In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Poll....

dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
How many of you were in Washington DC, 14 Aug. 1994?
Don
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was,...............................................................................................................................................................not!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    That would have been during the clinton reign number one right?

No I wasn't.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dongizmo:

Washington, D.C. August 14, 1994; Average High: 87?; Average Low: 69?;
    Record High: 99? (2002); Record Low: 58? (1961); Average Precip: 0.11 in ...

No. What's the point???
    edited November -1
    There was a gun rights march on Washington that day.
    JPFO was there, and the turnout was "pitiful".
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc1301:

Sorry, I was still Active duty at the time and knew nothing about it. That's my son's birthday and I missed that too!!!
    edited November -1
    He is making a point,......as someone over on GD, made a suggestion about vets organizing a march on Washington.
    Showing how lousy the turnouts ususally are, and that "gun" folks like us, do not even participate.
    Unfortunately he is correct.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    He is making a point,......as someone over on GD, made a suggestion about vets organizing a march on Washington.
    Showing how lousy the turnouts ususally are, and that "gun" folks like us, do not even participate.
    Unfortunately he is correct.

Marc,
    We could never have a "Million man march" most of us have jobs & responsibilities[:(]
    But
    You would think with as many members as on here, there would be at least 1 other..........
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
    edited November -1
    You are correct Don.
    Seems you were the only one from this board.
    I was 32 at the time, and like you said, totally involved in running a fairly new business.
    The anti's all know this.
    No excuse though on my part,.......I will be kicking myself in the * one day for not doing more, earlier.
    I am trying to make up for some of it now though.