In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Federal Gun Law

rajjinrajjin Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
Ok, so here is my thoughts. I know that we are not supposed to need a Federal gun law. The 2nd amendment should in theory cover us 100%. The fact of the matter is, that those of us who live in some of the more Gastapoish states get bent over the barrle. So what about a new piece of legislation that cuts through the knee deep B.S. that is the current policy. So what do I think we need? Well I am glad you asked.

1. C.C.W. permits should be valid nation wide. Including all provinces and protectorats that the U.S. controls. This way every one has a legitimate chance of getting one. If it is issued at a federal level then the states wont be able to backdoor your everyday gun owner with so many restrictions, fees and hoops to jump through.

2. All firearms that do not fall under the federal machine gun act, are to be designated by what they are. I.E, Semi-auto, bolt action, breach loaded ect. Terms such as Assault Weapon which have no mechanical basis are defunct and cannot be altered at the state level.

3. Regisration should be optiional on all over the counter sales of firearms. Rifles, handguns, ammunition, and accesories should require nothing more than a monetary exchange. For actual fireamrs transactions, a background check for felon status/mental incompetence should be all that is required.

4. Inheritance, should be just that. The transfer of ones firearms to their designated recipiant. As long as it is legal for them to own the firearm.

Now these have been just a few things I have thought about while sitting here and I am looking forward to responses. Negative or positive. It is my opinion that individule rights will continue to be chipped away. The gun control issue has been a losing one because, no one wants to put it center stage and hash out a fair lasting agreement. One that cannot be infringed by some yuppie politician whom is the flavor of the month.

Rajjin

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok, with the following revisions.

1. CCW permits should not be required.
    2. Federal gov't has no right infringing on even machine guns.
    3. Registration should never be valid or encouraged. Felon status should not matter, because all the violent ones should never be let out of prison.
    4. Legal status is similar to what I said in 3.

Well, things would be more uniform, and not be imposing the will of others forcibly onto you.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Golly..I can find none of the above in the Second Amendment...what we neeeeeed is a good colonoscophy...of course,before one has that little jewel of medicine...you'all know what happens..