtv.net
    kevinredrick@webtv.net

kevin redrick
    2424 wilshire blvd unit 420
    los angeles ca 90057.
    That is one heck of a story Kevin.
    Another SAD detail is.......you are NOT alone.
    And it is not "only" happening in California.

To make a long story short.
    A member who "used" to post here was SET UP, went to prison, and died there.

Don't get me wrong, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just wondering. You made several references to a drug charge. Were you arrested for drugs? Convicted?
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some more contacts for you:

California Rifle & Pistol Association
    http://www.crpa.org/

Jews for the Protection of Firearms Ownership
    http://www.jpfo.org/

Could just be another waste of paper, but maybe worth a shot. I know when I used to be a CRPA member they advertised some sort of legal defense lawyer in there newsletters. Maybe it is on their website, I didn't look at it in depth.

AIMSML_MSSML, every moment you stay there and fight you inch closer to this fate. And yes, pickenup, it ain't just California. It's soon coming to your neighborhood (meaning all of our neighborhoods).

Comengetit used to have a "what if..." post about all of us hypothetically rallying someplace if the SHTF... hmmm.

-Wolf
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Wounded Wolf;
    We had some bitter words, in the 'beginning'....welcome aboard,friend.

Neal Boortz took a call from somebody in Calif. yesterday...and Boortz mused as to wether somebody would insist on their Second Amendent rights and actually USE their gun when the collections started....
    edited November -1
    In an effort to help, I sent the below e-mail to the NRA today:

Hello. Myself, daughter and 3 yearold grandson are strong NRA supporters. We do what we can and this has included volunteer work for the Friends of the NRA two years in a row among other things. I would like to know why you apparently have refused to respond to contacts from another NRA member Kevin Redrick of L.A., Calif. His story is that he has been horribly mistreated at the hands of the L.A. PD because he is a gun owner.

His is a link to his story. You may want to look into this because at the very least it makes the NRA look uncaring.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=190319

While this may or may not be true, it would seem only fair to at least answer his communications.
    Thank you.

Kevin, I removed our names from this copy of the e-mail. If somehow you are forwarded a copy of my e-mail that contains my name, please do not post that information on the internet. Thank you.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf

Comengetit used to have a "what if..." post about all of us hypothetically rallying someplace if the SHTF... hmmm.

I plan on holding fast right where I am.
  • kevin redrickkevin redrick Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes i was finger printed on my oct 4 2005 arrest.
    i was told to re-submitt my prints on jan 25 2006, in order to prove
    i was ot the person convicted for sales of drugs in 1993.
    today in court 2-24-06 i was proved correct, the d.a. dropped that 1993 drug case, it was not me, my prints proved that.
    i just caught them the district attorney, and lapd in another fabricated lie.
    my case has now been transfered to another court room div 134.
    my next court date is march 10 2006.
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If only one or two of these charges were true it would be easy to get publicity. Have you contacted any media outlets? A conspiracy involving the LA PD, the court system, judges, private attorneys etc. is very unlikely but would make great news. Once you get the publicity you can probably get a much better attorney to represent you. If a well known/respected attorney made the same charges the media would be all over it.

You need to organize your description of events in a press realease format(who, what, where when...just the facts)so they sound more logical and less prejudicial against the LAPD. If you make even a single charge you cannot substantiate, it hurts the credibility of your entire message. Stick to the facts you have on paper. The purpose is to clear your name, not smear LAPD. If LAPD did wrong, it will come out in the facts and when those facts are made public some other govt. organization will go after the LAPD>
    edited November -1
    The above is very good advice. In fact I think I would make a formal charge with the local FBI office. One of their jobs I believe is to investigate police departments who go bad. Might go over to the GB.com general discussion forum and post a question to the LEO's on the forum about who/what/where they would take their complaint/case if they found themselves in similar trouble.

I myself have already sent an email and I am on medical leave from work since Feb. 1 (no income) and probably can't return to work intil mid-April so I don't have any funds I can access right now to help.
    edited November -1
    I have contacted several media outlets with the following message:

quote:I am contacting you regarding a situation that very much troubles me. A gentleman named Kevin Redrick of Los Angeles, California has been involved in a legal battle with the Los Angeles Police Department since last October.

Mr. Redrick had his 30 piece firearms collection seized by the LAPD on October 4, 2005 at 4:00am. He was arrested and spent 34 days in the Los Angeles County Jail.

According to Mr. Redrick, the LAPD claimed that the California Department of Justice had informed them that Mr. Redrick was a two time convicted felon for drug sales and was serving probation, yet Mr. Redrick had never been arrested, tried, or convicted of any such charges.

Mr. Redrick believes that the seizure of his firearms and the false drug charges were triggered by an internal affairs complaint that he filed with the LAPD. He believes that he is now being retaliated against by the Los Angeles Police Department. During his time in jail, neighbors claim that the LAPD repeatedly entered his apartment and seized various personal items, including his firearms collection.

Since posting $40,000 bail in November, Mr. Redrick has been to court over a dozen times. He has successfully had every charge dismissed against him except for one. The California Department of Justice has refused to pursue any charges against him. Only the LAPD are pursuing criminal charges against Mr. Redrick in the Los Angeles Superior Court for the possession of an "assault weapon". The firearms in question were legally purchased by Mr. Redrick before the California assault weapon ban was enacted, however the LAPD has seized all of Mr. Redrick's invoices and paperwork for these firearms. One of the arresting detectives that took Mr. Redrick into custody admitted in court that the LAPD does possess these invoices.

On January 25, 2006, Mr. Redrick submitted fingerprints to the court in order to prove he was not the person that was convicted for the sale of drugs in 1993, as claimed by the LAPD. On February 24, 2006 he was proven correct, his fingerprints did not match those of the individual sentenced in 1993 and the Los Angeles District Attorney dropped all of the drug related charges against him. The District Attorney, now claims the court discovered that someone else was arrested in 1993 and used Mr. Redrick's identity. Yet despite the fact that these charges were dropped, the LAPD continues to pursue firearms charges against Mr. Redrick, even though the false drug charges were the initial reason they entered his residence and seized his property.

Since being arrested, Mr. Redrick has lost his job, served over a month in jail, and continues to be threatened with eviction, despite the fact that he has already won an eviction case against his landlord.

Kevin has attempted to contact the NRA several times, as well as others 2nd Amendment organizations, but has not received any meaningful response. I became aware of his situation as a member of the Gunbroker.com forums. Kevin has posted information about his story here:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=190319

and here:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=191445

Kevin may not be an eloquent man, but the facts of his case speak for themselves. His court records can be accessed through the Los Angeles Superior Court website for a fee of $4.75:

https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/judicialOfficers/main.asp?Referer=Index

Kevin's next court date is Wednesday, March 23, 2006 at the Los Angeles Superior Court, Division 134, 15th Floor, Judge Mark V. Mooney presiding. The court will address the final charge against Mr. Redrick of possession of an "assault weapon".

I have attempted to verify the facts of Mr. Redrick's story to the very best of my ability. I am hoping that someone with more resources and ability will be able to look into Mr. Redrick's situation. Mr. Redrick can be contacted directly at:

Kevin Redrick
    2424 Wilshire Blvd., Unit 420
    Los Angeles, CA 90057
    sigboy@webtv.net
    kevinredrick@webtv.net

Kevin has been very successful in fighting these charges in court, but if he is correct in his belief that the Los Angeles Police Department is actively retaliating against him, then this story needs to be heard. Kevin Redrick has endured great hardship. Even if this last charge against him is dropped, he unlikely will ever have his property returned to him, and the financial and psychological repercussions of these events will haunt him for years.

If you or anyone you know can assist him or has the ability to further investigate his situation, then I ask that you please do so.

Sincerely,
    edited November -1
    I for one appauld and salute you for your tireless efforts, Wounded Wolf.
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WW
    Did anyone send you a reply?
    The media is mostly anti-gun.[8D]
    edited November -1
    I got a reply from Ted Nugent's e-mail screener that it had been forwarded to his office.

So far that is it.

-WW
    edited November -1
    hello again, to the gun broker
    community, from kevin redrick.
    be advised march 23 2006, i will
    be attending my next court date, at the los angeles superior court div 134 presiding judge mark v mooney.
    once again, i would like to give thanks, to all of those who have given me moral support.
    please continue to inform others, such as, friends, chat rooms, blogs, media outlets, inter net sites, about my false arrest, illegal firearms seizures, and the
    civil right injustices, which are taking place in los angeles, at the hands of the los angeles police department.
    you have my permission to use any of my posted information, that may possibly assist others.

i have now received, mail replies from the u.s. house of represenatives, and the united states attorney ,debra wong wang/central district of california.
    once again, i only ask for the forum,s moral support.

a spsecial thanks to wounded wolf.
    take care kevin redrick
    edited November -1
    hello gun broker forum, from kevin redrick.
    today i attended my next court proceedings.
    i was simply given another court date, to appear for the trial phase.
    that date is may 15 2006 at div 134 assigned judge mark v mooney.
    please continue to tell others about my case, and my need for any assistance.
    take care kevin redrick
    edited November -1
    hello to the gun broker forum, from kevin redrick.
    this could possibly be my last post, or contact on this forum.
    please continue, to inform others, about false arrest, false imprisonment, and illegal firearms seizure, at the hands of the los angeles police department,and police chief william bratton.

my next court date, hopefully to begin trial is may 15 th 2006, div 134 15th floor assigned judge mark v mooney.

i also encourage, you to continue to notify, the agencies i have listed on my (3) post, ..making them aware of the legal injustices, taking place in superior court judge marcelita v haynes court room , 210 west temple street.
    you action, could, free others wrongly convicted, and force these unjust convictions to be, reversed.
    please make sure you read my 3 post, on this forum.
    thanks again for your moral support. take care kevin redrick
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see you've brought this to the top, Kevin Redrick.

I don't see any new material. What happened?

Thanks,

Don
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    This is a moldy one. Wonder how it turned out.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you thought of moving out of the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia?
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is an old post but it goes to show you how much help all these orginizations are, seems all they want is your money, when someone cry's for help they turn their backs from a good fight. This happens too many times and it's why Obama, Clinton, Bloomingdale & Co are winning. [:(!] The boots are being polished, get ready [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

I was surprised to see it moved to the top, MP, particularly by the originator of the thread without any explanation.

It would be nice to why he chose to bring it up again.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

I was surprised to see it moved to the top, MP, particularly by the originator of the thread without any explanation.

It would be nice to why he chose to bring it up again.
    And here he's done it again with not so much as a discernible update as well.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain