In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Radical EXTREMIST..???

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
I post this about once a year....

Which person fits the defination of "Radical Extremist"..according to the Constitution..

Person "A"...
Who believes that the Second Amendment applies to the National Guard,the Police and Military,mainly..and that ordinary citizens may own guns only under stringent governmental controls..

Person "B"...
Who believes that the Second Amendment applies DIRECTLY to citizens having the absolute right to own,carry,and use any gun they so chose...free of governmental interference...

I believe that the answer to this question will tell you more about a person then some of us wish to know.

Comments

• JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Highball, I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you consider that the founders were radicals in their day, and I believe they meant the Constitution the way they wrote it, then I guess I'm a radical. The Constitution doesn't need "interpretation" unless you speak a language other than English.

If the radicals are the folks who believe the Constitution is a "Living Document" which you interpret or make up as you see fit, then I'm not a radical.

By today's standards, I'll say person "A" is the radical.

What do I win? [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    If our constitution was orginally supposed to be "interperted" from time-to-time, it wouldn't have been absoutely necessary to actually put the constitution in writing.

We could have saved a whole lot of paper and just passed it down from generation to generation verbally.

Until and if changed in writing, the consitituion should be interperted as written. Just a when reading a rule book about some national game such as professional football, baseball, basketball, etc. You don't see the referres on the field changing the rule book even if they disagree with it.

The referees have to go by the rule book until and if that rule book is changed.

Doesn't take many brains to realize that the constitution should be handled the same way otherwise it is nothing but a list of "suggestions".

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The Founders were indeed 'radical' for that time ....or any other.

Looking at the common run of folks today..the founders would be put in prison as being too dangerous to allow free run...and that act would be applauded by the general populace.

Naturally..believing in freedom...I use "Extremist" to mean the people working endlessly to destroy America as a land of Freedom..and I include those fellow travelers who believe in gun control.

James...[:D] The 'win' is the knowledge that you represent about 3 % of the population.Intelligent and not afraid to express an opinion.Any children raised by you will be blessed to have information about their heritage..and perhaps the ability to carry the fight into the future....

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??