In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

does anyone know ?????

cherries_angelacherries_angela Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
if its legal to own a cobray mac 11 (9mm) in the state of missouri? i know its a sub machine gun and im not sure if its okay or not? if it is is there any special things that i have to do to have it or is it just like having my other hand guns? thanks in advance Miss Angela

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    It is not a 'machine gun' unless it is capable of full auto fire.

My understanding of Missouri law is that any handgun transfer must go thru your local police.
    All that being said...local jurisdictions often have much more restrictions then Federal. Under some insane local politician, you may well be holding 'a sub machine gun'...

The best plan, perhaps, is to contact the local Police Chief.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as it is not full auto it is the same as any other gun. Missouri no longer requires handgun transfers to go through the local police. They changed the law a while back.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for that update, Slumlord..I wasn't aware of that.
  • cherries_angelacherries_angela Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    okay thanks so much!!!! [8D]
    edited November -1
    Please don't go away.
    We have few females on the forum...your point of view would be appreciated.
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quite a birrrrrrrrd [:0]
  • fullautogunnerfullautogunner Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Missouri now allows handgun sales the same as long guns. You can buy from private people no problem, but I think 1 a week from a store is still in leffect. But you can walk out that day w/ one handgun, maybe more not sure. No need to get that darn 10$ permit from the sheriff anymore.

Machine guns are allowed in missouri, simple atf tax and approval.
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We did away with permit to acquire so there is no longer a wait either. The waiting period was actually dictated by the local sheriff. For example, down in St. Claire County, no wait, but here in Jackson County Tom Phillipes made us wait 5 business days not counting the day you applied. Since they didn't count weekends, it took 7 days. But that is finally gone. Now we have state legislators who want to enact safe storage laws. I will keep you posted.