In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Few Do More Than Forum Post

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
I have been aware of Rick Stanley in Denver, CO for a few years. Unlike people like me (and many others) he does more than talk. (Well, OK, I do spend some time, money and effort trying to help). Rick feels so strongly about citizens rights, and gun rights that, in trying to fight for the rest of us, he got himself into serious financial and legal trouble and even got himself into jail plus facing huge fines and possible prison time.

Here is a link to a letter of support written by David Codrea of Calif. David is also co-founder of RKBA, Right to Keep and Bear Arms (not to be confused with the Citizens Committee to Keep and Bear Arms). BTW, RKBA is not an admirer of the NRA, and I am. I have been in contact with David on more than one occassion. He is a bold, intelligent and active crusuder for citizen rights and gun rights. He is also a magazine writer for one of the Gun Magazines and you have probably read some of his articles. Here is the link to his letter he wrote in support of Rick Stanley:

http://www.stanley2002.org/docs/codrea.txt

I'm going to go back and get you the link for the Rick Stanley website. You need to know what goes on out there while we are all here safely posting on the GB Gun Rights forum:

http://www.stanley2002.org/

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Ahhh, Fox...you are such a 'babe in the woods'....you make such rash assumptions about other people.....

Stanley is a good foot soldier. He has forced to light what so many of us have known for many years..the Second Amendment is dead.

Reread Locust Fork's cry for help...a decent woman being shattered by evil....that still a political system you will defend to the death ? That any part of an America you strive for..? As you defend the NRA..do you factor in the Locust Forks' of the land....30 odd years old and being destroyed by the brutal hand of monsters....? Do you REALLY merely wish to prolong the agony...so we can die the death of a thousand cuts....going into the long dark night without a whimper....????
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Understood, TR. I freely admit that all I really do for the "cause" is support a few pro-gun groups of my choosing and post here regularly. Oh, and I buy a lot of guns and ammo too.

But I hear what you are saying. We have had a few threads here about "what would you do" or "what can you do" or "what if...", etc. On talk radio there is a term "Telephone Toughguy". These are the folks that will pick up a phone and threaten anyone, but once their bluff is called they turn out to be nothing. Maybe that is what we are doing here, just putting on a good show for each other.

Anyway, I have not seen any other course of action, other than what I am presently doing, that will advance the cause. You recently told me something to the effect of "just do no harm". I think getting in trouble with the law, like these folks you have mentioned, probably hurts the cause more than it helps. At least from a PR perspective. It's like Highball says, "don't give them a reason."

Of course I know you aren't condoning breaking the law, TR, I'm just giving you my perspective, as usual. These men are very passionate and I admire their enthusiasm, but I am not convinced it is the right path for me. I'm still searching for the best mechanism for me to pursue the cause. Perhaps this is it right here.

-WoundedWolf
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I am not advocating anyone change their behavior. Especially based upon what I might say or post. I just want everyone to be aware that there are people just like us but who are out there taking bullets for us. and unable to post on forum such as we have here. Since their in jail and all.
    edited November -1
    Highball, I think you for one would be very please to read the letter of support from David Codrea. In several ways he mentions that honest citizens may soon be to the point of rising up and overthrowing our oppressors. To our oppressors David's letter might even be seen as treasonist.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Codrea has a sharp pen. He also has put his life on the line...for many years. See..writing the truth puts your life on the line in the fair America of today.
    Please keep reading these people, Tr:..your attitude will become transformed.
    Cynisism did NOT come naturally to me..I love a good joke. I even today give the benefit of the doubt to ANYBODY...unless they work for the government.

Wounded Wolf; We have traded bitter words. Know this...I respect your calm judgement. We disagree on certain things..as with Fox. However..left to form a system that would work for decent people..we all could reach (dare I say it) compromise.
    However..we no longer will be allowed to reach such. The Elites sense victory...and are in full cry. They have backed off gun control..but are tearing huge chunks out elsewhere.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally written by David Codrea
    Here is my assessment-- the freedom movement is growing. More of our countrymen are awakening and joining its ranks every day. The genie cannot be put back into the bottle now that it is out.
    Are enough joining the ranks fast enough? We shall see.
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    BTW, RKBA is not an admirer of the NRA, and I am.
    Why is it, that the RKBA feels that way, about the NRA?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    quote:Originally written by David Codrea
    Here is my assessment-- the freedom movement is growing. More of our countrymen are awakening and joining its ranks every day. The genie cannot be put back into the bottle now that it is out.
    Are enough joining the ranks fast enough? We shall see.
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    BTW, RKBA is not an admirer of the NRA, and I am.
    Why is it, that the RKBA feels that way, about the NRA?

A good and fair question Pickenup. However, I will let other's answer if they care to. For me, RKBA and the NRA are both soldiers in the trenches fighting the same enemy the best they can. I would prefer them to get along the best they can while the gun rights war rages. There is no room for them to be enemies to each other now. They, and every gunner here, has more than enough anti-gun rights enemies that we don't need to make enemies out of each other.

Another fair and honest question you may have wanted to ask, but were too polite to or did not want to stir up the old pro/con NRA arguments here, is why did I even mention that the RKBA was no fan of the NRA? I only did that so that no one would get the idea that I recommend joining or providing support for the RKBA. And my reason is not solely because of their anti-NRA stance.