In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Assault Weapons Ban in Congress

slamlander666slamlander666 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1022.IH:

Here we go again.
What does it mean to go to the "judiciary committee"?
I don't like this one bit.

Comments

• Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Folks, HERE IT IS!!!

OutdoorsBest Forums: AWB HR-1022 Revisited, Text of bill included:

A BILL To reauthorize the assault weapons ban,and for other purposes.

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=589019&postid=7146338

H.R. 1022:
    To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes:

110th U.S. Congress (2007-2008)

This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise bills before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee.

Bill Overview:
    Introduced: Feb 13, 2007
    Sponsor: Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY] (no cosponsors)
    Last Action: Feb 13, 2007: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
    Full Text: View Full Text of Bill

Committee Assignments:
    This bill is in the first stage of the legislative process where the bill is considered in committee and may undergo significant changes in markup sessions. The bill has been referred to the following committees:

House Judiciary

(Because the government takes a day or two to post legislative information online, GovTrack is usually current as of the start of the previous day.)
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No cosponsors!!!

Out of 455 members, certainly, someone would have cosponsored it if it were a good idea.
  • slamlander666slamlander666 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have a point. Maybe the lack of cosponsers is the realization of those in congress that this could be disasterous for them. The original AWB was about at the turning point for the 1994 congress if I remember corectly. Cautious optimism. Contact your congressman anyway.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slamlander666
    You have a point. Maybe the lack of cosponsers is the realization of those in congress that this could be disasterous for them. The original AWB was about at the turning point for the 1994 congress if I remember corectly. Cautious optimism. Contact your congressman anyway.

That's some good advice....
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Already emailed my Congressman about it.
    edited November -1
    slamlandr666 wrote:

We should all take your advice. When she introduced the AWB in the 109th (H.R.1312) she got at least 94 co-sponsors. This new bill (H.R. 1022)is more specific, more intrusive and (almost) all encompassing. She is learning from her mistakes and God help us if she really learns anything about guns.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel
    slamlandr666 wrote:

We should all take your advice. When she introduced the AWB in the 109th (H.R.1312) she got at least 94 co-sponsors. This new bill (H.R. 1022)is more specific, more intrusive and (almost) all encompassing. She is learning from her mistakes and God help us if she really learns anything about guns.

I wouldn't exactly say she's learning from her mistakes if she makes a bill so aggressive, no one wants to sign on it of cosponsor it.
    edited November -1
    She still bares watching.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel
    She still bares watching.

Good point...[^]
  • biglou250biglou250 Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sent my congressman.