In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Missouri Supreme Court CCW Case

meunkemeunke Member Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did anybody else tune in to the debate yesterday for the Missouri CCW Supreme Court session?

If so, I would like to get your thoughts, especially those of you with a healthy chunk of legal background. Quite honestly, I'm not sure which way this case will go.

What do you all think will be the outcome and why?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    The archived audio of the court session is available now from their website.

http://www.missourinet.com/asp/asx.asp?listen=8050
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    IMHO since the wording in question is being claimed to be vague, thereby giving wiggle room to the judges, the anti-gun judges will vote against the lawful citizens of MO, the pro-gun judges will vote for those same citizens, and if there are any judges who are sane, honest, truthful and believe that power comes FROM the people TO the governments, those judges will vote for the lawful MO citiens and their right to carry self-defense equipment.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • Options
    Kidd_CKidd_C Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was hard for me to get a whole lot out of what was going on. Hopefully it will turn out our way.

Does anyone know when there is supposed to be a ruling?

You can't judge a book by its cover, but that doesn't mean you can't do a report on it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure anymore. Those of us in the Pro CCW movement here in Missouri have been rolling 7s and 11s here for a while. I think the dice are about to come up snake eyes.

After listening to the session, it seemed to me that the Hancock concern was not a problem for the law. Of course I'm not a lawyer or a judge.

I hope and pray that this comes out in our favor. Those of you out there who are spiritual, throw some prayers this way if ya could! [;)]